Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

7 hours ago, rematron said:

Thanks for your reply!  Sorry for the bent lasers.  I guess I'll have that to look forward to as well.  How long ago did you receive it from Luna Park?  Did they send a shipping email?  I haven't heard anything from them.  I live in North America.  Not sure where you are on the globe.  Thanks again.

Yeah, I was hounding them from when the figure was officially released via their facebook.

I was sent a FedEx shipping notification and received within a week. 

2 minutes ago, dtrinh said:

Yeah, I was hounding them from when the figure was officially released via their facebook.

I was sent a FedEx shipping notification and received within a week. 

Thanks.  When did they post the release on Facebook?  I'm not on it.

7 minutes ago, rematron said:

Thanks.  When did they post the release on Facebook?  I'm not on it.

Sorry I forgot my punctuation, I questioned them (Luna Park's Facebook) , a few days after the figure was released by Bandai.

FedEx notification on 16 July. 

I'm in Australia.

21 minutes ago, dtrinh said:

Sorry I forgot my punctuation, I questioned them (Luna Park's Facebook) , a few days after the figure was released by Bandai.

FedEx notification on 16 July. 

I'm in Australia.

Thanks!

Got my YF-21 from Yoyakunow today. My antenna has that bent as well. Which it wasn't obvious initially from the photos that was sent to me last week. They didn't remove the plastic cover when they took photos. So looking thru the plastic, the slight bent is not that obvious.

IMG_4295.jpg.681f54fc5a70e15a1b6c26460f7fe221.jpg

Will try to fix it over the weekend with hairdryer. I'll inspect more and transform it later today to look for other defects based on what has been pointed out by other members and based on what was posted over Twitter. I will definitely inform Yoyakunow about the antenna and any findings I will have.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Got my YF-21 from Yoyakunow today. My antenna has that bent as well. Which it wasn't obvious initially from the photos that was sent to me last week. They didn't remove the plastic cover when they took photos. So looking thru the plastic, the slight bent is not that obvious.

IMG_4295.jpg.681f54fc5a70e15a1b6c26460f7fe221.jpg

Will try to fix it over the weekend with hairdryer. I'll inspect more and transform it later today to look for other defects based on what has been pointed out by other members and based on what was posted over Twitter. I will definitely inform Yoyakunow about the antenna and any findings I will have.

3 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

Mine looked fine in the photos, but they haven't replied me ever since my reply to their photos lol.

I got sent these photos from Yoyakunow yesterday. I'm wondering if these are the same photos they sent you?

S__438345739.jpg

S__438345740.jpg

1 hour ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I got sent these photos from Yoyakunow yesterday. I'm wondering if these are the same photos they sent you?

S__438345739.jpg

I thought we have the same first photo so I double-checked mine. I'm sharing it here as well so if anyone will receive the same angle, they can check ours for comparison. :lol: 

I didn't get one that is a top shot like yours concentrating on the antenna. The top shot I received is towards the bottom half of the Valk so it's hard to see the antenna due to the glare. I truly appreciate their effort on checking it for us. I mean, as a store with sealed products, they really don't need to do that. It's just too bad we're miles away from them.

1.jpeg.718b7b172b02008f15814d9af3a79ae2.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I thought we have the same first photo so I double-checked mine. I'm sharing it here as well so if anyone will receive the same angle, they can check ours for comparison. :lol: 

I didn't get one that is a top shot like yours concentrating on the antenna. The top shot I received is towards the bottom half of the Valk so it's hard to see the antenna due to the glare. I truly appreciate their effort on checking it for us. I mean, as a store with sealed products, they really don't need to do that. It's just too bad we're miles away from them.

1.jpeg.718b7b172b02008f15814d9af3a79ae2.jpeg

Yeah, I was afraid they were pulling something shady like sending the same pictures to everyone when I saw that yours came with the bent antenna even though they sent you pictures. 

2 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

Yeah, I was afraid they were pulling something shady like sending the same pictures to everyone when I saw that yours came with the bent antenna even though they sent you pictures. 

Same here when you posted your photo having that same angle that's why I immediately check my email again if it's the same photo. :lol: 

Did you already got yours? If not, do let us know how it goes once you receive it. From your photo, looks like the antenna is good. Fingers crossed it stays that way during transit.🤞

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here when you posted your photo having that same angle that's why I immediately check my email again if it's the same photo. :lol: 

Did you already got yours? If not, do let us know how it goes once you receive it. From your photo, looks like the antenna is good. Fingers crossed it stays that way during transit.🤞

No, unfortunately my invoice for the shipping came and was paid for on Friday late afternoon in their time. Since they are closed on weekends, I'm probably gonna get mine sometime next week. But I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

On a side note, I initially ordered the DX VT-1 from them and added the DX YF-21 a couple days later. My VT-1 wasn't ready to be shipped yet and I asked them if it was cheaper to ship both items together or separate through DHL and was told it was cheaper to do it separately. I don't know if this is true though. 

