4 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

The story is based on two in-universe "histories" and snippets of things in the Ice & Fire novels. The story as we know it isn't considered to be something that can be trusted as accurate. 

3 hours ago, azrael said:

Martin likes to use the concept of the "unreliable narrator". What is in the books, what happens on screen, 2 versions of the same story because it isn't told by the people who performed the deed but by people who were 3rd party witnesses, hearsay, with a touch of embellishment from the writer.

understood, but the end results cannot be different....for example...if a specific character dies....how can he/she be both dead and alive....I guess what I am trying to say is that in the end, based on what has been written, their clearly is a side that 'wins'...regardless of what happens before 'they' get to sit on the Iron Throne

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

understood, but the end results cannot be different....for example...if a specific character dies....how can he/she be both dead and alive....I guess what I am trying to say is that in the end, based on what has been written, their clearly is a side that 'wins'...regardless of what happens before 'they' get to sit on the Iron Throne

The results are the same because those events are, essentially milestones. The devil as they say, is in the details. Luke and Arrax dying over Shipbreaker Bay when Aemond and Vhagar attacked them doesn't change. How the attack started and what led up to Luke and Arrax's deaths are subject to eyewitnesses and colorful writing of the author. The duel of the Cargyll twins is a milestone event, but again the details are a bit, fuzzy.

As @Duke Togo says

Spoiler

Daemon mumbling about taking the crown for himself instead of for Rhaeynra might have happened. The details are kinda fuzzy as history records Daemon taking Harrenhal uneventfully and raising the Blacks' forces in the Riverlands. They mention nothing about his grumblings. He later abandons Harrenhal when the Greens march on Harrenhal and meets up with Rhaeynra at the fall of King's Landing. Did he head there because he decided to take the crown for himself or because he knew he would not be able to fend of the attack from the Greens? 🤷‍♂️ Whose to say?

When I talk about Jace dying at the Battle of the Gullet, that happens and nothing about that will change. (again, even I don't say how he dies, just that he does.)

Book spoilers:

Spoiler

so, we have signs of Sheepstealer, but where's Nettles? We've met the other Dragonseeds, but oddly not her.

Edit: Daemon's story arc this season makes sense to me after this episode. I see where they're going with it.

Edited by Duke Togo

1 hour ago, Duke Togo said:

Book spoilers:

Hide contents

so, we have signs of Sheepstealer, but where's Nettles? We've met the other Dragonseeds, but oddly not her.

Edit: Daemon's story arc this season makes sense to me after this episode. I see where they're going with it.

Can you explain what's happening with Daemon, I have some thoughts, but a little clarity would be great. Does the Weirwood tree have something to do with it?

4 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Book spoilers:

Hide contents

I did not...

Spoiler

...hear of any actors being cast in the role but there are a few actors cast in unknown roles. Seeing that they only got 1 dragonseed, they may be saving that role for someone next season or it won't be revealed until the very end of this season.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Does the Weirwood tree have something to do with it?

If I'm following Duke's line of thought with Daemon, no.

The show had to come up with something for Daemon to do while at Harrenhall, since there's very little written about it. So, they've had Daemon working through his demons while there, with some witchy help from Alys. 

I suspect that

Spoiler

these dreams of his will help bring him back into the fold.

So, reading up:

Spoiler

Is Alys a wild agent of chaos, considering she gets with Aemond later?

Is she just messing with Daemon, or is she actually helping him? 🤷🏽‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Mog said:

So, reading up:

Hide contents

Is Alys a wild agent of chaos, considering she gets with Aemond later?

Is she just messing with Daemon, or is she actually helping him? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Book spoilers:

Spoiler

Given where her story goes, I'd say Alys's ultimate goal is power for herself. The chaos that comes out of her influence is a ladder for her to climb, to steal from Littlefinger.

As for Nettles, the buzz online is that Rhaena could  be filling that role, which, I certainly hope not in the same way. That would be a bridge too far, I think.

Just now, azrael said:
  Hide contents

If Rhaena isn't taking Nettles place, I think they are saving Nettles for next season.

Book spoilers:

Spoiler

Here's the thing, Az: Sheepstealer should not be in the Vale at this point in the story. That's the end of his and Nettle's story, not the beginning. It feels like he's there for Rhaena.

This was a really good episode and I'm not ready for this season to end next week. 

Without going into spoilers, season 3 looks to be jam-packed with major events. I can't even imagine how they're going to budget all of that.

Based on the episode preview, we're  clearly getting a battle. And I'm thinking had they gone 10 episodes we could have gotten the one to follow, and started the 3rd season with a big bang.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Keep your eyes up people, the finale episode has leaked online as of this morning, people are posting clips all over the internet. 

Looks like there was a partial leak on TikTok. About a half-hour's worth of footage. It's since been taken down, but obviously some stuff floating out there.

Well, that's is totally not how I thought this season was going to end.

Book spoilers

Spoiler

I thought for sure we'd be getting the Battle of the Gullet. Everything looked to be set up for it. Man, season 3 just looks to be total war from start to finish.

