ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

10 hours ago, troyness said:

Love the chunkyness of it ....but after all the advancements in toy engineering over the years the legs still can't do a full squat & wings still can't retract. I don't see enough there for me to purchase one. 

It's definitely not without its shortcomings (at least, IMO).  The hip swing-bar is fun and adds a wonderful element of dynamism for posing, but the swing-bar's size and mechanics (perhaps necessary at this scale) make the transformation a bit delicate.  Also, I wish the wings ratcheted like the 1/55s.  Apart from those quibbles, I'm in love.

Edited by 26662
Fixed autocorrect fail.

2 hours ago, 26662 said:

Same for me.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 18.55.07.png

Assuming the VF-1J is decent, I think I will purchase the VF-1S straight from the source...

But seriously, Kitz Concept is robbing customers with their outragous shipping charges

Just preordered the 1S. It's been a loooong time since I last purchased a VF-1 toy. I've been too content with the Yamcadia V.2 1/60s. I'm very happy with my other Robo Dou figs so I'm excited for this.

Perhaps it was mis -transformed when in fighter? Is there a gap behind it's neck in battroid? 

49 minutes ago, enphily said:

image.png.7fd1781325a760cb408a78fee7789c9f.pngIt looks good in battroid mode but that gap between head and arms in fighter mode is bad

Proly didn't slide the arms/shoulders far enough forward along the "rails"

5 hours ago, shazam said:

Thanks for posting. :good:

Couple of things stood out for me in this video:

1. The weight is at 325g. I just weighted the Yamcadia v2 in front of me and it is just shy of 200g. Threezero's is heavy! Coincidentally, the Arcadia 1/24 Garland in Slave mode is about the same height as TZ's in Battroid but weights exactly the same at 325g, so I now have a very good sense of its weight in hand.

2. The reviewer says there's a coating on the surface, so not sure if he meant it is painted or if it's just a kind of clear coat. Either way, this should boost its yellowing resistance and frankly, this was exactly what I was hoping for. 

Something else I'm also noticing, is that the entire backplate sits further back in Battroid, which is why the side-covers look so conspicuous because they are proportionately thicker than all other VF-1 toys before it. The upside is it looks like the hips can now rotate  completely forwards without the top of it / intakes hitting the wings, so leg-forward poses can be done without engaging the Garrwalk joint like the many toys before it. We can see this when the reviewer put it through its articulation phase, though the caveat is that it is possible the reviewer did not fold the backplate down completely   forwards much further before needing to engage the Gerwalk joint. There is definitely more space there than other transforming VF-1 toys.

2 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

Check 7:25 timestamp. Tried to load a screenshot but got an error.

Tried to upload a screenshot too, but looks like I'm getting the same error. 

Edited by MKT

I'm curious about the small tab protruding in front of the head in fighter mode. You can see it in the thumbnail of the video.

When he is folding the landing gear in is showing, latter on the tab seems to be pushed into the fuselage.

Also, the hands are attache via a small bar with ball joint on both ends. That is new 

1 hour ago, Froy said:

I'm curious about the small tab protruding in front of the head in fighter mode. You can see it in the thumbnail of the video.

When he is folding the landing gear in is showing, latter on the tab seems to be pushed into the fuselage.

Good catch. That's a strange flap, and I can only think it's something to be pulled out to help swing the landing gear out of its bay although it seems unnecessary.

Also, for the rear bay door, the one further back towards the feet appear to have the slot for your finger nail / tool to pry the door open at the wrong side. The slot should be at the side opposite the hinge, not the same side as the hinge lol. We can see it at the 23 sec mark.

As I go through the video again, I also notice the arms no longer hang down lower than the legs in Fighter. Were the ones in stock pictures (image below) mis-transformed?
But it just looks like the reviewer just hasn't slid the arms all the way forward, which is why we see the huge gap between the head and arms underside. Once the arms are in proper position though, the arms should be in a lower position than they are shown.

7 hours ago, shazam said:

This could be the very same guy that posted with the backwards missiles on some earlier pics from Baidu or something.

As for the Veritech, there were some nice innovations on it.

Particularly their innovation on the T-Bar rotating gimmick from Bandai's DX-VF1 line.

So far on first-viewing...

The chest-transtormation is a bit intriguing,

Rick Hunter pilot strangely has both of the arms splayed out for whatever reason.

The head seems still too big and ball-y.  

The popeye arms are stil popeye-y.

Not sure if there are no pt hands and one has to really install them after.

The chest-side gap is quite weird. Maybe mistransformed like the backwards missiles:

image.png.a036b2adbdf4dcb3e57986b54b268722.png

image.png.d1402662d9f23e19cf0fcd160185166e.png

Wish he has the Bandai DX and the Yamarcadia 1/60v2 to compare with.

As usual, gonna wait for @jenius for a more detailed and non-rushed review.  Especially comparos with other existing VF-1 toys.

Maybe wotafa will review it as well...

Edited by treatment

5 hours ago, enphily said:

image.png.7fd1781325a760cb408a78fee7789c9f.pngIt looks good in battroid mode but that gap between head and arms in fighter mode is bad

4 hours ago, troyness said:

Perhaps it was mis -transformed when in fighter? Is there a gap behind it's neck in battroid? 

4 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

Proly didn't slide the arms/shoulders far enough forward along the "rails"

4 hours ago, enphily said:

maybe

Yeah. 

Is it an actual feature,  or a mistranformation bug?

image.png.f8aeb812498ace9b4d68b0f836693cb5.png

fwiw, this is how the arms placement looked like in the other video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joyjynncW80

image.png.17292eeb43008facc96827f52a025e0d.png

Also, not sure if the flip-out gear lights from the DX and Yamarcadia exists on this Veritech, or if both reviewers simply forgot about that gimmick:

Veritech Robo-Dou:

image.png.efd33ded81b7c77c4ae9dda73b2aeede.png

flip-out gear lights gimmick on both the Bandai DX and Yamarcadia 1/60v2 (pic courtesy of @jenius anymoon) :

image.png.0bbc9544f59f19d1251fe75866c00e7d.png

3 minutes ago, Froy said:

Any one for a DX ver. of that intake cover removal tool?

20240618_113453.gif.8345f843f2ac3d6f196a12d17b333e8a.gif

On the DX version you don't need a tool! 🤣 From what I see some things are good and some stuff is just questionable!?

Many of the stuffs in the various videos so far have mis-transformations to varying degrees.

So far, the only major curiosity I have left are whether or not the arms truly hang down lower than the legs in Fighter. Pics provided by Threezero confirms it, but with no Fighter rear view pic provided, we do not know if they have also mis-transformed it.

Can @mcfly50 or @26662 confirm this?

ROBO-DOU-VF-1J-Veritech-Rick-Hunter_withlogo_15-scaled.jpg.919229a0762cc69251db04a99f440307.jpg

F29C0E02-A2BD-4BB1-98B4-F7EC70F75548.webp.1661b9a1dfcd7026f1bfda9864d0bb92.webp.262c31c6b54472ebd39dfb1803f9116d.webp

5 minutes ago, Froy said:

There is a couple of moments in the video where the arms appear to be flush with the legs hight.

Screenshot_20240618-1207082.png.c5324048da617244f62fb0ab28a5cb29.png

Screenshot_20240618-1208522.png.e6fdd3ca801b7fcded85435f7dd13a0f.png

Yeah, but still seems to look mistransformed, tho. 

Head-gap and all that...