ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

26 minutes ago, grundee said:

Finally got to the checkout page but, uh no.

Guessing it sold out?

edit: Oh, looks like I got one after all (at the normal price)

1.JPG

Maybe it's an error? 1340 is for HKD. Not USD. Hope you're not paying that amount in USD. :spiteful:

Screenshot2024-10-10at6_40_04PM.png.fe98c137620acca75e113bf3563a1320.png

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Maybe it's an error? 1340 is for HKD. Not USD. Hope you're not paying that amount in USD. :spiteful:

Screenshot2024-10-10at6_40_04PM.png.fe98c137620acca75e113bf3563a1320.png

Yeah, it was just a pricing error I found funny while refreshing the page trying to check out, I think the site was still recovering from crashing.  I removed it from my cart and added it back and it was the correct USD 169.99 and that's the amount on the email receipt.

On 9/28/2024 at 5:37 PM, lmtsuper said:

One of the wing is crooked a bit. Is this a common issue, or just I got a bad one?

20240928_155538.jpg

Mine had the same thing, but not that bad. I tried bending it straight lightly but didn't do anything. Hopefully it gets fixed in future releases.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I kept refreshing until I could buy one. Seems like we had lots of success for only 30 being available.

Blocking Japan was probably a big factor to it. Plus we're not exactly as big of a community as the Gundam and Transformers fanbase.

Received my -1J last night from BBTS, and I’m pretty darned impressed. There are some small things that I don’t like, such as the chunky stand, landing gear color, floppy rudders, and the minor annoyance of the pilot hands not being on the cockpit control column.  But all in all, this thing is fantastic! It definitely has a hefty, quality, feel to it and I’m digging the clear parts also. Very happy with this purchase.

10 minutes ago, PNW_Sweetie said:

Received my -1J last night from BBTS, and I’m pretty darned impressed. There are some small things that I don’t like, such as the chunky stand, landing gear color, floppy rudders, and the minor annoyance of the pilot hands not being on the cockpit control column.  But all in all, this thing is fantastic! It definitely has a hefty, quality, feel to it and I’m digging the clear parts also. Very happy with this purchase.

Is it safe to assume that you don't own any DX Valks esp the VF-1's? ;) 

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

So, 30 Weathered were available for the 3Z site, but how many will be available through retailers?

They said they're making 2000 units, but I don't think anyone knows how many are still left after the event sales they've already done.

https://www.threezerohk.com/the-limited-edition-robo-dou-robotech-vf-1j-veritech-rick-hunter-weathered-edition-with-a-worldwide-limit-of-2000-units-will-make-its-appearance-this-summer-with-a-battle-worn-appearance-inspired-b/

Edited by grundee

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is it safe to assume that you don't own any DX Valks esp the VF-1's? ;) 

I have the -1D, -1S, and GBP DX’s. Beautiful pieces for sure. 

Edited by PNW_Sweetie

1 hour ago, PNW_Sweetie said:

I have the -1D, -1S, and GBP DX’s. Beautiful pieces for sure. 

Nice. I only asked because the things you pointed out earlier on regarding the ThreeZero VF-1J's, it's also the same issue with the DX VF-1's -- Chunky Stand, Floppy Rudders, Ugly Landing Gear color. :rolleyes:

Never had too much of an issue with the tails on either the DX or ThreeZero versions, but the gear are an ever-present point of silliness. :p 

Biggest issues I have with the ThreeZero are just that the arms sag so low in fighter that they plant the gunpod on the ground, and that it doesn't have any transforming hands that can hold the gunpod, which is something even the HMR VF-1s have.  The amount of paint and panel lining is a "concern," but I won't say it doesn't look good.

It's just in this weird middle category right between all of the other releases.