3 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

Well, that's is totally not how I thought this season was going to end.

Book spoilers

Hide contents

I thought for sure we'd be getting the Battle of the Gullet. Everything looked to be set up for it. Man, season 3 just looks to be total war from start to finish.

Spoiler

I hope season 3 is total war, tonight was a bit slow but a good build up for the next season, all the chess pieces seem to be lined up now.

I was taken back by Daemon, is he truly loyal to Rhaenyra now? 

And finally, what was with the vision of the 3-Eyed Raven, White Walkers & what clearly looked like Daenerys & her Dragons? 

17 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:
  Hide contents

I hope season 3 is total war, tonight was a bit slow but a good build up for the next season, all the chess pieces seem to be lined up now.

I was taken back by Daemon, is he truly loyal to Rhaenyra now? 

And finally, what was with the vision of the 3-Eyed Raven, White Walkers & what clearly looked like Daenerys & her Dragons? 

Spoiler

He was experiencing a dream of the Song of Ice and Fire. And we got to see the real Three-Eyed Crow: Brynden Rivers, the Bloodraven!

Spoiler

All those weird happenings at Harrenhal messed with Daemon, but it forced him to realize exactly why he wasn’t picked to be the heir.  Like Duke Togo said, the visions gave him glimpses of the future and showed him that Rhaenyra sitting on the Iron Throne (and not him) is part of that future.

Regarding Season 3, hopefully it is an all-out war.

Wonder what the hell happened to Otto.

And wonder if they’ll start to show Rhaenyra breaking bad next season or at least show some cracks.

Spoiler

Season 3 is gonna be expensive if they go total war next season.

Maybe this is why this season got shortened. It was all a buildup for Season 3.

14 minutes ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

Wonder what the hell happened to Otto.

And wonder if they’ll start to show Rhaenyra breaking bad next season or at least show some cracks.

Spoiler

Otto stayed in King's Landing after he was removed as Hand. It doesn't really say what he was doing after he was removed but the next time we see him will be when he loses his head.

We probably will see her slowly start to lose it. Viserys essentially disappears from the story at the Battle of the Gullet and doesn't come back until Aegon The Younger becomes ruler. Jace is suppose to die when responding to the Battle of the Gullet-events. And when Rhaenyra's reign begins, the Greens dealt her a bad hand since they emptied the Crown's gold (which Larys Strong mentioned in this episode) so her reign starts on a bad foot already. It all went down hill from there.

Well, now I know why season 2 of HotD ended like it did: HBO cut it from 10 episodes to 8 before shooting began. Likely would have gotten what I was originally expecting had it gone 10.

1 hour ago, Duke Togo said:

Well, now I know why season 2 of HotD ended like it did: HBO cut it from 10 episodes to 8 before shooting began. Likely would have gotten what I was originally expecting had it gone 10.

The "official" reason it was done to start season 3 with a bang. But I remain convinced it was due to WB need to spread costs between the seasons while still recovering from the strike. 

Spoiler

The closing of this episode so feels like a last minute montage of marketing material quickly edited together. 

16 hours ago, Duke Togo said:
  Hide contents

He was experiencing a dream of the Song of Ice and Fire. And we got to see the real Three-Eyed Crow: Brynden Rivers, the Bloodraven!

Thanks @Duke Togo, I wasn't exactly sure what was happening at that moment, makes sense now. B))

House of Dragons will end with a fourth Season now.

Either they figured how to milk in lot more episodes, or need to split the last intended season into 2 due to scheduling / costs? 

Two more seasons?

I haven't read any books about this story but it felt like they could have wrapped up the entire series with just 2 to 3 more episodes. 

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Two more seasons?

I haven't read any books about this story but it felt like they could have wrapped up the entire series with just 2 to 3 more episodes. 

Season 2 needed another 2 more episodes. Most of this season was setup for the next sequence of events and it's going to be very war-heavy on the front end of season 3. There will likely be some glossing over other battles in the show to get things moving.

So, Season 3 will be rise, then God’s Eye?

And Season 4 will be downfall, return, and the close and epilogue to the Dance?

Seems to be the most logical set-up from my limited knowledge of the books and for the actors/characters they’d like to hang around.

10 minutes ago, Mog said:

Seems to be the most logical set-up from my limited knowledge of the books and for the actors/characters they’d like to hang around.

I wish I could say yes but even my expectation of where to end off season 2 didn't come to fruition.

It's going to depend on the budget they're given, I'd guess. Funny how GoT all but had a blank check from HBO. But hey, different people running the company then.

It's funny, because years from now when people are either rewatching the show or working through it fresh, the season ending where it did won't even register. 

4 hours ago, Mog said:

IMO, I believe what was shown in S2 could have been condensed in 6 episodes, and left the remaining 2 for the finale, and then S3 to wrap up the story. 

Pour one out for (book spoilers)

Spoiler

The Battle of the Gullet

which would have aired tonight had HBO not cut the episode count.

Edited by Duke Togo