PLAMAX 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie

TMBounty_Hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm fussy about scale consistency.

I bought a bunch of kitzconcept VFS on sale, thinking I could collect and build the other mecha with Hasegawa kits when I found time...

Turns out kitzconcept, Hasegawa, calibre wings, and Bandai "1/72" are ALL different scale! WHYYYY🙁

Kitzconcept is more like 1/65. I get they're fictional and no definitive references exist, but its so frustrating manufacturers don't clearly label the exact size of the things they sell. They sometimes list the size of the box which doesn't help.

Can anyone please post a pic of a plamax next to a Hasegawa, or tell me the total length please top to bottom?

On 5/18/2024 at 10:15 AM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

So this is the first side-by-side with the Hasegawa that I see and the vertical chonkiness is interesting. The person is also using a old Bandai head on the PLAMAX

Posted back on Page 14 of this thread.

It is more than just the height.

The general proportions are going to be different depending on the interpretation of the 2-D artwork and how that translates to 3-D.

On 9/23/2024 at 11:09 AM, farcall said:

Hi, I'm fussy about scale consistency.

I bought a bunch of kitzconcept VFS on sale, thinking I could collect and build the other mecha with Hasegawa kits when I found time...

Turns out kitzconcept, Hasegawa, calibre wings, and Bandai "1/72" are ALL different scale! WHYYYY🙁

Kitzconcept is more like 1/65. I get they're fictional and no definitive references exist, but its so frustrating manufacturers don't clearly label the exact size of the things they sell. They sometimes list the size of the box which doesn't help.

Can anyone please post a pic of a plamax next to a Hasegawa, or tell me the total length please top to bottom?

Hasegawa and Plamax are going to be different even though they're labeled as 1/72.
In proportions, designs, etc.

It's like how for example HGs and RGs are different even though they're both labeled 1/144 and of the same kit (e.g Hi nu, Nu, etc)

9 minutes ago, Big s said:

Hlj has it in the front page, hobbysearch has it in their “Gundam Kits” section that oddly doesn’t have gundams anymore 

Found it. Apparently the refresh button is a thing. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Odd that the VF-1D is missing from the fighter lineup though.

That would require PLAMAX to tool a new nose, cockpit and canopy. Let's see if they are gonna do it :)

7 minutes ago, Urashiman said:

That would require PLAMAX to tool a new nose, cockpit and canopy. Let's see if they are gonna do it :)

The VF-1D battroid required new parts too, and they did it so.... fingers crossed?

Then again, Hasegawa never did a VF-1D battroid or 1/48 fighter despite doing a 1/72 fighter and gerwalk so who knows with these companies sometimes.

3 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Odd that the VF-1D is missing from the fighter lineup though.

When the 1J came out as a battroid, there wasn’t a 1J fighter either. I’m just curious if they’re gonna do gerwalk with these

1 minute ago, GMK said:

There’s PLAMAX CAD for the Armoured Battroid….so I’m hoping they solve the anime magic for the forward head tilted open for the armoured VF-1J like in SDFM. 

59Flco5.png

9ITzGnu.png

QgwoLNY.png

Hope it comes out soon. I didn’t pick up the hasegawa, since it has a bit of an awkward look. I’m pretty sure the max factory one will last ok much better 

3 minutes ago, GMK said:

There’s PLAMAX CAD for the Armoured Battroid….so I’m hoping they solve the anime magic for the forward head tilted open for the armoured VF-1J like in SDFM. 

59Flco5.png

9ITzGnu.png

QgwoLNY.png

A sliding pivot on the underside of the head . As it pivots forward it lifts.

On 10/3/2024 at 8:44 PM, GMK said:

59Flco5.png

9ITzGnu.png

QgwoLNY.png

I rigged something like that on my custom VF-1J Armored Valk:

100_0878.JPG.16b5b6e15b41665660fdf9d872a037eb.JPG

Decal bullet holes. Lol. 
I'm glad to get the VF-1D , i was going to cancel my pre order for the VF-1S but now i think the 1D needs a buddy to pose with. 

52 minutes ago, GMK said:

Here we go! VF-1A Battroids. 

D5SlEfO.jpeg

0c7vAzM.jpeg

SMcsEr1.jpeg

They do have good pose ability , that's for sure. 

6 hours ago, SteveTheFish said:

My friend took this pic at the show. Looks like Plamax is getting into the S-Valks. It's new to me. I probably haven't been following this as closely as you guys.

image.jpeg.fc438412ab6f004b1fa117f7439af126.jpeg

The fighter shown is already up for preorder. It looks like the packs are all on a different runner along with some expected new parts for the legs and folded backpack. Makes it a step closer to gerwalk.

5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Would love to get the 1S Battroid... not even going to go into why I can't. :( Maybe someday...

Someday maybe sooner than you think. Just gotta keep those fingers crossed. their battroid kit for the 1j is really great and very simple. Not much to complain about. Simple design, well hidden seams and great articulation 

7 hours ago, Big s said:

Just got the 1a fighter and now to get the battroid. Now I need a 1/72 Queadluun Rau tv version for the epic battle scene 

That would be interesting to see their version of the Quead. 

38 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That would be interesting to see their version of the Quead. 

I’m not sure if they’d do it or Hasegawa, but it would be interesting if the tv version was handled by Plamax. Either way, I think it would be a great kit since both companies are doing good stuff these days