IIRC the Eta Legioss was already re-released once -- were there any improvements when it was reissued?  Like loosening up the shoulders or fixing the joints on the ride armor pilot so it wouldn't fall apart so easily?

Edited by Reni

21 hours ago, MKT said:

Meanwhile, a nice in-hand video on Moshow's Cyclone.

It weights in at a pretty hefty 1.2kg, but the good thing is it’s able to stand on its own in Ride-Armor mode. And though its parts-forming, each part have additional transformation steps on its own to go from one mode to other.

I guess I’m starting to come around to the parts-forming, & the size really gonna have presence.

It’s even cheaper than USD180 in Asia. For eg, in Singapore:

https://www.tfh.com.sg/product-details.php?p=40337

16 hours ago, shazam said:

Firstly I thought the box would be much larger than shown.

box.jpg.8ea259738a7300aba93074bbd48aed67.jpg

I am glad that the box is not oversized and sensibly places all the parts neatly inside.

box1.jpg.f766ca24d17a02f004c5e7704720762d.jpg

I like the use of the magnets in the gun to activate the lights on the Cyclone. I just hope that replacing the batteries with ease of access and does not become a chore. 

lights.jpg.99c25a45321562a4b4591122c6301010.jpg

The figure of Scott has all the cues from a modern Hot Toys die-cast Iron Man figure. The Ride Armor is as heavy as a Hot Toys die-cast figure.

weight.jpg.6d55489b184fc42245456d1457d654c6.jpg

I like the way the pistons move in the legs front and back. 

pistons.png.479a15a3d537e1cf2559ca382e00bb1a.png

The parts attachment from Cyclone to Ride Armor seems simple enough.

frontarmor.jpg.5a59fc542270fd2b8703f835ab7e00bc.jpg

frontarmor1.jpg.c9cfb657ff190b9b5497fa5e3cd93532.jpg

Its only the main body of the Cyclone that does most of the transformation.  

Backplug1.jpg.2228cc94b8aab458172b82f440adeffd.jpgBackplug2.jpg.2183daa356cb60ad67e385ac69b9d927.jpg

Backplug3.jpg.6a625a902affa6b2894e9599cd25359e.jpg

I could not see anywhere in the video where the riders legs clip onto the bike. The foot pegs seem to be in place, but not put into use.

footpegs.jpg.e8e0dd9fc0a473c44ebe48fecaaaad43.jpg
I don't have any issues with the look of the head sculpt for Scott. 

headsculpt.jpg.2761f5150960c497f27cb543d00acee8.jpgfullarmor.jpg.72181a236ba7eab2758e4bf1ae527cff.jpg

I am perfectly happy with pre-ordering this figure. 🤩

Seeing that they decided to do partsforming, I wouldn't mind if they just did the original design rather than redesign Sentinel's version. I really appreciate what MoShow did on its features and gimmicks. I even like the joints added to the thigh side armor for more movement. I don't mind at this point the partsformer feature in exchange of more movement in Ride-Armor mode. It's just that the curved design elements really doesn't do for me. Now how I really wish MoShow should've just use the original Aramaki design. I'm pretty sure a lot of us will prefer that instead even if it's a partsformer figure. ;) 

21 hours ago, MKT said:

Finally!!! :yahoo:

te801.jpg.23971ad0429a2b1f208e18a360d3c461.jpg

te802.jpg.0e9d2493edd65b7b3551e8c4c5159968.jpg

19 hours ago, MKT said:

Couple more images.

Earlier on we speculated that the Legioss forearm slots are possibly where the Tread pegs on to, but looks like that is not the case now.. Are those slots now redundant?  

te803.jpg.d228d2863ed2b1b1b3513c7622543b03.jpg

te804.jpg.47f4e44b8f6ee1f79bf390a148cb4a68.jpg

Good thing it's next years release. Now I have to make room for this big boy on my shelf. The only question now is will I complete the other colors afterwards or just go with Blue. :rolleyes:

Pretty much.  It’s clear where the Legioss is going to connect to the Tread (for the connecting boom at least).  But wonder where the stand connection will be:  on the Tread’s connecting boom or on the back of the Tread itself?

