Halo the Series

sh9000

I forgot to finish the first season before it got pulled. I think I got to episode 4 or5 and planned to try and watch the rest, but Amazon yanked it. I really wasn’t too into the show though, so it wasn’t a big loss 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we doin'...

Spoiler

...the Fall of Reach this season? They named dropped Visegrád Relay and it going offline (which was the 1st mission in Halo: Reach).

2 hours ago, azrael said:

So we doin'...

Hide contents

...the Fall of Reach this season? They named dropped Visegrád Relay and it going offline (which was the 1st mission in Halo: Reach).

I wonder:

Spoiler

If after the Fall of Reach, they'll go right into the Combat Evolved storyline, or try to stretch things out a bit?

I imagine Combat Evolved would be next, after the events of what I'm expecting to play out this season that's the next stop for Chief in the game timeline. I absolutely loved Halo Reach, great book and one of the best games in the series, I'm wondering if we'll get....

Spoiler

A Noble Team reference, or even appearance. That'd be cool. 

Either way, solid first two episodes, episode 1 in particular was great, comes off like a soft-reboot of sorts. Effects look better, action was more focused and easier to follow, I'm definitely excited for the rest of the season. 

• 5 months later...

I only watched a few episodes when they started a free preview on amazon, but I forgot to finish the first season before it got pulled. Not sad about that at all. It really wasn’t good. Maybe one day a better service will actually put some money into the show and deliver a better story

This has to be terrible for Paramount+ as HALO was their flagship series over Star Trek. Also, HALO was the main reason I signed up with Paramount+ but was disappointed all the same. Almost all the human characters were unlikable. Who were the villains again??

I hadn't played HALO since HALO2 but think a epic action movie would have been a better choice over a series. Hopefully they can try again someday but I doubt it as there is a ton more games out there more worthy of movie/streaming development.

Edited by TangledThorns

Yeah I'm not surprised by the cancellation, I watched both seasons and would watch a season 3 but I know I'm in the minority. I think focusing on Chief was a mistake, he shouldn't have been the main character and they should've kept his mystique and speaking parts down to a minimum, the main characters should've been ODST or UNSC Marines.

All the Halo live action shorts were incredibly well done, especially the one by Blomkamp, he wanted to do a Halos series or film first and he wanted it grounded, a war series, he said he wanted to do something like Band of Brothers but Halo and that always sounded like an absolutely fantastic idea, but he moved onto others things and the ideas for a Halo film or showed died off for nearly a decade until we got this P+ show. Oh well, this short still holds up to this day and is far more impressive then anything on either season of the P+ show. 

Well, that was a predictable outcome.

Paramount+'s Halo was, IMO, a sterling example of how not every successful franchise needs a "Cinematic Universe".  It's visually stunning like every big budget direct-to-streaming property has to be, but the story is just so empty and so unnecessary.  Making it a prequel was unnecessary.  Making it a separate timeline was unnecessary.  Trying to to character drama with a character who is iconic for being a faceless and unflappably stoic power armored beatstick was unnecessary and counterproductive to boot.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I think focusing on Chief was a mistake, he shouldn't have been the main character

Master Chief was a main character? You could have fooled me given how much screen time was dedicated to Kwan's totally epic mystical journey of being an A-hole, and Soren's "dude where's my kid?" storylines.

What little we got of Master Chief was him being anything butt Master Chief with him spending most of his time moping around a military base, moping inside a prison cell, not wearing his armor, and clapping cheeks with the covenant chick before helping her escape which directly leads to Reach getting annihilated.

7 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Master Chief was a main character? You could have fooled me given how much screen time was dedicated to Kwan's totally epic mystical journey of being an A-hole, and Soren's "dude where's my kid?" storylines.

What little we got of Master Chief was him being anything butt Master Chief with him spending most of his time moping around a military base, moping inside a prison cell, not wearing his armor, and clapping cheeks with the covenant chick before helping her escape which directly leads to Reach getting annihilated.

Yeah the B-plots were just awful, I thought Kwan got dropped in season 2 but nope, they didn't learn anything and she was back, and absolutely stalled the pacing and made me check my phone while she was onscreen, just like the first season. I wasn't prepared for how much out of armor Chief we'd get, for the entire battle of Reach, which he didn't even take part in in the games, he didn't even have his armor, instead the only Spartan that acted like an actual Spartan died. 

Not surprised. I would had been okay with something Halo in spirit involving new characters and situations that were parallel to the franchise, but not trying to reboot it in a fashion that really alienated its fanbase the way it has for the last few years with this series. So, that's fine, I won't miss the series, I never even finished watching it. 

22 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

What little we got of Master Chief was him being anything butt Master Chief

If he got a few more seasons, he’d have been promoted to Rear Admiral Butt Master Chief

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Welp. Finished the last HALO episode and it was excellent which is also an incredible let down as the series is cancelled. They should have started the HALO series the way it ended.

Real shame. Real stupidity.

So, back asswords.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Welp. Finished the last HALO episode and it was excellent which is also an incredible let down as the series is cancelled. They should have started the HALO series the way it ended.

Real shame. Real stupidity.

It might have ended well, but will only be remembered for how it started and then soon forgotten