ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks!...look very clean...

First thing I notice is the lack of any "マクロス" logos....

For some reason the video does not load for me...

If you are on mobile, it probably asks you to view on app when clicking on the link.

Try enabling web translation, & then there should be link somewhere on that page that says ‘continue viewing on web browser’. 

OK, finally got to see the video on my laptop....

Looks pretty good....looking forward to seeing how this looks next to a KC 1/72 and Yamato 1/60...

Hopefully KC doesn't decide to keep all of the PO deposits on their remaining unreleased 1/72 VF-1 toys and 'vanish'....;)

I rewatched the video and realized with all these improvements from other companies, Bandai included, nobody can top Yamato's/Arcadia's canopy and landing gears.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

So do you have to remove the hands for transformation?

Looks like it comes with a small hand that fits inside the arm for transformation.

Saw a different video that shows height comparison with YamArcadia's 1/60 VF-1J in Battroid... errr... Battloid mode.

Screenshot2024-06-03at7_05_59PM.png.baf63eeb5a54fea1a3458a9e251c1337.png

Edited by no3Ljm

Posted (edited)

It doesn’t look all that bad! The panel lining is something to get used too… Everything seems to stay in place when transformed but more videos are needed!

I really hope that @jenius gets his, for review soon and shows us the differences. 

Edited by grogall

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, grogall said:

It doesn’t look all that bad! The panel lining is something to get used too…

Yes. A drawback (one of them) of KC was the accentuated panel lining, and I'm not psyched about seeing on this too. Still, I'm more worried about the feel in hand, and if the head really seems bulbous up close.

Edited by Radioguy

I'm curious to see what's the purpose of the added bracket that is part of the metal bar connected to the leg which Arcadia or Bandai have it.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

I'm curious to see what's the purpose of the added bracket that is part of the metal bar connected to the leg which Arcadia or Bandai have it.

Maybe to allow the bar to stay connected while allowing hip rotation

Twich

8 minutes ago, twich said:

Maybe to allow the bar to stay connected while allowing hip rotation

Twich

Probably. But then, I'm thinking the 1/48 would benefit more of that said added bracket since it's bigger than this one. That's why I'm wondering why a shrank 'DX' design would need it.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably. But then, I'm thinking the 1/48 would benefit more of that said added bracket since it's bigger than this one. That's why I'm wondering why a shrank 'DX' design would need it.

When I saw the video someone posted, it showed the hip rotation and it acted like a tract to allow the connection bar to move. I guess we will find out when these arrive in hands and I can watch Jenius do a review on anymoon.com.

Twich

1 hour ago, jenius said:

All quiet on the bbts front, and I'm assuming it will be for a bit. I wonder if I'll get this up before the dx YF-21.

Well you could review the DX Chogokin VF-1D if you want something to do!? Or the GBP?

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it comes with a small hand that fits inside the arm for transformation.

Saw a different video that shows height comparison with YamArcadia's 1/60 VF-1J in Battroid... errr... Battloid mode.

I used to be okay with the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 head sitting high, but these days it looks off, almost to the point that it ruins Battroid mode.

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice...have link to this video?

Is this possibly the prophesied "DX" 1\60 VF-1?  LOL

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like next to other VF's....

Seems close to the KC in battroid height...

image.png.370d66f2375915021fce26603f6c8f92.png

5 hours ago, jenius said:

BORING! Nah, after the VT-1 comes out I'll catch up on the DX VF-1 releases.

I seem to remember you had an assistant help demo things once. Maybe just have them do it while you relax?

1 hour ago, grogall said:

So from this picture I would surmise it’s 1/72 scale?

KitzConcept VF-1's was marketed as 1/72. ThreeZero's on the other hand is marketed as Non-Scaled figure. Seeing that the ThreeZero height is somehow closer to YamArcadia's height as I have posted on the screengrab above (posted below again), we can probably assume based on @jenius' scale findings 2nd photo below in Battroid mode, the ThreeZero is probably 1/62-ish.

KitzConcept-VF-1J-Rick-Hunter-25.jpg.3e344695220604889f5fd6117c377bd0.jpg

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice...have link to this video?

Here you go: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1oT421e7Gq/

4 hours ago, treatment said:

The VF-1J's head looks oversized in fighter and gerwalk. I don't know if this is a mis-transformation issue or that the head does not recess enough into the space provided.

VF-1J1.jpg.839a45896683f7d020dd6ad7f9065437.jpgVF-1J3.jpg.4384c3d630677ddb2c4c37fca993359a.jpgVF-1J2.jpg.93af1fb68e92ef71d039ca689c85ccca.jpgVF-1J4.jpg.8fb99c8fe92ea1a8b969330013a5f646.jpg

On 6/4/2024 at 5:08 AM, no3Ljm said:

LOL. Looks like it's already yellowing in that pic!

Jokes aside, it looks solid. 

But to convince me to click buy on one of these, it would need to be a Stealth or Low Vis repaint. 

43 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Nice....do you by chance have a KC 1/72 VF-1 to compare the ThreeZero VF-1 to?

I don’t, sorry.  I buy/collect only 1/55, DX, and now, maybe, Three Zero.  

This Three Zero is smaller than I expected, but looks, feels, and handles like a premium product. 

Got mine today. I like it a lot. Don’t forget to press the hidden buttons in the legs to extend the legs and feet. That’s a new trick. Time will tell, but I think this might be a hit. 🙂

On 6/11/2024 at 1:37 PM, 26662 said:

🙂  I have no idea what the bottom box is.  Knowing me, it’s probably a pre-order from 10 years ago.

IMG_0520.jpeg

On 6/11/2024 at 7:42 PM, mcfly50 said:

Got mine today. I like it a lot. Don’t forget to press the hidden buttons in the legs to extend the legs and feet. That’s a new trick. Time will tell, but I think this might be a hit. 🙂

What was the cost to ship these directly from ThreeZero?

Love the chunkyness of it ....but after all the advancements in toy engineering over the years the legs still can't do a full squat & wings still can't retract. I don't see enough there for me to purchase one.