1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hmm... Gladiator II could be a very interesting film indeed.

I remember my Latin teacher had a lot of fun picking the historical inaccuracies (and accurate moments) in the original to pieces in class.

In class?

Now I feel old; I was 26 when that came out! :(

3 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

In class?

Now I feel old; I was 26 when that came out! :(

Yup, in class.  Our Latin teacher had a field day with it (he taught Imperial Roman Latin not Church Latin), and the marching band did a Gladiator-themed show.

(The same teacher, for much the same reason, also screened A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum in class... and at one point also screened a bootleg of Austin Powers in Goldmember because he couldn't be arsed to find a more appropriate movie for the school's fundraising week.)

2 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Rewatched the trailer and WTF is with the modern music? What a poor choice.

That song is totally lame. It just doesn’t work at all here, and probably doesn’t work anywhere.

Yeah, the modern music is definitely in screamingly poor taste for this.

It wouldn't even be good on its own, but attached to a movie set in the Late Roman Empire it's just wildly out of place.  Hopefully it's just for the trailer or maybe the credits and not the actual film proper.

32 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Yeah, no effort to make it look hand drawn at least. That being said... I'd watch an episode of this! LOL

The Saturday morning version definitely looks better. The actual one reminds of those early 2000’s crime scene and accident reenactment visuals 

Having seen the abysmal state hand drawn animation fell in the early eighties I don't bemoan the loss of it.  The Watchman ad looks no different then the movie, since I found the comic a talky bore I can't really compare it to that to see where the difference is either.

37 minutes ago, danth said:

Is nobody talking about Axel Foley or am I just way behind?

Anyway, I watched it, and it's about as good as it could possibly be, considering everyone is 40 years older.

I haven’t seen it yet, but plan to eventually watch the old ones first and then watch the new one

2 hours ago, danth said:

Anyway, I watched it, and it's about as good as it could possibly be, considering everyone is 40 years older.

I posted my opinion of it the other day, personally I loved it. Eddie Murphy and the crew did not disappoint IMO. 

8 hours ago, danth said:

I watched the first 15 minutes. That was enough.

23 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Barbie x David Cronenberg

When they add quotes of unknown "artsy films" inclined reviewers, they already know it's going to be DOA. 

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

When they add quotes of unknown "artsy films" inclined reviewers, they already know it's going to be DOA. 

It’ll be a wait til streaming movie for most 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

BF27AC04-2B3E-4183-8BDF-F0DC9B1C4773.jpeg.0ccdcd3e419f1af93bfd9610f2aec022.jpeg

Shrek 5.

If only three were not so terribly awful I could be excited for this, I don't think I've ever seen four and I forget what it is about.  (no need to remind me everyone!)

5 hours ago, Dynaman said:

If only three were not so terribly awful I could be excited for this, I don't think I've ever seen four and I forget what it is about.  (no need to remind me everyone!)

I didn’t even know there was a 4

On 6/26/2024 at 7:11 AM, TangledThorns said:

Forrest Gump in the multiverse, lol.

I just hope the AI de-aging face will look natural when this gets released.

I didn't know GYMKATA nor watched it before in the 80's. Surprised to find out that our own Tetchie Agbayani was cast as the love interest. Hubba hubba. :wub: 

And that 80's MacGyver hair. Cool! 8)

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn't know GYMKATA nor watched it before in the 80's. Surprised to find out that our own Tetchie Agbayani was cast as the love interest. Hubba hubba. :wub: 

And that 80's MacGyver hair. Cool! 8)

It’s a hilariously bad movie that’s really great if you get a group of friends that like absolute trash movies and some drinks and eats. It makes for one of the best bad movies nights because it’s so ridiculous yet acts so serious