Medievil.03__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.04__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.05__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.06__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.07__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.08__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.09__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.10__scaled_800.jpg

Might have to get this one. That old medieval Spawn in the background was my first Spawn action figure years ago, although it was the basic blue color 

3 hours ago, Big s said:

Might have to get this one. That old medieval Spawn in the background was my first Spawn action figure years ago, although it was the basic blue color 

Same here. I'll try to join Kickstarter for this. :good: 

Some slideshow of toy photos shown at SDCC 2024:

Mcf.00__scaled_800.jpg

Mcf.01__scaled_800.jpg

Mcf.02__scaled_800.jpg

Mcf.03__scaled_800.jpg

Mcf.05__scaled_800.jpg

Mcf.06__scaled_800.jpg

On 7/25/2024 at 6:46 AM, no3Ljm said:

MEDIEVAL SPAWN Kickstarter displayed at SDCC 2024

Medievil.00__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.11__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.02__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.03__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.04__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.05__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.06__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.07__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.08__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.09__scaled_800.jpg

Medievil.10__scaled_800.jpg

Wait... wait, wait...

So for the first time in a while, they finally make an amazing figure, and it's a Kickstarters? What is wrong with Todd. 

2 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Wait... wait, wait...

So for the first time in a while, they finally make an amazing figure, and it's a Kickstarters? What is wrong with Todd. 

If you meant amazing figure with articulation intact like their regular figure, then yes, a first time in a while. I believe this is their second foray now doing Kickstarters. If you remember, their first one is the Original Spawn with limited articulation back in 2020. I didn't got one so hopefully he will re-release it as a regular release or he can do another Kickstarter campaign and remaster the Image 10th Annivesary figure instead. ;) 

Thing is I'd rather have a quality and highly articulated version of the OG armor (Spawn #5, or whatever), not the blinged out thing on the left.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

the Image 10th Annivesary figure instead. ;) 

I still have 3 of those sealed... need to sell them.

Yeah, I remember the original kickstarter. Didn't budge due to shipping+customs to Europe and then there was something about the articulation that put me off back then... can't remember what exactly... 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

If you meant amazing figure with articulation intact like their regular figure, then yes, a first time in a while. I believe this is their second foray now doing Kickstarters. If you remember, their first one is the Original Spawn with limited articulation back in 2020. I didn't got one so hopefully he will re-release it as a regular release or he can do another Kickstarter campaign and remaster the Image 10th Annivesary figure instead. ;) 

That original Kickstarter release was garbage.

21 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Thing is I'd rather have a quality and highly articulated version of the OG armor (Spawn #5, or whatever), not the blinged out thing on the left.

This version of the Medieval (#14) who first appeared with #9, right? Yeah, that would be nice to have an updated one too. ;) 

19095689_1558477010863042_2140651327014214712_o.jpg.4a42dfaef1585850c22584cbb35f5357.jpg

21 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I still have 3 of those sealed... need to sell them.

Yeah, I remember the original kickstarter. Didn't budge due to shipping+customs to Europe and then there was something about the articulation that put me off back then... can't remember what exactly... 

I think it has to do with the articulation design limited to the body form. The Kickstarter body have that curve standing position so the moment you twist and turn, the figure will look off. Same with the knees and arms due to the stance. Besides, that's how they design their figures from the 90's/00's with limited articulation. :( 

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That original Kickstarter release was garbage.

For me it's garbage how they did the tier. For me who just wants the normal costume in mask, I have to pay $80, where the basic figure which is $40 it has the shoe-laced burger face.

Still. I regret not getting the normal release just to have a static Classic Spawn figure with updated mold. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Wait... wait, wait...

I totally agree. This thing would sell even on standard release. This is the first Spawn figure I’ve been really interested in in a while. And as others have stated the first kickstarter Spawn was a great idea, but it had that look as if they meant it for a fixed pose statue and then added joints in awkward ways. 

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This version of the Medieval (#14) who first appeared with #9, right? Yeah, that would be nice to have an updated one too. ;) 

We're still waiting for this one, but Todd design team is also known to troll fans at times. 

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think it has to do with the articulation design limited to the body form. The Kickstarter body have that curve standing position so the moment you twist and turn, the figure will look off. Same with the knees and arms due to the stance. Besides, that's how they design their figures from the 90's/00's with limited articulation. :( 

For me it's garbage how they did the tier. For me who just wants the normal costume in mask, I have to pay $80, where the basic figure which is $40 it has the shoe-laced burger face.

That was it, the hip articulation, and yeah, forgot about how stupid expensive the masked version was, which they knew, as it's the one everyone wants. 

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

I totally agree. This thing would sell even on standard release. This is the first Spawn figure I’ve been really interested in in a while. And as others have stated the first kickstarter Spawn was a great idea, but it had that look as if they meant it for a fixed pose statue and then added joints in awkward ways. 

Thank you. Standard release. With all those extra goodies, I still wouldn't mind dropping $70-$80 at my local store for it. 

And knowing them, they'll probably put the Spartan helmet and normal helmet at the highest price tiers. 

4 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Thank you. Standard release. With all those extra goodies, I still wouldn't mind dropping $70-$80 at my local store for it. 

