Where is my Tread Sentinel?

I swear, every time I see this tread pop to the top my blood pump skips a beat in the hopes for news on the Tread.

Lol.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:47 PM, Rhubarbarian said:

Don't know if anyone has had this but the connector pin on the display arm for one of my Legioss completely sheared off: image.jpeg.08632514e3249cc81127911258fd51a4.jpeg

I don't think there's any way to get a replacement for it from Sentinel, but it looks like the Archi stands from GokinPlus have a Sentinel adapter that should work? I've been meaning to try out some Archi stands anyways, so I guess this is the thing that pushes me over the edge on ordering some.

My stands will work with Sentinel adapters for legioss for sure.  I don't have the photos right now but some user posted it on FB group for me.

Nice to see more progress on that huge Legioss. Looks like Pose+ has iterated more on it to allow exposed details on certain parts. Still no word on pricing though.

Hey guys. I have a question. Someone posted this on Facebook in one of the comments on the photo posts above. He mentioned that it supposed to be the 'Masterpiece' Cyclone prior of Toynami rebranding the Beagle release. It looks closely to Gakken's proportion but I think it's a transformable one. I can't remember if I already read something about it before or probably forgotten about it since it's been 16 years. Can someone refresh my head about this prototype? Thanks!

Toynami was making their own masterpiece toy but abandoned it when they saw the Beagle and instead made a deal with Beagle to import their toy with a new head as part of their masterpiece line. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Toynami was making their own masterpiece toy but abandoned it when they saw the Beagle and instead made a deal with Beagle to import their toy with a new head as part of their masterpiece line. 

Thanks @jenius! I guess, that's why Scott's head looks familar on that video. I didn't know this prior. Thanks! :drinks:

Any chance you know where I can find some atleast clearer photos of this? I'm curious on the overall form. It really looks close as how 'Cyclone' lineart is. :rolleyes:

I'll check my archives when I get back from SDCC but hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction beforehand. This was 16 (maybe 17) years ago so it may take some dredging!

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'll check my archives when I get back from SDCC but hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction beforehand. This was 16 (maybe 17) years ago so it may take some dredging!

Thank you sir in advance. Really appreciate it. Enjoy this year's SDCC. :good: 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @jenius! I guess, that's why Scott's head looks familar on that video. I didn't know this prior. Thanks! :drinks:

Any chance you know where I can find some atleast clearer photos of this? I'm curious on the overall form. It really looks close as how 'Cyclone' lineart is. :rolleyes:

More prototype pics from 2007:

http://www.toybotstudios.com/2007/08/toynami-masterpiece-cyclone-scott.html?m=1

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

1 hour ago, sjoebarry said:

Thanks @sjoebarry. But this is actually the Toynami rebranded of the Beagle figure which most of us here have. ;) 

40 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Thanks @Ignacio Ocamica! This is the first time I've seen this photos. It has that Gakken and Aoshima kit vibe to it design-wise. As much as I love the Beagle release and the stylized Sentinel release, I'm still looking forward to something that resembles close to the lineart, if not, resembles the old toy styling. Bulky looking but can still be mounted to the bike very nicely and not like Gakken's 1/8 figure.

@jenius has this photo from his Gakken 1/20 Armor Bike review which he uses with CM's Brave Gokin Ride Armor figure. Which I think looks nice together. Has that lineart feel to it. Hope when Sentinel decides to do the classic design, they do something like this. ;) 

Gakken-Non-transformable-bike-mode-9.jpg.d9ed8a5245788ea4c5a191b303bdc30e.jpg

I'm not a toy collector, but they did a cool job super-detailing a lot of things on the Alpha. I was trying to figure out what that green thing is, until I realized its a Cyclone.

Even the GU-13 looks to have energy cells (I think), though it says sabot rounds on the artwork. Cool details because you can pose them open for "maintenance" being done. That's looking like a $300 toy! - MT

Edited by MechTech

I still don't understand what those pistons are doing on the rider's shins. They can't be serving any function in that location,  just looks like pointless detailing that makes no sense.

Edited by Chas

6 hours ago, MechTech said:

Even the GU-13 looks to have energy cells (I think), though it says sabot rounds on the artwork.

Robotech has a lot of weird stuff in its very limited technical material because the main source Harmony Gold tapped for the info was quite literally someone's fan fiction.

In this specific case, the fan group in question was trying to rationalize what they felt was an issue in the depiction of the Legioss's gunpod.  The issue in question being that in one scene in the animation, and several pieces of art like the below cutaway from Genesis Climber MOSPEADA Color Graffiti, the Legioss's 80mm beam gunpod is depicted as having 3 smaller barrels inside its cowling.  That detail, plus a different set of sound effects used for Robotech II: the Sentinels, let them to conclude that there were actually two different but identical-looking gunpods: the beam gunpod and a conventional rotary cannon.

Even though that detail was a complete fabrication by fans with no official basis whatsoever, it stuck around.

043.jpg.99c5fd5751b8e1d0b784bdee7e232f72.jpg

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

Finally some pics of Moshow Cyclone in ride-armor mode:

MSCyclone1.jpg.4ec9f90c82cd3e8359fa58a56bfc2258.jpg

MSCyclone2.jpg.006320cdb2552fff3bf6e52cca636ae3.jpg

MSCyclone3.jpg.b0690615efc8844e4a6479c1a47220be.jpg

MSCyclone4.jpg.fa9e68d8215e55aa0d401b6170fe1475.jpg

MSCyclone5.jpg.1e81e5d7801f0b06ed646d9d25c64a70.jpg

MSCyclone6.jpg.23b97f39fa65ec645940e0c7fc89b55f.jpg

I may be on the unpopular side of the fence, but I'm a fan of it. I know there's lots of talk about the over-engineered looking parts like the shin pistons, but I can see needing something like that to absorb flights, leaps, and falls... especially when it's such a chonk. I imagine some kind of system like that had to exist under the old armor. Then again anime magic, right?

For a heavily re-interpreted item, this Moshow Cyclone has made the transition from grey prototype to colour in both modes much better than say, the Unix Square Transforming VF-1. But the rider itself is the one that looks weird - face, overall body sculpt.

Man, I was all in until those pics.  Unless it's mis-transformed, the wheels and backpack sit way too low on his back for my taste.  It's almost at the waist.  While I personally love all the details and size of this figure, the wheels over the shoulder are an iconic look for me on the Cyclone. Without it, the armor mode just doesn't appeal to me, personally.  That bike mode still looks gorgeous, though.

I'm 1000 percent on board with both the Legioss, Cyclone, and Ride Armor redesigns. But I'm with Chas on that shin piston; not for it's inclusion, but for it's exposure/visibility. I wish they would have designed a removable armor plate that covers that up. You wouldn't want an area that is obviously critical for mobility to be unprotected like that; especially on the front of such a machine designed for aggressive combat...go figure.

I hope they revisit that one area and give it a cover of some sort before this gets released. 

11 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Man, I was all in until those pics.  Unless it's mis-transformed, the wheels and backpack sit way too low on his back for my taste.  It's almost at the waist.  While I personally love all the details and size of this figure, the wheels over the shoulder are an iconic look for me on the Cyclone. Without it, the armor mode just doesn't appeal to me, personally.  That bike mode still looks gorgeous, though.

All facts I cosign mantisfists.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

For a heavily re-interpreted item, this Moshow Cyclone has made the transition from grey prototype to colour in both modes much better than say, the Unix Square Transforming VF-1. But the rider itself is the one that looks weird - face, overall body sculpt.

Crud, now I can't unsee the derpy derp face.