Part of me wishes they spent more time on the Wolverine montage. Turn them to normal length scenes with Dead Pool learning from each failed attempt like with Bill Murray in ground hog day. 

41 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

And, was it just me, or were there a metric ton of f-bombs in the movie? For some reason I don't recall the first two having quite that many 

Well, if you have to deal with a crap-ton of multiverse shenanigans, I’m pretty sure you’d want to drop a number of f-bombs too.

Either out of frustration or exhaustion. ;)

What a great film! The plot did seam to lose its way a few times - but I didn't care! Deadpool and Pulverine, on the screen, together! It was a wild and fun ride and right of there with the best of Deadpool. I just have one caveat...

Spoiler

C'mon, he and Vanessa are broken up?! After all of one and two, they couldn't just let them stay together as a couple, they have to do the usual dumb trope of them separating. The only thing I DID NOT LIKE about this movie. Yes, there's hope for them as shown at the end, but dang it!

Otherwise, an awesome movie, I hardly felt the hours go by.

On 7/27/2024 at 6:50 PM, Hikuro said:

From what I heard is that torn sleeveless barearms Jackman wolverine costume was apparently all CGI, not entirely sure why that is though.....

One report I saw was that he has had skin cancer in the past and requested it. How true that is I'm not sure. They do take that kind of thing pretty seriously where he hails from.

I'm not entirely sure the film is the saviour of the Marvel Universe, but it was great fun. And, yeah, there were some great nods there. Anyone else spot at least one reference to a certain series of TV movies from way back when...?

On 7/29/2024 at 8:13 PM, Duke Togo said:

The references and cameos were a lot of fun. The plot was a mess and kind of a drag. I enjoyed watching it, but I doubt I'll ever revisit it.

Same exact thoughts. Saw it last night and while it had a lot of laughs I have no interest in watching Deadpool again anytime soon. That is a problem with most of MCU/Marvel films tbh, they are nowhere near the quality of DC films. Many MCU movies are even way below Zack Snyder's DC films which I think are way more re-watchable tbh. 

Edited by TangledThorns

Relied less on Deadpool and more on the character's around him, especially the cameos that hid behind the curtains numerous plot-holes. They clearly said "Whatever they did on the last Spiderman, quadruplet it, then write a story around it." 

But it worked bringing in the numbers at the dying theatre market, which now relies on a handful of decent films a year. 

Edited by Raikkonen

6 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

But it worked bringing in the numbers at the dying theatre market, which now relies on a handful of decent films a year. 

Telling my wife that I think theaters may go the way of drive-ins eventually. The money we pay to see one movie in a theater is more or less equal to a month's subscription of a streaming service.

4 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Telling my wife that I think theaters may go the way of drive-ins eventually. The money we pay to see one movie in a theater is more or less equal to a month's subscription of a streaming service.

I agree. Our small actual theatres here in Greece have almost perished within a year. Only in the Malls they've survived, and also the open summer theatres. 

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

I agree. Our small actual theatres here in Greece have almost perished within a year. Only in the Malls they've survived, and also the open summer theatres. 

You still have malls!? 

I kid, but our malls are just as hard-up as theaters. The major ones in my area are half vacant. Though, I will say that I still love the movie experience enough to keep going, esp since I go at matinee hours. A little more than $20 for a movie incl small soda and popcorn.

I just saw this movie with my two son’s and my oldest son’s fiancé. I laughed through the whole movie. Lots of memorable lines. I enjoyed it for the movie and didn’t have expectations going in.

Twich

Youngest (17) and I watched it opening night.  We loved it.

My oldest (33) just got back to the USA last week (he was deployed to the Europe area for awhile) and is on his way up to visit for his birthday and my birthday and the three of us are planning a boys night out to watch the movie in 3D this time.

I loved this movie so much I actually watched it twice! I 've never done that before. It really is funny and it's great to see cameos and in jokes from the MCU and other franchises (I also really liked their version of Gambit, Tatum was funny, and he had cool powers)

Also maybe somebody more familiar with the comics could answer this, but I had trouble identifying some characters. On Cassandra Nova's side we have a Devil like character, and on  the Deadpool sides we have a Deadpool with a Neon Light costume. 

Does anyone know these characters names?

On 8/10/2024 at 11:25 PM, Luca Angeloni said:

I loved this movie so much I actually watched it twice! I 've never done that before. It really is funny and it's great to see cameos and in jokes from the MCU and other franchises (I also really liked their version of Gambit, Tatum was funny, and he had cool powers)

Also maybe somebody more familiar with the comics could answer this, but I had trouble identifying some characters. On Cassandra Nova's side we have a Devil like character, and on  the Deadpool sides we have a Deadpool with a Neon Light costume. 

Does anyone know these characters names?

The Devil-like character should be Azazel, he appeared X-Men First Class. Can’t help you with the neon Deadpool though, I was too distracted with all the other ‘pools! 😆

on a side note I hope we see more of X-23 in the MCU.  I only just realized she played Jecki in Acolyte and duel with Qimir was one of the few highlights in that series.

Edited by the_foul_fowl

11 hours ago, the_foul_fowl said:

on a side note I hope we see more of X-23 in the MCU.  I only just realized she played Jecki in Acolyte and duel with Qimir was one of the few highlights in that series.

She also played Lyra Silvertongue on Max's 'His Dark Materials' series. And very well at that, IMO.

Saw it over the weekend. I think I still enjoyed the second one the most, which might be an unpopular opinion. This one had some boring stretches, and I suppose I don't find Deadpool's origin that interesting. The Easter eggs in the second one just hit better for me, too. 

What I liked? This movie and No Way Home might've leaned on some cheap nostalgic tricks, but man, they were effective. I was still a teenager when Blade came out, barely a legal adult when X-Men released, and now I'm firmly middle-aged. It's nice to go have that feeling of reliving 20-something years worth of experiences.

I did appreciate the callbacks to the old 20th Century Fox Marvel films. I can't say I particularly loved the 20th Century Fox era for Marvel, but the coldest thing Marvel Comics did was bury the Fantastic Four and X-Men comics because Marvel/Disney didn't have the movie rights. Oh yeah, add kicking the X-Men out of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite even though the X-characters are essentially what made the Marvel vs. series possible... I may have enjoyed the heck out of MCU movies from 2008-2019, but Marvel Studios did enough bad faith moves that I was secretly hoping they'd get embarrassed at some point. So perhaps the icing on the cake for me in this movie was making fun of the rut that Marvel Studios is in now. 

One of the benefits of the MCU used to be that unlike the comics, you could pick up and watch whatever you wanted without feeling lost. There also were only three movies a year, so it was easy to keep up. Post-Endgame, they threw out the streamlined storytelling and gave us so much bloat that wasn't as compelling that I lost interest. But, I was super hyped for this movie, and throughout the most part, it met my expectations.

Finally had some time to get out to the movies. I’m not big on the whole multiverse thing, so it was fun to see that this not only was a multiverse movie but also a parody of the failure of the multiverse and is the only successful multiverse movie I’ve seen in a long time. It somehow managed to give a big middle finger to Disney as well.

It was really tough trying to avoid the spoilers for this movie for the last few weeks, but somehow I managed to keep the biggest surprises a surprise for myself and there were a lot of them. There’s so many cameos that I’m probably gonna have to watch it a few times when it starts streaming to see them all