Off topic from the current discussion being had but HLJ has the Genesis Climber Mospeada Magazine by Hobby Japan up for sale.  

My Riobot VR 041 Blowsperior & Yellow, by Sentinel, arrived from AMIAMI last week.  I missed out on the first release so was thoroughly impressed with the figure after an initial look.  Unfortunately, the swivel joint on the VR 041 still looks like the original plastic to me.  I will transform it over the week and see if it may be an issue..

Finally I got my Mospeada Stick reissue by Sentinel.   I purchased this reissue hoping they fixed the week  swivel joint that tends to crack during transformation (If your not careful).  

The packaging is pretty much the same as the first release except for some added verbiage in English.  To paraphrase, it states that replacement parts are available as long as the parts remain in stock.  I will post pics shortly.     You need to be careful b/c the right leg and left arm kept popping off on mine while posing. 

These were easy to reattach and can be avoided through careful handling.   Not sure if its just my figure but I didn't have this issue with Lance.    I am surprised how simplistic the end of the joints were while parts were detached.

Sorry no pics at this time but will fish out the figs to submit photos.

-Regards

Looks like the wheels are probably mistransformed or wasn't pegged or attached to the back area properly as shown from one angle from this video.

Here it was from an old prototype display showing where the wheels are.

c51908830d.jpg.4e0c602853cc4fd93f396eca9ca2f3fc.jpg

Also, I still wonder what made them decide to change the 'Gundam-ish' feet from the initial design. Looks better IMHO than the one they have now. And shin doesn't have exposed cylinders too.

4b850d02a1.jpg.270cee30c0566971646bfedea288031e.jpg

af7f896537.jpg.c9965a382952b9a8400c21b8c186bee2.jpg

IMG-20220721-WA0016.jpg.17c759e0584942fadf4e6f1f5681a381.jpg

On 7/26/2024 at 12:53 AM, roboemo said:

So today's release date for Genesis Breaker Mospeada.
Anything new other than Hobby Japan website's articles and artworks?

My copy of the new Genesis Breaker MOSPEADA book rolled in today during lunch, so I'll break it down real quick.

The book is 114 pages including:

• 4 pages devoted to the roundtable interview with the creators
  • 2 pages summarizing the timeline
  • 5 pages of character bios (one each for Gate, Every, Eagle, Simmons, and Necessary)
  • 1 page of equipment line art
  • 5 pages of mecha line art broken up into half-page segments for the Bulldog TLEAD, Dropship, Spiteful Legioss, the modernized ship designs, and two pages for the Invit's "Star Ovary" and the twenty or so types of Invit (lettered A-R plus Invit Gate).
  • 5 pages of the 1/12 scale Intruder ride armor model
  • 74 pages devoted to the actual story in twelve chapters
  • 12 pages of new story broken up into 3 new-for-this-book "Special Edition" chapters (X-1 thru X-3) devoted to the fates of the other main characters.
  • 2 pages of glossary/keywords

It looks like the new content to the book is principally the three new Special Edition chapters of the story which comprise pages 100-111.

I admit I haven't been keeping up with this title, so some of what's in there story-wise is definitely a surprise to me.  It looks like the Invit's backstory was completely rewritten to go for more of a darker and edgier cosmic horror angle.  The Izumo's been redesigned to have thirteen synchrotron cannons now... it had just the one in the anime.

15 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

My copy of the new Genesis Breaker MOSPEADA book rolled in today during lunch, so I'll break it down real quick.

• 5 pages of character bios (one each for Gate, Every, Eagle, Simmons, and Necessary)
  • 5 pages of mecha line art broken up into half-page segments for the Bulldog TLEAD, Dropship, Spiteful Legioss, the modernized ship designs, and two pages for the Invit's "Star Ovary" and the twenty or so types of Invit (lettered A-R plus Invit Gate).
  • 12 pages of new story broken up into 3 new-for-this-book "Special Edition" chapters (X-1 thru X-3) devoted to the fates of the other main characters.

It looks like the new content to the book is principally the three new Special Edition chapters of the story which comprise pages 100-111.

