1 hour ago, Big s said:

Did they change the title on this one?

I could have sworn the preview from before was something like red or big red or something 

Yep, it was known as "The Red".

As for Hicks, I don't what's scarier: a xenomorph or a psychotic zombie kangaroo.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

4 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Yep, it was known as "The Red".

As for Hicks, I don't what's scarier: a xenomorph or a psychotic zombie kangaroo.

I knew it had red in there somewhere. Australia has a few of these films recently with a killer Kangaroo in one or two, a couple movies about the great Emu war and a few about their infamous Drop Bears recently 

We decided to give CIVIL WAR a try since it was on HBO Saturday night, overall, it's a lack luster film with very little to say (a few good scenes, but overall, I wouldn't watch it again). While from what I've read the director purposely gives no backstory on how or why the war started, details of how or why CA & TX are on the same side, why the US dollar is worthless, but the Canadian dollar is superior... If this was specifically mentioned in the movie, I missed it. 

Those tidbits of info with a dose of narration would have made this a far better film. While war correspondents don't carry weapons, given how crazy America is at that point, being armed would have made sense. The talents of Wagner Moura were wasted and that bummed me out, he was superb and allowed to shine in NARCOS but reduced to amateur dialog in this movie. One last gripe is the music/soundtrack... it's very distracting. 

My favorite moment in the film of "we see this now BUT never again" is Kristen Dunst telling the new girl, get a Kevlar helmet & body armor... you'll never see that helmet again, especially at the end when you would truly need it. 

So yeah, skip this one and give "Rebel Ridge" on NETFLIX a try, by far better or "Fight Night, The Million Dollar Heist" on Peacock. (Peacock is $5.00 a month)