Also, for “gits and shiggles,” I snapped a pic of the Toynami combo from a similar angle as the one done for Sentinel’s rendition:

IMG_7584.jpeg.9dbd57ea0b4bd05eeff04c720009f945.jpeg

Had to wipe off the dust her to make her look a little more presentable. 😅

I'm guessing the top of the main body opens up and it has to flip/rotate around to bring the cockpit out front, swapping it with the blank panel when transformed.  Doesn't look anywhere near as complex as the Legioss, fortunately, but will definitely be fun to see how they do it.

I'm mostly interested in seeing how well the two craft mesh when combined, since it looks like you should be able to slide in the connection arm to snug them up close, but it will depend on whether the arm locks in certain positions.

The Tread-Legioss connection is cool, but it seems odd, at least to me, that more of the rear of the Legioss isn't subsumed by the Tread for a more homogenized craft overall. That's my take as a LEGO mecha builder and just as a longtime mecha fan. Regardless, that's not what the original designers did and the result, a jet perched somewhat precariously on a thin stick in front of a much larger, oddly proportioned, but cool nonetheless, spaceplane is what we have instead. I'm looking forward to both potential Legioss rereleases (I wasn't aware of the first rerelease) and the release of the blue Tread to go with my lone Sentinel Legioss. My Legioss is a first release, and the shoulders are still incredibly stiff; I wouldn't mind adding the green one to my collection, hopefully with looser shoulder joints. I'd be content with a single Tread, as I've never owned one, I'm super impressed with Sentinel's take on the Legioss, and I feel that their take on the Tread will be no less impressive. Not sure where I'll put the big SOB, but I'll make room somewhere for it. 😁

Gonna have to keep posted to this thread for when POs go up- definitely want to score one of these.

Referring to the MoShow ride armors, let me preface by saying I've never been a fan of the design; I far prefer a bike that becomes a mech like the Garland or the MotoSlave over a fragmenting bike that becomes armor for the rider. That said, for what it is, I think the new takes look pretty good. Still not my cuppa, but from an aesthetics POV, I think they look cool. I'd love to see Sentinel take a crack at the MotoSlave. I have Linna and her green MotoSlave (which she never had in the anime, but whatever😄). I missed the boat on initial release; Priss would've been my obvious first choice, but Linna's was within the realm of affordability, so I got her just to have a copy of the Yammie MotoSlave. It's a fickle toy and Linna's arm's pop off at the merest touch. I'd love to see Sentinel do a slightly upscaled, better articulated, and more robust version with far more solid Knight Saber figs. Digits crossed.

Edited by M'Kyuun

9 hours ago, Mog said:

Pretty much.  It’s clear where the Legioss is going to connect to the Tread (for the connecting boom at least).  But wonder where the stand connection will be:  on the Tread’s connecting boom or on the back of the Tread itself?

Also, for “gits and shiggles,” I snapped a pic of the Toynami combo from a similar angle as the one done for Sentinel’s rendition:

IMG_7584.jpeg.9dbd57ea0b4bd05eeff04c720009f945.jpeg

Had to wipe off the dust her to make her look a little more presentable. 😅

Happy sigh.  That's still a mighty pretty sight.

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

After watching that, I don't know if I should be impressed or disappointed about how they engineered the partsformation for this. :unknw:

And I still couldn't help saying to myself "who the hell is that!?" when he lifted up the visor, lol. Reminded me of the headsculpts of the Toynami cyclones I used to have before I went all in on the Sentinel ride armors.