I admit I haven't been keeping up with this title, so some of what's in there story-wise is definitely a surprise to me.  It looks like the Invit's backstory was completely rewritten to go for more of a darker and edgier cosmic horror angle.  The Izumo's been redesigned to have thirteen synchrotron cannons now... it had just the one in the anime.

Thanks @Seto Kaiba for the breakdown. :good: 

Any mentions of planned specific future releases from Sentinel? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @Seto Kaiba for the breakdown. :good: 

Any mentions of planned specific future releases from Sentinel? Thanks!

Several toy makers/lines are mentioned in the interview section, but only in a historical context.  Keiichiro Maeno, the toy designer working on the project on behalf of "Lil' Golem", reminisces a bit about having worked on the Beagle MOSPEADA toy line before it went under and moving on to Sentinel's RIOBOT line near the start of the interview section.  I do not see any mentions of new/forthcoming toys, just past releases like the Sentinel/RIOBOT 1/48 Legioss (in passing) and the dedicated spread for the 1/12 scale Intruder Gate ride armor.

10 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Several toy makers/lines are mentioned in the interview section, but only in a historical context.  Keiichiro Maeno, the toy designer working on the project on behalf of "Lil' Golem", reminisces a bit about having worked on the Beagle MOSPEADA toy line before it went under and moving on to Sentinel's RIOBOT line near the start of the interview section.  I do not see any mentions of new/forthcoming toys, just past releases like the Sentinel/RIOBOT 1/48 Legioss (in passing) and the dedicated spread for the 1/12 scale Intruder Gate ride armor.

Thank you sir. :good: 

Forgot to ask earlier that this is purely in Japanese, correct? Esp the interview sections.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Thank you sir. :good: 

Forgot to ask earlier that this is purely in Japanese, correct? Esp the interview sections.

No problem. 👍

Except for certain proper nouns that are consistently written in English and often in all caps (e.g. "GENESIS BREAKER") and the names of various mecha, characters, and chapters which are written both ways, it's pretty much all Japanese yes.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So no art of soldiers, crews, and maybe Jupiter and Saturn Bases?

9 minutes ago, roboemo said:

So no art of soldiers, crews, and maybe Jupiter and Saturn Bases?

Nope.  The book is pretty light on art overall.

Barring, I think, one chapter illustration all of the book's art of soldiers is of the titular "Breakers".

The rest of the book's art is principally their equipment (Riding Suits, Ride Armors, incidental stuff like sidearms and rations), with a little bit on the new Invit designs and a bit on the Genesis Breaker versions of a few key designs from the original series like the IkazuchiIzumo, and Anubis-1 missile.  There is a picture of Mars Base that's used in the book twice, but nothing related to things like ship crews, other bases that existed in the original's backstory, etc.

Like the original series, which focused on the survivors from several different Mars Base units banding together on Earth, Genesis Breaker focuses on a unit of elite intelligence agents from Mars running a mission behind enemy lines to study the Invit.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Nope.  The book is pretty light on art overall.

Barring, I think, one chapter illustration all of the book's art of soldiers is of the titular "Breakers".

The rest of the book's art is principally their equipment (Riding Suits, Ride Armors, incidental stuff like sidearms and rations), with a little bit on the new Invit designs and a bit on the Genesis Breaker versions of a few key designs from the original series like the IkazuchiIzumo, and Anubis-1 missile.  There is a picture of Mars Base that's used in the book twice, but nothing related to things like ship crews, other bases that existed in the original's backstory, etc.

Like the original series, which focused on the survivors from several different Mars Base units banding together on Earth, Genesis Breaker focuses on a unit of elite intelligence agents from Mars running a mission behind enemy lines to study the Invit.

Shame.
Just that the show could have explanation on division colors and uniforms...and even Breakers had stories involving surviving Mars Base soldiers as well.

At least I expected sketch or brief art of them (especially female soldiers).

Edited by roboemo

2 hours ago, roboemo said:

Just that the show could have explanation on division colors and uniforms...and even Breakers had stories involving surviving Mars Base soldiers as well.

