9 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looking forward to this movie!

Same here.  I can't wait for Thursday!

E3E3CA81-F7CD-46A2-B777-3C74A64BF64F.jpeg.3b17f7079229bbef592b619397134b6f.jpeg

Got this cool shirt to wear.  LFG!

Posted (edited)

T-minus about an hour from now.  I'll see if I can get the Wolverine popcorn bucket.  Letsfukkinggo!  LFG!

Edited by sh9000

I caught it last night and meh, it was fun and entertaining, but all the appearances and cameos were distracting. They made sense within the context of the movie, but I'm just over this multi-verse nonsense, it's a crutch for bad and uninteresting storytelling. Once again, within the context of this movie it worked, but I still didn't like it, it bordered on obnoxious towards the half-way mark. Still a solid third entry, it's just what I feared was true in spades, it's got a lot of cameos and appearances, for better or worse.

Spoiler

Seeing Hugh actually put the mask on in the big final battle was great though, he definitely saved the good stuff for last.

At this point I'll just wait for the inevitable three disc 4K Bluray box set, I just don't see a fourth film happening, this was pretty final. 

I'm gonna go tomorrow morning, it's very difficult for me to find seats where I like to sit, sort of a Sheldon Cooper kind of thing. I don't like being surrounded by people and want optimal ability to use the bathroom if I need to. 

9 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I just don't see a fourth film happening, this was pretty final. 

Ryan always made this clear from the start of production.

But... we got a easily avoidable fourth Matrix film almost two decades later... 

It was okay.

Hugh can do no wrong when it comes to playing this character. They hit all the emotional beats. Problems was too many 4th wall jokes and jokes in general. I would have preferred if more of the movie took place in a more realistic universe. This one had a Covid vibe of filmed on set with nobody there. Help kept all the cameos a secret, I guess. Violence was too much that it was easy to become numb to it. Same with the vulgar jokes. CGI characters all made of rubber. I'll excuse the bad CGI in this movie over other movies because this movie was a cartoon.

Movie wasn't needed. If the X-Men movies ended without Logan this would have been a good swan song for the character. Dead Pool 2 also had good ending. He 4th walled himself a happy ending. This movie screamed, Oh my god. The movie industry is dying. Let's throw a bunch of money at things.

The "until you're 90" joke is so true for all these actors. Most actors want two things: a chance to act and a chance to act in something with meaning. Studios aren't interested in funding things with meaning. If they want to act it will be things like this forever, forever.

Wasn't bad, not as in your face as the original 2 films were though. From what I heard is that torn sleeveless barearms Jackman wolverine costume was apparently all CGI, not entirely sure why that is though.....But the cameo's in there were certainly a surprise to see. 

Finally caught the film.  It was enjoyable.  Still find the first one to be the best, but this one is better than the sequel.

I actually enjoy the meta commentary about post-Endgame films, multiverse stuff, and the forgotten films.

Spoiler

The Chris Evans reveal was hilarious.  And even though I heard the scuttlebutt about the various cameos, I thought they made sense, given how those films were forgotten by the MCU.  Got a good chuckle by Jennifer Garner’s in-joke “eff him” about Affleck/Daredevil.

Though, I was a little confused about Deadpool being in the main 616 universe and then he settles down in 100xx?  Also, seems kinda weird the other ‘Pools siding with Nova (other than to allow for a big final fight scene).

Just saw the film.  It was... okay.  Deadpool himself was as zany as usual, but seemed to be missing how he used to dance on the teetering edge of insanity.

The individual one-liners were pretty good, but the padding between them was horrendous.  It just went on.  And on.  And on.  Annnnnnnnnnd onnnnnnnnnnnnn.  I'm glad I was pretty unspoiled going into this, so much of the reveals were hilarious.