13 hours ago, Mog said:

So, who’s face is that supposed to be, because it don’t look anything like Stig/Scott.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Stig/Stick/Scott in Robotech form. ;)

f7d1be6f-fcfc-4f3b-9f79-056302dc29f0.jpg.9a5c64effd951a2161f3a858ce41c1b0.jpg

Seriously, I was surprised to see how low the price is. But no, still not for me. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, MKT said:

Hmm I guess the wheels are still too low at the shoulders. And the face sculpt looks totally off lol.

But at this price, I’ll likely overlook it. Quite a surprise, because from the first rendered images couple of years ago, they stated the targeted estimated price was USD 220-250.

I wonder if HG gave some significant discount on licensing fee or something.

2 hours ago, enphily said:

Good price but the figure still ugly

Yes the many faces and body types of Stig/Stick/Scott. Compliments to jenius for the photo comparison.

236107-Sentinel-VR-52F-Stick-6.jpg.6996d12ed837d9dea2862333f32dcd5f.jpg

f7d1be6f-fcfc-4f3b-9f79-056302dc29f0.webp.ada44f80b2c754d1c173f6ff8efe46c7.webp

I like this new figure as it reminds me a lot of the Gakken toy which also did not have the best facial sculpt, but still a great toy for the ages.

My favorite figure. I couldn't resist when I saw the BBTS advertisement. Surprised at the price for something that size. We'll see about quality. I missed out on a lot of previous toy line releases and only have some sentinels.

4 hours ago, enphily said:

I pretty much agree. I liked the Riobot versions enough to grab those but this one…… not feeling it. Maybe those Riobots just filled a void for me.  And I guess I also don’t feel the need for any more interpretations of the original Ride Armors

2 hours ago, shazam said:

I like this new figure as it reminds me a lot of the Gakken toy

Gakken is 19.7cm. This new versions rider is showing as 25cm, and 29cm in the armor. That’s pretty big. That’s almost the height size of the SV-51 in battroid. Will be an imposing shelf stealer

Those measurements are wrong. I haven't found accurate ones though. It was much smaller than the pose+ Alpha, not bigger than it. My guess is the same as the Gakken or maybe someone typed 29 when they meant 19.

I really didn’t like the pumpkin heads on the other ones and the odd changes made to modernize them, but strangely these new ones being totally blasphemous in their IronGundamspeada Man look is awkwardly likable. They went so far beyond a basic redesign that if these were for an unrelated franchise, I’d totally be into them. 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Any other place list it yet?

Gundamit has theirs since MoShow announced this. Though there's no price listing yet only deposit amount of $10.

Toynami Shop is also accepting order with $18 deposit for now.

Kicks Generation Toys has it for $175. They're based in Seattle, WA.

Not sure why Crunchyroll hasn't posted theirs yet.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, MKT said:

3D rendered video, but the bigger issue and disappointingly, its a partsformer! Really didn't see that coming, and feel quite blindsided by it. 

That's really disappointing.

It probably doesn't actually matter that much. As much as I LOVE the Sentinel figures, I just use them as display pieces. I think that the B2Five figures can be considered legitimate toys (and partsformers), but other than them, I don't think a single collectible that I've purchased has been anything but a display piece since the Yamato BGC Motoslaves... but still disappointing.

After some breakages and cracks with Sentinel and my old Gakken Mospeada, I think I'm ok with the parts forming. I just want a larger scale version of what I have now at a reasonable price. The parts forming also allows for better articulation so maybe I can pose it and make it look natural and/or stylized. Also, after dealing with many third party masterpiece scale transformers, I don't want to have to deal with using tools to transform and enjoy my toy at this point in my life. 

well at least all the parts seems like are coming from the bike, but yeah I think like everyone is saying that's why it has that price point and as well kind of surprisingly disappointing, probably this is why Moshow took so long to open up the POs for it, they were trying to figure it out how to create a perfect transformation but it seems they couldn't, I just hope it still stays true to the Moshow great quality  and heft that they are known for. 

Here we have the biggest Cyclone / Ride-Armor ever made, has all sorts of added surface details to take advantage of the size, and it's a complete parts-former that would be much more acceptable in tiny renditions like the B2 Fives. I get that it now frees up articulation, but I wonder if they could have at least make those forearm armor & hip pieces connected with option to make them detachable for added articulation, something like the DX VF-1 waist bar. It can certainly be engineered for this size. 

Knowing myself, I'll probably get it eventually for the novelty factor given the price vs size & Moshow's quality factor. It's just leaving a bit of sour taste at the moment, and I'll wait a bit for it to go away lol.

Looking closer at the size now, the question mark now is whether it is really 1/10 as what has been bandied about previously or if the published 29cm total height is correct. Either one is true but it can't be 1/10 and 29cm at same time.

8 minutes ago, MKT said:

Looking closer at the size now, the question mark now is whether it is really 1/10 as what has been bandied about previously or if the published 29cm total height is correct. Either one is true but it can't be 1/10 and 29cm at same time.

If the given measurement on their description is accurate where the rider is at 25cm, and in Ride-Armor form at 29cm, the rider scaling would be somewhere at 1/7.3 and not 1/10.

20 hours ago, MKT said:

3D rendered video, but the bigger issue and disappointingly, its a partsformer! Really didn't see that coming, and feel quite blindsided by it. :wacko:

The transformation animation gives the same vibes as The Centurions cartoon series when the Cyclone forms around the rider.

Edited by shazam

On 9/7/2024 at 5:32 AM, enphily said:

That's putting it nicely! They managed to take a fantastic Aramaki design and butcher it because they have no sense of aesthetics, to say nothing of the figure's ridiculous child-baring hips! A properly proportioned MOSPEADA rider is completely feasible, and I proved it.

IMG_4304.jpg

7 hours ago, captain america said:

That's putting it nicely! They managed to take a fantastic Aramaki design and butcher it because they have no sense of aesthetics, to say nothing of the figure's ridiculous child-baring hips! A properly proportioned MOSPEADA rider is completely feasible, and I proved it.

IMG_4304.jpg

Great looking figure of Scott.

Parts forming vs perfect transformation. I don't mind the parts forming gimmick of this toy. It would of been nice if the Cyclone was fully transformable to fit onto the rider. There is nothing worse than having a perfect transformation toy if it takes you forever to transform the thing. You fight with every twist and turn of moving pieces only to find the end product won't fit together as per instructions. Parts that break under normal usage while transforming the figure. Friction joints that don't lock into place and flop around. There are so many reasons why I don't collect transformable toys including Macross toys as much as I used too. These toys may look great, but they are no joy to handle. 

Edited by shazam

20 hours ago, graphic revolt said:

Well that's off my wish list. Toynami got a hold of 3D printer and never bothered with the engineering dev on their future product, so I guess I'll have to thank Crunchyroll for assembling that Apple-like promo demo non-fomo!

To be clear the YR-052F Cyclone figure was not made by Toynami. It’s created by MoShow Toys.

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

To be clear the YR-052F Cyclone figure was not made by Toynami. It’s created by MoShow Toys.

It’s hard for me to come up with an example that Toynami made on their own. Most were someone else’s product