I think this picture is pretty much KC telling us that there is no way their 6' figures will fit into their '1/72' Regult...especially an armor wearing fig like a Zentran pilot....we'll find out soon enough I suppose....

652131A0-7336-4B21-8F61-CFBD27A7BEE5.jpeg

I think this was the first video KC posted showing the Gluu-Ger prototype figs...there were 2 different sizes...perhaps they will release both....I can't see how they would be able to fit a 6 in fig into that cockpit even if it were a static fig....

I've still had zero luck getting in touch with customer service to update my invoice and reissue it... But since they didn't seem to be shipping to the masses yet, I'm not too concerned.

18 minutes ago, jenius said:

I've still had zero luck getting in touch with customer service to update my invoice and reissue it... But since they didn't seem to be shipping to the masses yet, I'm not too concerned.

Have you tried FB?   I got a response to at least 1 of my question via that route.

KC's customer service was too good to last...when there was a problem you would at least know they had your back....these days I am not feeling too confident that they would acknowledge a parts or damage claim since they no longer seem to respond to simple requests for info...

On 11/15/2023 at 5:11 PM, MKT said:

I can only think that figures like Dana, Battlepod & the VF-1 Armored add-on have received only very little PO quantities, so notwithstanding KC having their own factory, they are unwilling to go ahead with their internally costed minimum production numbers they have set to avoid tying funds & saddling themselves with stock afterwards. They are probably just wanting to slowly eke more PO's up to an acceptable number before production actually begins. How else can they be soooo far off targeted release date with umpteenth delays? Still, for better or worse at least they continue to iterate & improve on the prototypes whilst waiting for these PO numbers.

VF-1 releases seem to be more consistent in meeting promised dates, and as we have seen, they sometimes even produce variants before opening PO's for them. I guess having the valks painted means it's easier to commit a base molding run then spread them out across the different paint variants. This is why we see KC opening PO's for new variants when they haven't sent out previous VF-1 orders yet - they just want to get as much total VF-1 orders as possible before they start producing.   

I used to compose different articles often, and if didn't have time  was always helped by professional writers. I found nursing writing help and they have helped me out more than once.

I agree, unfortunately we didn't get enough. 

Edited by Desser

Considering that they asked for final payment back in June, I think it might be too late by now and doesn't accomplish much other than guaranteeing a loss of the downpayment (which is nearly 2/3 the total), but has anyone else considered reporting KC to Paypal for taking our money for a final product and never actually sending anything?

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I stopped preordering from them entirely and am letting my existing ones ride and hoping for the best. They must be very close on the battlepods if some finished ones have tricked out.

Thankfully, everything I preordered with them has been delivered but the humongous wait for the Dana figure soured me to ever paying upfront, partial or full payment, ever again; if/when they announce something of interest to me and I feel the urge to place a preorder, I'll go through BBTS or elsewhere... if it's delayed indefinitely, they completely flake out or just go under, it won't matter.

Even though they have never cancelled anything & eventually delivered their products after massive, world-changing delays, I think no one will believe their targeted release dates anymore if they solicit for new orders on anything. 

As of now....I have all regult variations on PO....the Hikaru GBP....and the Arcade Set w/Milia.....going to be a long wait to get all these POs fullfilled....but as other have already stated....PO-ing anything else from them is no longer an option for me....the first thing that came up that I skipped on po-ing was the Focker GBP armor....

And recently they threatened to go the Kickstarter route for the Destroids and Glaug.....why?  They claim to own their own production facility now...they can produce based on deposits-po's made...if they get enough they proceed......oh wait....they abused that process and can no longer rely on it...not sure how a Kickstarter would be any different...it probably would be worse...

Exactly, they've sullied the whole preorder deposit model with their optimistic timeframes, it doesn't matter which platform they do it on. The delays on the battlepod after making it seem like they were just about to ship is a whole new level of messing this up. I skipped the Arcade set because they didn't have a Milia prototype to show so it meant it was more than a year out... no thanks. I thought the GBPs were nearly ready to ship so the repaints would be quick... my bad on those.

Yeah their 'own factory' thing now seems suspect, given the miniscule output we are seeing. I suspect KC is now only 2 people running it - Cyrus and the admin lady who also runs the mini-physical store they have in HK. 