To be honest, I don't think I have seen any source for this series attempt to explain the minor variations in uniform colors or trims in any functional or organizational context. 

The only differentiation noted in Genesis Breaker is between infantry and pilots, but even that is strictly textual when talking about the Mars Base plan for retaking Earth.

2 hours ago, roboemo said:

At least I expected sketch or brief art of them (especially female soldiers).

Not sure why you would, the protagonists arguably aren't real soldiers so much as they are borderline secret agents. One of the previous art books even described them as the government's hit men for suppressing dissent.

I'm still waiting for Robotech's ride armor to have the rider mount on the bike. Will it look like the old Gakken where the rider is way oversized for the bike or does Harmony Gold / Toynami / Kitz Concepts whatever this cyclone is cuz it looks like a hodge podge of bits and pieces from here and there and applied over-exaggerated detail that makes the whole bike's appearance way too busy. It looks like a concept design that a student concocted and applied over the Gakken mold. Don't get me wrong, I might purchase one but if the build and finish is not there this will quickly become a one and done!

38 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

To be honest, I don't think I have seen any source for this series attempt to explain the minor variations in uniform colors or trims in any functional or organizational context. 

The only differentiation noted in Genesis Breaker is between infantry and pilots, but even that is strictly textual when talking about the Mars Base plan for retaking Earth.

Not sure why you would, the protagonists arguably aren't real soldiers so much as they are borderline secret agents. One of the previous art books even described them as the government's hit men for suppressing dissent.

Well, they could still be wearing field uniforms (maybe similiar to one Stick wore but with different color or design) and at one point Gate had Mars Base issue t-shirt.

39 minutes ago, graphic revolt said:

I'm still waiting for Robotech's ride armor to have the rider mount on the bike. Will it look like the old Gakken where the rider is way oversized for the bike or does Harmony Gold / Toynami / Kitz Concepts whatever this cyclone is cuz it looks like a hodge podge of bits and pieces from here and there and applied over-exaggerated detail that makes the whole bike's appearance way too busy. It looks like a concept design that a student concocted and applied over the Gakken mold. Don't get me wrong, I might purchase one but if the build and finish is not there this will quickly become a one and done!

Call it the "Moshow Cyclone" as they're the ones behind it and it won't confuse it with previous efforts. I agree... it does seem like that rider might not be very natural on that bike. 

Roboemo, it feels like you're probably as much an authority on the uniforms as any of the show's creators. What I mean is, since we haven't seen something specific in the pretty hefty amount of production materials that are public, they likely never laid out nuances. You could probably outline it all and it would be as close to canon as we'd ever get. 

50 minutes ago, graphic revolt said:

It's hard not to imagine seeing that both rider and bike are bulky. I know they followed Sentinel design where the footrest is way back close to the wheel like Sentinel's Stick/Ley. Which probably helps the illusion that the rider can ride the bike well. The feet is also big so we're not sure if there's clearance from the ground. Here's the previous composed  image from Sentinel and one of the photo from previous events where they showed the rider on the bike.

20240506_085934-scaled.jpg.710bbc12238359703730ef82bf5a2865.jpg.573b9387eec1b9256d1b9de1b526d02a.jpg

47AF7C67-52FD-48F7-820D-3C5B0D768D22.jpeg.2c7bf235bf6f3c7aa4e978f4785b0654.jpeg.d4d8e6e081f8eee00e02a9f110f022ca.jpeg

Also, speaking of footrest, for those who bought Sentinel Ride-Armors reissues, did they moved Stick's & Ley's footrest to where Houquet's/Gate's is?

11037906a6.jpg.8820c39ffd199851e6766c26a58afd9e.jpg

11042734a9.jpg.418eb5052625cf1c8b3c86522c84afee.jpg

11042726a14.jpg.801f7fdc1cfe1a3aaf9af68efabcbca7.jpg

10987796a11.jpg.863601d2ea0000818c03b2860ace0cf6.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos! I must admit, I DO like the newer design, even if I am a bit of a purist. I think they aged the design well as a "next generation" iteration. - MT

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

11037906a6.jpg.8820c39ffd199851e6766c26a58afd9e.jpg

Earlier I was saying Moshow's bike look good, but now seeing this shot of Sentinel Stick's / Ray's bike again, this just look all manner of sleek!

