Just now, Mog said:

So, is the bike transformable.  Or just extra parts to add armor to base figure?

It’s moderoid, so more than likely somewhere between the two. Some parts will probably transform and others will probably swap out, but I guess we’ll find out soon

Yeah, that Beta/Tread pic was posted some time ago, I remember because we all pointed out how the wings were installed upside down, the hard points are facing up. 

A shame to think that this may never see the light of day and the MPC will be your only option. I was still hoping for a Sentinel Dark Legioss too. 

9 minutes ago, Mog said:

It’d be nice if all these sketches led to an announcement of the Sentinel Tread being finally released.

Gotta agree there.

if Sentinel is not optimistic of the numbers for standalone release, perhaps they should release it as a set with the Legioss to mebbe get a bit more overall ROI.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Easy mistake since he did so many of the iconic Mecha, including the Legioss. The Tread was a late addition to appease the sponsor. I wonder if the Legioss design might have been a little different if it was planned from the beginning to have a Tread.

At the very least, the way they connected wouldn't have been so janky.

Catching up on this thread, really excited for the Moderoid Ride Armors.

Moderoid kits have been absolute fire lately. I've gotten their entire patlabor line as well as the Megazone 23 garland, Orguss Orgoroid and two Aestavalis kits and have liked every single one of them. Their quality about the same as Kotobukiya but they also use a softer plastic which is super easy to clean with a sharp knife.

I hope the scale is something standard like 1/12

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Catching up on this thread, really excited for the Moderoid Ride Armors.

Moderoid kits have been absolute fire lately. I've gotten their entire patlabor line as well as the Megazone 23 garland, Orguss Orgoroid and two Aestavalis kits and have liked every single one of them. Their quality about the same as Kotobukiya but they also use a softer plastic which is super easy to clean with a sharp knife.

I hope the scale is something standard like 1/12

I’m with you on the moderoid kits. Love obsolete and all the attention they give Patlabor. I’m hoping the same attention goes to Mospeada. Not sure if it’s non scale or 1-12 though, I guess we’ll be finding out soon 

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

At the very least, the way they connected wouldn't have been so janky.

Exactly; the overall connection would have been much better. As it stands, I'm not a big fan of the Tread overall to begin with. Doesn't look like it can do much in Soldier mode other than stand there ans shoot missiles, TBH.

I've always enjoyed the Tread (and still have my fingers crossed for the Sentinel). It just looks like it can take a punch (and deliver one). The only thing that kept it from being one of my favorites was how clunky it looked without the Legioss in bomber mode. If it were redesigned more in the vein of a B2 bomber (which debuted like 6 years after Mospeada was made), that could have been epic.

If Sentinel can just remove a lot of that gappy-ness the Toynami Beta has in bomber mode, integrate a full size cockpit for the transformation process, make the connections (PLURAL) more solid with the Legioss, and toss in some nice weapon accessories, it’ll be a bloody home run.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

I've always enjoyed the Tread (and still have my fingers crossed for the Sentinel). It just looks like it can take a punch (and deliver one). The only thing that kept it from being one of my favorites was how clunky it looked without the Legioss in bomber mode. If it were redesigned more in the vein of a B2 bomber (which debuted like 6 years after Mospeada was made), that could have been epic.

I was just thinking the Buldog might look like a stealth bomber. From this angle it looks somewhat like a flying wing design..

111_bk.jpg.be6b575132cbcbcd66dd153c7dcd5739.jpg.2847611d6538b6640c595a91ffe7e21b.jpg