3 minutes ago, Mog said:

Even though I read what happens in the books. . . Eff the Greens!

😬

Yeah, I chose not to post the Green trailer. Up with the Blacks, down with the Greens.

At least, there’s a book ending we can all compare it to.

So, if it enhances the story and adds more depth, awesome.  But if it strays too far off, then we can scream bloody hell murder and dracarys the whole lot of them.

1 hour ago, Duke Togo said:

Yeah, I chose not to post the Green trailer. Up with the Blacks, down with the Greens.

House of the Dragon's channel combined the Green and Black trailers. HBO Max's channel split the trailer into "Green"and the "Black" trailers.

Spoiler

Part of me suspects they'll end the season on the Battle Above Gods Eye. Seems like a good spot to end the season.

7 minutes ago, azrael said:

House of the Dragon's channel combined the Green and Black trailers. HBO Max's channel split the trailer into "Green"and the "Black" trailers.

Hide contents

Part of me suspects they'll end the season on the Battle Above Gods Eye. Seems like a good spot to end the season.

Spoiler

You don't think it's too early for that? I was thinking season 3.

25 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:
  Hide contents

You don't think it's too early for that? I was thinking season 3.

Possibly. Depends how they play out all the battles this season.

Spoiler

The only other stop point I can see is the Fall of King's Landing.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Watching the new trailer I am left wondering if this is moving faster than I thought it was. 

Hence my post.

Spoiler

The season finale will either end on the Fall of King's Landing or the Battle Above Gods Eye.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wanted to but just barely winding down the Father's Day festivities...so going to postpone watching until tomorrow....any good?

Off to a good start, it appears to pick up pretty much right where season 1 ended. It's good to see familiar locations again, I'm looking forward to next Sunday. B))

36 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wanted to but just barely winding down the Father's Day festivities...so going to postpone watching until tomorrow....any good?

Same here. Will watch it this week for sure. 

Non-spoiler comments.

I thought next week would be where the events of this episode's ending were going to take place.
I guess next week will be...

Spoiler

(the very short and uneventful) Assault on Harrehal, the civil war in the Riverlands, the removal of Otto Hightower as Hand, and maybe the duel of the Twins.

So, I read up on books vs show differences for this week’s ep.

Spoiler

Sounds like the book version is pretty brutal and puts Helaena into a far worse scenario.

And as if my “Eff the Greens” stance needed more incentive, you got Ser Cole being one of the biggest hypocrites ever with his, ahem, “encounters” with the Queen Mum.

Thought this was an excellent start to the second season. And I much prefer the new opening over the one used in season one, which I always found hard to follow.

Really solid second episode, with some real excitement at the end.

I haven't reread Fire & Blood or The World of Ice & Fire in a long while, so I'm enjoying being surprised by things I only half remember, at best.

I liked that ending...

Spoiler

a real emotional Brother vs Brother fight unlike the last one. 

Harrenhal, war the in the Riverlands and lots of lords losing their heads coming up.

During...

Spoiler

...the funeral procession...I was actually thinking that the show was going to 'go there'....referring to the scene where the horse drawn casket gets 'stuck' and the camera kept switching between the baby with it's head sewn getting shaken about and the mother having a nervous breakdown....glad they didn't...it would have been too much...

Episode 3, the show continues to fire on all cylinders this season. If I had one complaint this episode, it's that

Spoiler

I don't buy Rhaenyra being able to sneak into the sept to meet with Allicent; however, the scene was so good I didn't mind the need to suspend my disbelief.

Posted (edited)

Season 2 has been really good so far, looking forward to next Sunday! 

Spoiler

By the way, hats off to the producers for taking a Brothel scene that one-ups anything from GoT... yikes!! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

On 7/1/2024 at 12:22 PM, Duke Togo said:

Episode 3, the show continues to fire on all cylinders this season. If I had one complaint this episode, it's that

Hide contents

I don't buy Rhaenyra being able to sneak into the sept to meet with Allicent; however, the scene was so good I didn't mind the need to suspend my disbelief.

meh...rat catchers were able to behead the King's son....that town apparently does not have the best security apparatus in place....I have a feeling the right amount of coin can get you were you need to be

We're now at the half-way point of the season.

Spoiler

Definitely thinking we will end this season on the Fall of King's Landing.

Spoiler

On top of being a kinslayer, Aemond almost became sibling-slayer. Almost. Now we get to see Aegon, the opioids user.

^^Technically,

Spoiler

ol’ one-eye is a kinslayer twice over.

Sad to see Rhaenys die.  But it was quite the scene to see the dragons throw down with each other.

Edited by Mog

I now see how this story is going to play out over four seasons. The pacing of it.

I'm not sure I like what they're doing with Daemon. Based on this episode. Season 1 Daemon pretty much fit what I saw the character as, but I'm not on board with where they're taking him now. Assuming they continue in this direction with him (which they may not!).

To be specific, I don't like the idea

Spoiler

that he's turning on Rhaenyra. Thinking about being king himself, sure. But actually acting on it? They have to turn him back from this.

Edited by Duke Togo

4 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Hide contents

that he's turning on Rhaenyra. Thinking about being king himself, sure. But actually acting on it? They have to turn him back from this.

Maybe that might change

Spoiler

when Jace dies. Seeing where they're going with this, I'm revising my break point to be the Battle of the Gullet to cap off the season.

9 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

I now see how this story is going to play out over four seasons. The pacing of it.

I'm not sure I like what they're doing with Daemon. Based on this episode. Season 1 Daemon pretty much fit what I saw the character as, but I'm not on board with where they're taking him now. Assuming they continue in this direction with him (which they may not!).

Hide contents

5 hours ago, azrael said:

Maybe that might change

Hide contents

when Jace dies. Seeing where they're going with this, I'm revising my break point to be the Battle of the Gullet to cap off the season.

Isn't the entire story and how it all plays out already determined?  It's not like GoT where the ending was not really following a book...or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Isn't the entire story and how it all plays out already determined?  It's not like GoT where the ending was not really following a book...or am I missing something?

The story is based on two in-universe "histories" and snippets of things in the Ice & Fire novels. The story as we know it isn't considered to be something that can be trusted as accurate. 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

49 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

The story is based on two in-universe "histories" and snippets of things in the Ice & Fire novels. The story as we know it isn't considered to be something that can be trusted as accurate. 

Martin likes to use the concept of the "unreliable narrator". What is in the books, what happens on screen, 2 versions of the same story because it isn't told by the people who performed the deed but by people who were 3rd party witnesses, hearsay, with a touch of embellishment from the writer.