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

10987796a11.jpg.863601d2ea0000818c03b2860ace0cf6.jpg

Gate's bike really turned out better-looking than the illustrations, and so I hope Firefly / Eagle's bike turns out to be the same. But then again, there's just been no progress on that front other than the early CAD renders..

Does the wheel looks mistransformed? Or the figure wasn't posed standing straight? I mean it looks very low now compared to the unpainted prototype.

363866344_244481785076782_6261468904016441875_n.JPG.aa06d53d057b785ea50e64e9f445442e.JPG

Based on this screenshot, the wheel section is where it is against the unpainted prototype above. So it's either mistransformed, or it's just backheavy and the joints cannot handle it without a support like the unpainted prototype.

CNJ2024 MSCy 3.jpg

Also, would be nice to see it displayed with the rider on so. Have a feeling this might end up like a Gakken look with the rider on. 

c51908830d.JPG

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Does the wheel looks mistransformed? Or the figure wasn't posed standing straight? I mean it looks very low now compared to the unpainted prototype.

363866344_244481785076782_6261468904016441875_n.JPG.aa06d53d057b785ea50e64e9f445442e.JPG

Based on this screenshot, the wheel section is where it is against the unpainted prototype above. So it's either mistransformed, or it's just backheavy and the joints cannot handle it without a support like the unpainted prototype.

CNJ2024 MSCy 3.jpg

Also, would be nice to see it displayed with the rider on so. Have a feeling this might end up like a Gakken look with the rider on. 

c51908830d.JPG

To me, the wheels looks both mis-transformed and lower, especially in comparison to the second grey prototype pic you posted. In the grey prototype, the wheels clearly go above the level of where the handlebars are, but in the colored images, even if the wheels tuck in closer to the rider's back, the top level of the wheels doesn't look like it will go higher than the handlebars.

Perhaps there are other unseen mechanisms to allow the whole lower backpack assembly (where the wheels are attached to) to go further up.

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

To me, the wheels looks both mis-transformed and lower, especially in comparison to the second grey prototype pic you posted. In the grey prototype, the wheels clearly go above the level of where the handlebars are, but in the colored images, even if the wheels tuck in closer to the rider's back, the top level of the wheels doesn't look like it will go higher than the handlebars.

Perhaps there are other unseen mechanisms to allow the whole lower backpack assembly (where the wheels are attached to) to go further up.

Hopefully that's the case. :good: 

Also, it's sad to say that everytime I look at it, it's slowly growing on me. And I don't even like the design. If only they kept the feet from their initial design, I'll probably get it and only display it permanently in Ride-Armor. But no. :rolleyes:

Buying it will depend on how much they want for it and the general availability of the toys. If these are ultra expensive, they might not sell well. But put them around the price of the ThreeZero VF-1 Robo-Dou.

Twich

21 hours ago, MKT said:

It seems many exhibitions are happening almost simultaneously worldwide.. From ChinaJoy 2024.

Screen grabs:

CNJ2024MSCy1.jpg.afb52d36eb5b8bbe12d882edca694550.jpg

CNJ2024MSCy2.jpg.55dc7cb899c68159d20455709be06085.jpg

CNJ2024MSCy3.jpg.9b7ffaf437527a80d19b063101e4d0b9.jpg

CNJ2024MSCy4.jpg.706117ed685d8fed9083c16aa96bf801.jpg

On 7/30/2024 at 3:31 AM, no3Ljm said:

Looks like the wheels are probably mistransformed or wasn't pegged or attached to the back area properly as shown from one angle from this video.

Here it was from an old prototype display showing where the wheels are.

c51908830d.jpg.4e0c602853cc4fd93f396eca9ca2f3fc.jpg

Also, I still wonder what made them decide to change the 'Gundam-ish' feet from the initial design. Looks better IMHO than the one they have now. And shin doesn't have exposed cylinders too.