Wow-that (Moshow) is just amazing. Aside from some of the strange proportions like the thighs, it is an amazing engineering feat. Everything moves and turns and pivots and slides.
I don't mind the parts-forming too much if nothing is left over to set aside. So far I just think the back plate cover where you plug in the bike is the only left over part?
Or do you then put that onto the bike somewhere?
Def looking forward to this release, and more in the line. Great job.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's a wonder why these reviewers doesn't use the foot rest.

Screenshot2024-09-18at7_41_55PM.png.e1ef82ef6c97e2de240a266a5912b884.png

Screenshot2024-09-18at7_41_39PM.png.7c0226df99e53de81d8ac45a4b406998.png

The foot rest/pegs seem to be in place and look like they swivel outwards for bike mode and fold in for ride armour mode. I wonder if it is a misstep in the instructions that bypass the use of the foot rest/pegs.

Centur1.jpg.4ccdea85a312e8a2474cefdd7b2876e5.jpg

Edited by shazam

5 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I have Linna and her green MotoSlave (which she never had in the anime, but whatever😄).

As much as it's off-topic here, I can't ignore this:

ScreenShot2023-11-25at9_34_29PM.png.bef4a0b94287e6ddeeb48dd55edc105c.png

It appears in both the first and the fourth Bubblegum Crisis OAVs.

ScreenShot2023-11-25at9_53_12PM.png.a61402fe3ebeb3ad579ca1ff52c807bf.png

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled transforming motorcycles. 😉

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It would be nice if the wheels mechanism can still be rotated towards more to the back of the figure. Right now it feels like the wheels sits too low.

moshow_mospeada_1.jpg.471d5a3b0c3241a3c20d5ee55842da3c.jpg

From the video transformation sequence it doesn't look like there is any mechanism to 'lock' the wheels at any particular angle in Armour mode, so it may be possible to get them a little closer to the body. However,  likely not as close as your 18°. It looks like there will be clearance issues with 'bulk' from other parts. I suspect getting the wheels closer will mean making the horizontal distance  between them wider.

Edited by Chas

Yeah, that what we all seem to be seeing.

A shorter boom is one of the benefits of Sentinel’s design of the Legioss.  Because the Legioss’ feet/boosters collapse so compactly into the rest of the fighter body, you don’t need as a long of a boom to connect the two.

Yes, there have been complaints about the Legioss stand-arm breaking.  But it also gives you a sense of how long the connecting boom will be. . . which is surprisingly shorter than Toynami’s boom.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It would be nice if the wheels mechanism can still be rotated towards more to the back of the figure. Right now it feels like the wheels sits too low.

Agreed.. the wheels also look weird sitting so far out instead closer to the body.

But this pic now brings to mind yet another issue.. Earlier I was rueing Moshow didn't make parts like the arm pieces and hip armors connected (to the backpack) in Ride-Armor mode with option for the joints to be detachable for articulation even if the transformation scheme is parts-forming. The additional issue I'm just realising now is that having every part connected really sells the real robot/mecha idea of what the Ride-Armor is supposed to be - an exoskeleton or powered suit that helps & enhances the wearer's abilities. That's the core fantasy of a powered suit, and I had some kicks how after so many years of seeing it debuting in Mospeada and BGC, we are now seeing real-life implementations of them being in used in certain industries today to augment the wearer mostly in physical tasks.

Once the bike pieces are separated and individually worn on their own like the pic above, they now appear to encumber the wearer instead. So Stick / Scott looks like he's carrying this ginormous weight on his back and might as well be strapping dumbbells on his forearms going into battle.

The only thing that can bring this back to making some sense in this head canon, is that in Moshow's alternate universe Scott isn't wearing individual body armor pieces in his base suit (without the bike), but instead first wearing a complete head to toe powered base suit like Iron Man, to which the bike parts attach to in full Ride-Armor mode. So the red segments, which are cloth in the original show, are now imagined to be metal and the toy's aesthetics actually aligns with this. Likewise the pistons at the legs would be easier to make sense of if he is first wearing a full body powered suit, and the other little touches that Moshow did such as moving panels on the base suit to receive the bike parts feel as cool as they look.  