With this size, this actually immediately calls to mind Ramen Toys / Calibre Wings, which are also only Noel & his assistant. There are also constant delays with their products, but the difference is, with Noel he posts continual updates and is pretty much transparent on what he is working on all the time. For a casual collector, it may seem there's little news from the company, but the information & updates are all there on their social media channel which may be a bit of a slog to go through if one hasn't touched base in a while, but it is there. 

In other words:

"We knew our product would be criticized in the English-speaking world because of the missing pilot figure, and because you Macross fans always complain about QC, so we decided to sell as many as we could locally before our international customers trash its reputation on social media."

Hollywood executives often decide not to screen films in advance for critics for the same reason. 😒

14 hours ago, tekering said:

In other words:

"We knew our product would be criticized in the English-speaking world because of the missing pilot figure, and because you Macross fans always complain about QC, so we decided to sell as many as we could locally before our international customers trash its reputation on social media."

Hollywood executives often decide not to screen films in advance for critics for the same reason. 😒

Yeah its pretty sus.     At this point I am hoping I get my pre-orders.. then I am done with KC.

28 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Yeah its pretty sus.     At this point I am hoping I get my pre-orders.. then I am done with KC.

Definitely not placing any additional pre-orders....

I am still looking forward to the Regults....they look good from the few pics that have been posted...

They are definitely running out of "canon" paint schemes....so they may be reaching their end anyway....at this point I do not see them doing a VF-1D...maybe they can finally release the Alaska base VF-1's before they bow out....

I never ordered any valks because I thought the legs looked too skinny, weren't well reviewed, and seemed kinda cheap.  Plus they were an odd scale that didn't mesh with pretty much any other toys.  But I was really hoping for more figures since they seem to be the only ones making them for SDFM.  I hope they don't flake on the Max figure before they go under.  If they make any others, I'll buy them, but not directly.  A Claudia (with pineapple salad), Kakizaki (with large steak), and/or Milia (with baby Komilia) figures would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

New Regult video posted to the KC FB page....

https://m.facebook.com/kitzconcept/

...and some obvious Mr. K style teases....at this point KC should just focus on getting the Regults and Zentran pilots shipped...

Anyone find an actual "review" of the Regult from the alleged Chinese release?

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Without going back through and reading this entire thread, how are the Kitzconcept figures? Is this worth it?

If you are someone that likes to admire your Macross toys on a shelf or display cabinet...they don't look too bad from afar....if you like to transform them often, then look elsewhere....they are on the delicate side....for me, I like them enough to collect canon schemes....the "jetfire" looks good but there are fitment issues in fighter mode, which is the weakest mode on all of KC's VF-1's...especially when mounted with Super Packs...at least after the lone VF-1J V 2.0 release....the hope, at least for me, was to also have Enemy Mecha, Destroids, and Zentradi figures from their 6" line to compliment their VF's at their scale....but that hope seems to be diminishing fast....

22 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

If you are someone that likes to admire your Macross toys on a shelf or display cabinet...they don't look too bad from afar....if you like to transform them often, then look elsewhere....they are on the delicate side....for me, I like them enough to collect canon schemes....the "jetfire" looks good but there are fitment issues in fighter mode, which is the weakest mode on all of KC's VF-1's...especially when mounted with Super Packs...at least after the lone VF-1J V 2.0 release....the hope, at least for me, was to also have Enemy Mecha, Destroids, and Zentradi figures from their 6" line to compliment their VF's at their scale....but that hope seems to be diminishing fast....

Thanks, I thought it might be an interesting piece to compare to the Fugu Jetfire, but it sounds like I really wouldn't enjoy it. 

45 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Thanks, I thought it might be an interesting piece to compare to the Fugu Jetfire, but it sounds like I really wouldn't enjoy it. 

If the Fugu Jetfire is anything like other KO 1\60 VFs....then yes....you would be dissapointed....I have a KO 1\60 SSP VF-1S and IMO it is better than a "legit" 1\72 KC VF-1.....with that said...if you just wanted to have both on a static display as a testament to the audacity of KO purveyors these days...it would be a fun display....

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

For me, the existence of the Fugu version stopped me from buying the KC option, since I've never cared for how their 1/72 looks in fighter mode.

I imagine a lot of us made the same decision, myself included.  Even at 40% off, the Fugu was still the superior option.

4 hours ago, mantisfists said:

I just got a shipping notification for my battle pods.  Only a few more months before I have them in hand.

Same....although I have not seen any pics of the Zentran pilot....I guess there is not much one can do with these POs at this point...I did reply asking about the figures, not sure if they will respond with anything before shipping them out.....I'll have mine soon