4b850d02a1.jpg.270cee30c0566971646bfedea288031e.jpg

af7f896537.jpg.c9965a382952b9a8400c21b8c186bee2.jpg

IMG-20220721-WA0016.jpg.17c759e0584942fadf4e6f1f5681a381.jpg

It does remind me of the Gakken toys. It looks pretty solid. I wonder if it can support it's own weight in ride armour without the use of a stand.

Edited by shazam

Just Arrived

I don't know why Hobby Link Japan sent the big box for a magazine, but they sent me this box, and when the mail man arrived I wasn't at home. 
I left the package at the bakery because it didn't fit in the mailbox.

I paid for express shipping but I think they overcharged me because of the excessive package =S
Be careful with these people from Hobby Link Japan. was fast but...mmmm the package is excessive
I will upload more pics soon.

image.png.99b3dbfeb4524c0c65695804d98c5dcb.png

image.png.7459aaca3a6a94773a36937bcd15dff3.png

image.png.0b9dbbe2f4efac3a3bcd77a001028703.png

1 hour ago, Perxion said:

Just Arrived

I don't know why Hobby Link Japan sent the big box for a magazine, but they sent me this box, and when the mail man arrived I wasn't at home. 

I paid for express shipping but I think they overcharged me because of the excessive package =S
Be careful with these people from Hobby Link Japan. was fast but...mmmm the package is excessive

I didn't had any problem with HLJ. They're one of the best. Top 3 for me when it comes to buying toys from Japan. I rarely get shipper box from them squased or dented due to lack of padding above the shrink wrapped item. But once in awhile they add those package air bubble/pillow. :good: 

My only guess is that that's probably their smallest box available to use for magazines or any small item. In which they always shrinkwrap to a board. I rather get it like that protected than how Amazon Japan ships their magazines with less protection in a simple padded envelope. If you don't mind getting magazines with corner dents and creases, try Amazon Japan since the shipping is cheaper too. ;) 

1 hour ago, Perxion said:

That's pretty normal for HLJ.  They put more care into their packaging to ensure that goods don't get damaged in transit, so books tend to be shipped shrinkwrapped to a cardboard sheet in a box rather than just stuffed into an envelope.  It's also why they offer a "private warehouse" to hold items for a month or two to allow you to batch items and get the best value out of the shipment cost.

The copy I ordered from HLJ arrived just like yours, shrinkwrapped to cardboard and put into a box with paper wadding.  The one I ordered from CD Japan was just stuffed haphazardly into a bubblepack envelope and shipped as-is.

Thanks for responding friends!

Anyway: the magazine is great, the paper is a very good weight.  Most are in black and white and the information and designs are incredible. The printing is not as high quality as previous editions of Mospeada art books.

image.png.242bd1a729f22c036f2d2230e4c9fc26.png

image.png.08709928579e9451f06d5168cc443090.png

image.png.27cec1633571ed9706928c78484b7d4d.png

Without cover

image.png.f2b8a7d52bd57ae354c202897dee646f.png

The first Genesis breaker you seemed to sell well, I wonder why they haven't announced a second... OR THE TREAD???

Maybe they'll announce reissues of all the Legioss and then do the TREAD.

Edited by jenius

3 hours ago, Perxion said:

Just Arrived

Had a similar shipping experience with just a few decal sets. They’re even thinner than a magazine, but came in a box that was surprising to me. At first I thought I forgot if I had ordered a kit or action figure or something, and it was just a lot of air and the decals shrink wrapped to a flat piece of cardboard. I had a little laugh about it

28 minutes ago, jenius said:

The first Genesis breaker you seemed to sell well, I wonder why they haven't announced a second... OR THE TREAD???

Maybe they'll announce reissues of all the Legioss and then do the TREAD.

I think the Tread is getting closer, cross our fingers

16 minutes ago, Perxion said:

I think the Tread is getting closer, cross our fingers

I don't remember seeing any new updates for Tread earlier this year and during the last WonderFest Summer 2024, let's hope they will show us something during the next WonderFest Winter 2025.