I’m ashamed to say that I’ve bought figures that I was less excited about for more than that. Lately I’ve been trying not to overspend on thing I’m not as interested in due to space and cost, but I definitely want this one

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m ashamed to say that I’ve bought figures that I was less excited about for more than that. Lately I’ve been trying not to overspend on thing I’m not as interested in due to space and cost, but I definitely want this one

We've all been down that road. Before I flogged most of my collection due to moving countries, I found figures I forgot about and said "I spent so much on just this one figure? Why?"

I'm keen on this too, but the deal breaking will be the shipping type with likely handling fees to Europe... We'll see. 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

To be honest, I really don't have a lot of Spawn figure. Just selected ones that I like. Mostly the ones based on the comic covers. This articulated Medieval Spawn is also something I'm looking forward too. But since it's a Kickstarter and as Raikkonen also mentioned that the head that everyone needs might be one of the higher tier, if this will e the case again, I'll just buy the regular Medieval Spawn that is readily available in Amazon for $20 and just do wash on it to bring out more the details. ;) 

47 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

We're still waiting for this one, but Todd design team is also known to troll fans at times. 

That was it, the hip articulation, and yeah, forgot about how stupid expensive the masked version was, which they knew, as it's the one everyone wants. 

And knowing them, they'll probably put the Spartan helmet and normal helmet at the highest price tiers. 

Todd himself is also a troll. :lol: Like I mentioned above, if the Kickstarter Tier pricing is ridiculous, back to $20 Medieval Spawn for me. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Big s said:

30 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

We've all been down that road. Before I flogged most of my collection due to moving countries, I found figures I forgot about and said "I spent so much on just this one figure? Why?"

I'm keen on this too, but the deal breaking will be the shipping type with likely handling fees to Europe... We'll see. 

I'm with you guys on this. Not sure if it's just becoming old or just things you that you get tired of. But it's true, I sometimes asked myself 'really? I spend this on something I didn't open and just left it inside the cabinet for years and it's just collecting dust, not to mention there's now something better out there of the same thing.' It's crazy. I'm really attached to stuff but I'm trying not to be like that anymore. So I always open my toys to enjoy and display it. For me now, it's pointless to buy everything and not opening it. I don't collect just to stare at the box image nor to see how much I have.

Time to play pew-pew and swoosh-swoosh with your toys, boys and girls. :clapping:

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So I always open my toys to enjoy and display it. For me now, it's pointless to buy everything and not opening it. I don't collect just to stare at the box image nor to see how much I have.

Time to play pew-pew and swoosh-swoosh with your toys, boys and girls. :clapping:

I went down the phase briefly of buying double and triples, so to have one open, one left sealed, and sometimes a third kept in the original shipping box with the plastic wrap. It was a crazy.

But I don't feel too ashamed as an acquaintance during the Yamaha/Arcadia peak, he literary brought 4 of 5 of each of those valks and also went crazy with the vintage 1/55. Three to display in each mode, and 1 or 2 to keep sealed. But the master plan to eventually have this great display room of valks from wall to wall, never came to be as he lost interest. Last I heard he's trying hard to flog his entire collection of almost 300 valks in bulk, but as he's asking for premium e-bay prices, he's still stuck with it.  

Now it's years I buy singles, fewer, open them, and enjoy them more. 

7 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I went down the phase briefly of buying double and triples, so to have one open, one left sealed, and sometimes a third kept in the original shipping box with the plastic wrap. It was a crazy.

But I don't feel too ashamed as an acquaintance during the Yamaha/Arcadia peak, he literary brought 4 of 5 of each of those valks and also went crazy with the vintage 1/55. Three to display in each mode, and 1 or 2 to keep sealed. But the master plan to eventually have this great display room of valks from wall to wall, never came to be as he lost interest. Last I heard he's trying hard to flog his entire collection of almost 300 valks in bulk, but as he's asking for premium e-bay prices, he's still stuck with it.  

Now it's years I buy singles, fewer, open them, and enjoy them more. 

Actually, this is what I'm afraid of back then about my collectibles. I know that if I price it a lot, I'm going to get stuck with it for a long period. I already sold stuff back home in bargain just to get rid of it. And that without opening the toy ever since I bought it. Kind of pathetic. :cray:

I hope the BTAS Batwing also gets sold through Target so that I can apply one of their discounts to it like what I did with the BTAS Batmobile.  A 1/12 scale BTAS Batmobile for $66 is a great price.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I hope the BTAS Batwing also gets sold through Target so that I can apply one of their discounts to it like what I did with the BTAS Batmobile.  A 1/12 scale BTAS Batmobile for $66 is a great price.

What's the news on when and where it's going to sell?

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

To be honest, I really don't have a lot of Spawn figure. Just selected ones that I like.

That’s how I am these days, but back in the 90’s I was super excited about every release. I would walk home from high school with cash I was supposed to spend on lunch and swing by target. Then when a friend got a job at Kay Bee toys, he would set certain things aside for me until I showed up. He would help me get a lot of the crazy variants and I spent way too much money back then. But I had fun collecting back then in the pre internet days where physical stores may or may not have anything.

35 minutes ago, Negotiator said:

What's the news on when and where it's going to sell?

I'm assuming the BTAS toys will still be sold through Target.

1D44C04D-BA64-44F5-BD08-B70B86402218.webp.f33f6e4eed90f99b7a09c9b99c9f345b.webp

I hope the BTAS Batcave gets rereleased.  I skipped a few DC Collectibles back in the day and the original release goes for a crazy price.