Edited by rsvictor1976

I think with DHL that might not be wrong.  I usually avoid them when possible specifically because they wind up being more expensive for large orders.

Think it just comes down to whether a particular shipper is charging by weight, or by volume.  Not sure which DHL uses, but when I look at options through HLJ, DHL seems to increase faster than other shippers when I add more items.

From AmiAmi to the US, DHL was the most expensive, but by only slightly more than the other "good" options, and was by far the fastest of the other options.  So I paid like $6 more to save a week.   (and then the driver literally DROPPED it off with a big thump, amazed the antenna was ok)

Just looking at the screwed up antenna pics make me wonder if the units of the DX YF-21 (to be sent to over to NA shores) will be possibly present when any of us opens the box. 

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just looking at the screwed up antenna pics make me wonder if the units of the DX YF-21 (to be sent to over to NA shores) will be possibly present when any of us opens the box. 

Considering the main US distro is probably coming over on pallets, rather than individual boxes, might be a bit better?

Of course, that's before it gets shipped inside the US, so might be just as bad.

32 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Considering the main US distro is probably coming over on pallets, rather than individual boxes, might be a bit better?

Of course, that's before it gets shipped inside the US, so might be just as bad.

Most of the assumptions on the bent probably happened before packing since there's no signs of boxes being mishandled to cause the said bent damage.

But then, who knows, since Bandai hasn't stated anything officially regarding their QC mistakes. :unknw:

So.. I got bored a little earlier, and curious about how difficult it might be to do this.  Turns out Bandai's general yellow plastic in many of their kits is a pretty good match.

ss(2024-07-26at05_39.19).jpg.4cf6a520af127b518aaf0b352a1108f0.jpg

This is just two of those big tabs they label sprues with, sandwiched together with cement, then cut and filed to shape.  The notch was made by pressing a 1/8th inch drill bit into the plastic and cutting a dent, then filing a channel for the snap to travel.  Not a perfect match, but not bad for about an hour's work.

ss(2024-07-26at05_39.46).jpg.ad34e5f557a5ef6e60342a9459bfcff7.jpgss(2024-07-26at05_39.59).jpg.9552f030d8263e7c612bf37ce315e83d.jpg

Honestly?  I think I like it better than the stock one, just for filling out the mount, and not constantly getting knocked out of place.  The pivot is horribly sloppy on the normal one.

Over at FB, one of the US-based sellers who just received stocks is saying Bandai USA gives an 8-month warranty on the YF-21, with implication that they will replace in case anyone’s got a bent head laser.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/PXnQzLysUYUtqhak/?mibextid=K35XfP

Meanwhile, I do hope anyone who got bent head lasers from JP will get replacement from their vendors. Just want to know their response vs HLJ’s. The latter has been quite unhelpful in this situation.

Just paid for shipping for my YF-21 from Nin-Nin-Game.  I should get it soon.  I'll wait a little bit to ship my other YF-21 from The Chosen Prime.

I guess I have a long way to wait for mine from Amazon.com... sorry to miss out on all the "fun" with antenna gate

10 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

I guess I have a long way to wait for mine from Amazon.com... sorry to miss out on all the "fun" with antenna gate

You might be better off in the end if you actually need a replacement.

I would not be surprised if replacements start getting sold on various sites though, and it's not too hard to make a replacement out of plain sheet plastic, minus the tiny little warning marking tampo.  I'm wishing they had just make it non-moving like the Yamato for two reasons though.. one, it wouldn't slop around in a stiff breeze, and two, they would have had to remove it for packaging. <_< 

23 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I'm surprised no one has capitalized on the bent antenna yet and created 3D printed replacement/spare parts.

From Devin White over Facebook. He said it’s free for personal use. Make sure to thank him afterwards. :good: 

IMG_4322.jpeg.f6c1ba248354dbe9e6307ae3f28bcf45.jpeg

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/replacement-antenna-laser-for-the-bandai-dx-yf-21

I’m going to ask some officemates to see if they have 3D printer.

Edit: Sorry for that double post. I was typing this when a notification pop up that @CHAVAKAISER just replied to this thread. :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm