ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

13 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Mirya too?

I'm glad you asked.  Upon checking, I see that I have only the Roy and Max preordered.  It's hard for me to keep things straight when I pre-order items years in advance and lose track of them.

Screenshot2024-07-14at10_20_35.png.971e71e43dc74b63ec633f5b85523dbb.png

I know some here consider it too gimmicky, and I'm not a huge fan of how KC carried it off, but I hope TZ is considering effects when doing the fast packs and GBP armor. Either accessory can accommodate lights and/or sound, and neither has to be utilized.

Again, I haven't quite drunk the kool-aid on TZ yet, but such an effort to "one-up" Bandai (and maybe KC too if better done), might help sell me...and others on the fence too.

On 7/19/2024 at 3:06 AM, 505thAirborne said:

After watching this video, I'm actually tempted to get one of these. 

I like watching his reviews, usually he has fantastic still montages at the end of his videos. This is first time I'm seeing him handling a transformable figure though. He nearly put on the missiles backwards too. :lol:

7 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

Some weird poses near the end...:crazy:

Just shows how posable it is. :lol:

This VF certainly looks stable and rugged. Fighter mode is pretty good, but I actually like Battroid the best! B))

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just shows how posable it is. :lol:

This VF certainly looks stable and rugged. Fighter mode is pretty good, but I actually like Battroid the best! B))

Yeah, I like the buff look of battroid. Can't wait for the VF-1S  that I preordered. But I do hope Threezero will make some improvements, like with the elbow joint and other stuff mentioned here and in some reviews.

51 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Yeah, I like the buff look of battroid. Can't wait for the VF-1S  that I preordered. But I do hope Threezero will make some improvements, like with the elbow joint and other stuff mentioned here and in some reviews.

Yeah, that elbow joint is an odd choice but not the worst thing ever. Is the VF-1S with Roy or Hikaru piloting? 

Another review. I mostly skimmed through it just to be curious if the missiles will be installed backwards lol. But they were properly installed.
What's surprising is that the missiles look massively undersized compared to the Yamcadia (he compares with the KO 1/60). And apparently the 1/60 missiles fit right onto TZ's pylons.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so confused to not see more fuss about the Threezero release. It's a HUGE upgrade from the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 and an even bigger upgrade from the kitzconcept figures. 

I got mine yesterday so have gone through the transformation a few times... It's brilliant, amazing paint, amazing build, amazing articulation, really clever waist swivel and just all round pretty excellent. Have seen a lot of comments around the elbows, both joints work perfectly fine on mine. Im not sure what the complaint is.

There are some negatives. The waist swivel can disconnect, similar to the DX line and just like the DX, can unclip far too easy for my liking. 

The hands can be left on for transformation but not the gun holding hands. Would like to have seen articulated hands like DX tbh. 

The torso doesn't clip in at all in battroid mode. Unless you use the chest fillers. With out them there isnt anything locking the chest down or back into lace. the only lock is the swing bar at the bottom into the nose cone but the swing back is quite articulated so there's a lot of movermnet. if you use the chest fillers, it's all pretty secure.

Overall, i actually prefer it to the DX. the finish is much nicer, the white and red really pop. The ankle, neck and waist articulation is all done really well and the proportions in battroid mode are really nice and very anime. Narrower chest, chunkier lower legs etc. Looks absolutely brilliant. I much prefer this scale, much easier to display. 

As a package the DX is still the pinnacle to me and whilst I will keep them, the threezero is likely going to be displayed going forward

if anyone wants any comparison pics, just shout

Edited by pezley

34 minutes ago, pezley said:

I am so confused to not see more fuss about the Threezero release. It's a HUGE upgrade from the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 and an even bigger upgrade from the kitzconcept figures. 

I got mine yesterday so have gone through the transformation a few times... It's brilliant, amazing paint, amazing build, amazing articulation, really clever waist swivel and just all round pretty excellent. Have seen a lot of comments around the elbows, both joints work perfectly fine on mine. Im not sure what the complaint is.

There are some negatives. The waist swivel can disconnect, similar to the DX line and just like the DX, can unclip far too easy for my liking. 

The hands can be left on for transformation but not the gun holding hands. Would like to have seen articulated hands like DX tbh. 

The torso doesn't clip in at all in battroid mode. Unless you use the chest fillers. With out them there isnt anything locking the chest down or back into lace. the only lock is the swing bar at the bottom into the nose cone but the swing back is quite articulated so there's a lot of movermnet. if you use the chest fillers, it's all pretty secure.

Overall, i actually prefer it to the DX. the finish is much nicer, the white and red really pop. The ankle, neck and waist articulation is all done really well and the proportions in battroid mode are really nice and very anime. Narrower chest, chunkier lower legs etc. Looks absolutely brilliant. I much prefer this scale, much easier to display. 

As a package the DX is still the pinnacle to me and whilst I will keep them, the threezero is likely going to be displayed going forward

I think that most of the people that are uninterested are mainly just turned off by the overall looks rather than the engineering. Personally I’m not as interested in toys an I am model kits, so that’s my reason for passing on it along with price.

5 hours ago, pezley said:

Were you able to check @jvmacross's review on the figure on Page 19?

6 hours ago, pezley said:

I ordered it last year and I’m still waiting for A3U to get their stock. As usual it’s taking them forever. 

I like the look of this toy and I was hoping to replace some of my DX collection with these because they are smaller and I was hoping they would be better to transform and play with. Don’t have it in hand yet but I am REALLY turned off by the gun holding hand needing to be removed for transformation. Also the chest filler parts being needed to lock the chest is not great. I’m a perfect transformation fan so these issues may be deal breakers for me and I may stop buying this series and possibly sell the first release when I get it. In my opinion by now a company should have figured out perfect transformation chest filler parts. 

6 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

In my opinion by now a company should have figured out perfect transformation chest filler parts. 

Even if they do it in 'origami' style, I don't think it's doable and still keep Fighter and Gerwalk look slim on the chest area.

15 hours ago, pezley said:

Patiently waiting for my copy & looking forward to handling it to get a good feel of the in-hand difference between it and the other brands out there. But I thought there's a brace that locks the backplate to the underside of the chest plate? I remember thinking it was something that wasn't present in other iterations of VF-1, and a nice way to shift some pressure from the hip bars since the latter also need to do swiveling duties now. But later I found that the DX also has this, and TZ just copied it almost wholesale lol.

TZbackplatelock.jpg.0614006dfb642a80356e570eace6f1ec.jpg

18 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I want one of these but July was an expensive month for me and I’ve already splurged on enough stuff I shouldn’t have.

Yeah, I get that feeling after I buy water, too.  I'm dreading the oxygen bill next month...  (kidding but only kinda?  At the rate things are going I wonder how long it'll be until we're all President Scroob. )Scroob.jpg.133c2af80a847aa299c7089b233bc0ae.jpg

Edited by CoryHolmes

It's not that there's no interest in the line, it's that there's a good amount of people who don't want to invest in another different scale VF-1 line as well as some people who aren't on board with the 'loud' black panel-lining look.

If I didn't already have Yamato V2's, Hi-metals and DX VF-1's I'd totally pick up this line

17 minutes ago, Duymon said:

It's not that there's no interest in the line, it's that there's a good amount of people who don't want to invest in another different scale VF-1 line as well as some people who aren't on board with the 'loud' black panel-lining look.

If I didn't already have Yamato V2's, Hi-metals and DX VF-1's I'd totally pick up this line

Considering the comparison to the Yamato V2, I don't even think you can say it qualifies as a different scale, it's just another very slightly different take on a scale we already have saturation in.