On 6/17/2024 at 11:00 PM, renegadeleader1 said:

Being influential isn't always a good thing. Honestly I'm a little sick of everything being the dark and gritty flawed antihero power corrupts scenario where everyone is a self serving a-hole schtick that Alan Moore created.

I can't help but feel it's about time the pendulum swings the other way and we return to genuinely good people doing good things because they want to, not because they have some secret agenda, are adrenaline addicted kill crazies, or are actually horrible people.

Agree 100%. In a world where everyone seems to be evil nobody is really evil.

7 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

First trailer of new version of first bootleg...

Wasn’t Dafoe already in a Nosferatu movie?

all joking aside, I prefer a more cursed vampire movie over pretty people vampires that have absolutely no consequences for their “curse”.

19 hours ago, Big s said:

Wasn’t Dafoe already in a Nosferatu movie?

all joking aside, I prefer a more cursed vampire movie over pretty people vampires that have absolutely no consequences for their “curse”.

Yep, Shadow of the Vampire from 2001.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I saw multiverse, and I lost interest in even watching the preview 

Doesn't look like it has anything to do with a multiverse. It is literally a movie from one camera, though they do apparently show early history in that spot before the main story starts.

Looks really interesting, almost like an old TV stage show. And dang, he looks almost as young as he was in Splash!

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Doesn't look like it has anything to do with a multiverse. It is literally a movie from one camera, though they do apparently show early history in that spot before the main story starts.

Looks really interesting, almost like an old TV stage show. And dang, he looks almost as young as he was in Splash!

I was joking about the multiverse as it has two of the main stars from Forrest Gump and the same director, lol.

18 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Yeah, gets old af. Same goes with all the f'ing spy flicks on Netflix.

I don't watch many spy movies, as they are not my thing, but the last I watched, Heart of Stone, was pretty good.

On 6/28/2024 at 8:32 PM, Dynaman said:

Direct to Amazon?  Another bad sign.  That and making me think of "Leanord: Part 6" is a bad omen.

But being on Amazon I can watch it without paying anything extra.

Bad sign, just like Coming2America. Also, my subscription to Prime will be cancelled by then too.

On 6/28/2024 at 5:32 PM, Dynaman said:

Direct to Amazon?  Another bad sign.  That and making me think of "Leanord: Part 6" is a bad omen.

But being on Amazon I can watch it without paying anything extra.

Would it have been better if it was Hulu, like a certain other Mel Brooks sequel to a much much older film?

On 7/2/2024 at 6:26 PM, Big s said:

I like Donald Glover, but I’m kinda tired of the unseen alien or whatever apocalypse thing 

Yeah, that gets old really quick. When a gimmick is overused, it sours me like few things can, and I just tune out completely.

Let me know when he pilots the Falcon again.

On 7/2/2024 at 5:26 PM, Big s said:

I like Donald Glover, but I’m kinda tired of the unseen alien or whatever apocalypse thing 

13 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Yeah, that gets old really quick. When a gimmick is overused, it sours me like few things can, and I just tune out completely.

Let me know when he pilots the Falcon again.

I don't know his filmography. Is that a common thing in his movies/music/shows/etc.?