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

Agreed.. the wheels also look weird sitting so far out instead closer to the body.

But this pic now brings to mind yet another issue.. Earlier I was rueing Moshow didn't make parts like the arm pieces and hip armors connected (to the backpack) in Ride-Armor mode with option for the joints to be detachable for articulation even if the transformation scheme is parts-forming. The additional issue I'm just realising now is that having every part connected really sells the real robot/mecha idea of what the Ride-Armor is supposed to be - an exoskeleton or powered suit that helps & enhances the wearer's abilities. That's the core fantasy of a powered suit, and I had some kicks how after so many years of seeing it debuting in Mospeada and BGC, we are now seeing real-life implementations of them being in used in certain industries today to augment the wearer mostly in physical tasks.

Once the bike pieces are separated and individually worn on their own like the pic above, they now appear to encumber the wearer instead. So Stick / Scott looks like he's carrying this ginormous weight on his back and might as well be strapping dumbbells on his forearms going into battle.

The only thing that can bring this back to making some sense in this head canon, is that in Moshow's alternate universe Scott isn't wearing individual body armor pieces in his base suit (without the bike), but instead first wearing a complete head to toe powered base suit like Iron Man, to which the bike parts attach to in full Ride-Armor mode. So the red segments, which are cloth in the original show, are now imagined to be metal and the toy's aesthetics actually aligns with this. Likewise the pistons at the legs would be easier to make sense of if he is first wearing a full body powered suit, and the other little touches that Moshow did such as moving panels on the base suit to receive the bike parts feel as cool as they look.  

Agreed. The bike now actually feels more like an 'add-on' option parts. Like the Aile/Launcher/Sword Packs to Strike Gundam. Like the Hulkbuster to Iron Man. Like the Strike Packs to VF-1S. And so on. ;) 

Also, I backtracked the prototype photos below from Feb 2023, where the wheels are positioned closer to the back of the rider. So hopefully there's an extra rotation click on the wheel swivel. I'm also attaching here again the one I Photoshopped for comparison.

SxFBSd6F_o.jpg.66ef7c41ee7e3c4636e3fd76466f7293.jpg

UKmDcZCP_o.jpg.d0dca33982604bced208f3a49105e5fd.jpg

E2y1Tgu8_o.jpg.7fb2da5bc34ec952ec6bb10902bd7614.jpg

4 hours ago, Chas said:

From the video transformation sequence it doesn't look like there is any mechanism to 'lock' the wheels at any particular angle in Armour mode, so it may be possible to get them a little closer to the body. However,  likely not as close as your 18°. It looks like there will be clearance issues with 'bulk' from other parts. I suspect getting the wheels closer will mean making the horizontal distance  between them wider.

Correct. Not as close to 18° but hopefully it can still be rotated closer to what they have now. Also, I don't think the wheel rotating bar will hit any 'bulk' parts on the engine. I checked some back shot of it in the videos and the bar still have a lot of clearance to hit anything.

Screenshot2024-09-19at9_38_38AM.png.8c35530aa135825687433696ac9b471a.png

I think that's a pretty good way of viewing the MoShow reinterpretation. It's now an Iron Man suit with a motorcycle and the motorcycle converts to enhance the iron man suit. Sure, I can go with that.

The Sentinel Tread looks to be sneaky complicated with its magically disappearing cockpit and integrated connecting boom. Are they going to pull off the landing gear as an integrated solution also? I'm very curious to see LOTS more of that toy. It looks like it may come with a second set of larger fixed posed hands and an integrated set of hands. I wonder if they won't include a pilot since we should all have the pilot already from our other toys :)

I know the Legioss toys have connecting ports for weapon upgrades.  Maybe after the Tread release they'll sell the parts to make that fantastic Tread art with the missiles since the Tread appears to have hard points (assuming they're functional).