It's odd, I could have sworn I saw a scale chart where the vf-1 actually comes all the way up to the "eye" of the regult. If that's accurate, then the 3 zero seems to be best scaled to the KC regult.  That being said I do think the 1/72 stuff does look more right.  I think hmr scales best with the hmr regult rather than this one but everyone has their own "head canon" for what's "right" or 'wrong".

23 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

...everyone has their own "head canon" for what's "right" or 'wrong".

It doesn't help when the "official" measurements do not coincide with the art from the original creators...

Personally....in universe....it makes no sense to have spent all the time and money to develop a "battroid" that was only going to be the same size as the potential alien invaders...

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It doesn't help when the "official" measurements do not coincide with the art from the original creators...

Personally....in universe....it makes no sense to have spent all the time and money to develop a "battroid" that was only going to be the same size as the potential alien invaders...

Yeah, it presents problems for potential smoke breaks and sharing jackets.

in actual scale, the vf-1 pilot would be getting asked for a light and he’d say something like “Here you go little guy”

or max stealing that jacket and wishing he hadn’t just kicked a toddler in the gut to take his clothes that don’t even fit

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Yeah, it presents problems for potential smoke breaks and sharing jackets.

in actual scale, the vf-1 pilot would be getting asked for a light and he’d say something like “Here you go little guy”

or max stealing that jacket and wishing he hadn’t just kicked a toddler in the gut to take his clothes that don’t even fit

Yeah....as @Mechapilot77 alluded to...the only way to make it work is to apply your own head canon...

My head canon involves the existence of several types/sizes of Zentran/Meltran that were engineered by the Protoculture for whatever task needed to be filled....Officers and soldiers being of different sizes are already portrayed in the show....so I'll stick to that idea for the reason why a Regult "pilot" would be smaller than a Boddole Zer or Britai...you don't need these guys piloting Regults....but their intimidating size would help them appear superior to the rank and file under them...

Besides that....a diminutive VF-1 just looks ridiculous next to a towering Regult....as I said earlier..in-universe....mankind seems to have had tons of data on what they were up against....it makes no sense to have purposefully developed the VF-1 to be physically dwarfed by an already potentially superior alien adversary....regardless of these inconsistencies SDFM TV still rules after all these years....no Macross sequel or prequel has yet to surpass it's originality.....imo the further it gets away from the original story, the worse Macross gets....

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

My head canon involves the existence of several types/sizes of Zentran/Meltran that were engineered by the Protoculture for whatever task needed to be filled....Officers and soldiers being of different sizes are already portrayed in the show....so I'll stick to that idea for the reason why a Regult "pilot" would be smaller than a Boddole Zer or Britai...you don't need these guys piloting Regults....but their intimidating size would help them appear superior to the rank and file under them...

I like that idea except that somehow magically one of the pilots gets out of a regult in one of the first episodes and dies in front oh Hikaru. It’s definitely too big for the regult and sized pretty well to a vf-1.

11 minutes ago, Big s said:

I like that idea except that somehow magically animagically one of the pilots gets out of a regult in one of the first episodes and dies in front oh Hikaru. It’s definitely too big for the regult and sized pretty well to a vf-1.

Fixed!

LOL...keep in mind that according to Kawamori, more or less, none of it is canon....so the TV show could just be a dramatization of historical/physical reality....so possibly the Zentran 'CGI'd' for that scene and several others was done for 'shock value'.....

What's in your head canon?....:crazy:

26 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Fixed!

LOL...keep in mind that according to Kawamori, more or less, none of it is canon....so the TV show could just be a dramatization of historical/physical reality....so possibly the Zentran 'CGI'd' for that scene and several others was done for 'shock value'.....

What's in your head canon?....:crazy:

I like that term “Animagically”

1 minute ago, jenius said:

For dramatic purposes, especially in light of how Hikaru would feel as things unfolded, it makes sense in this TV dramatization of 'real life' events, the pilot would be portrayed as being huge.

I’d like to see the explanation for the jacket scene

You mean when Max is dressed like a Zentran guard? Maybe the Zentran have a 'guard' class of huge Zentran to man the brig? More likely, that stuff was all made up by the TV show producers because them escaping by being tiny and fitting through cracks in a poorly maintained ship wasn't exciting enough.

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

You mean when Max is dressed like a Zentran guard? Maybe the Zentran have a 'guard' class of huge Zentran to man the brig? More likely, that stuff was all made up by the TV show producers because them escaping by being tiny and fitting through cracks in a poorly maintained ship wasn't exciting enough.

I don’t even know if that guy was a guard. He might’ve just been cold because the heater wasn’t working right and nobody had heating/air conditioning skills on board. Honestly, I don’t exactly know what that guy is assigned to do. I don’t even know if they have a brig or if they just shrink the trouble makers down and stuff em in a drawer of fishbowl for a while. 

Just when you think you are getting close to answering one of the many Macross questions, more pop up

Does anyone who got the KC pod have an Hi Metal regult too? I’m interested to see how they compare side-by-side. I know that the HMR is like six cm shorter? But it’s hard to picture that. Trying to decide which one I should get. I like the size of the KC so it would look ok next to my Arcadia Valkyries, but prefer the non-shiny finish of the HMR though I’d probably have to get some HMR Valkyries to display it with so the pod isn’t dwarfed. 

Edited by grundee

1 hour ago, grundee said:

Does anyone who got the KC pod have an Hi Metal regult too? I’m interested to see how they compare side-by-side. I know that the HMR is like six cm shorter? But it’s hard to picture that. Trying to decide which one I should get. I like the size of the KC so it would look ok next to my Arcadia Valkyries, but prefer the non-shiny finish of the HMR though I’d probably have to get some HMR Valkyries to display it with so the pod isn’t dwarfed. 

This was from a few pages back..

714C430D-D052-44D1-8196-F5628A773A11.jpeg.98f5685314a556cf505af2bb4770548f.jpeg.f2df0814e075fa1c025c884496957043.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Nice comparison to the Hi Metal R regults.     I need to dig mine out and compare.       I am enjoying the KC version,  might be one of their best releases outside of the SD stuff..  obviously.. ;)

They can definitely do a better non-transforming Macross mech than a transforming one....I think they can do an excellent job on the Destroids and Glaug they have teased