sell and trade ideas

i had a idea popup just now. a way to combat sellers and traders who dont come through on their end, is to give thier phone number and address to the forum admin through a private message, before their first listing.

that way the admins. and maybe even the mods can relay that info to the person buying item if a issue comes up from the transaction (ie the seller does not ship.)

you would hope the ss and blacklisted threads were enough. but maybe this would help

The only problem with this is that it is then asking the Admins and the Mods to perform yet another service for us, above and beyond what they already do. Which is provide us with a free site where we can come and discuss the minutiae of a 22 year old anime show.

IMHO, Shawn and Graham and the Mods do quite enough around here.

Not to mention that the Mods get enough flak as it is without taking on this responsibility. That opens doors for people to start complaining on a whole new level "ModX didn't take care of my problem fast enough", "ModX didn't answer my PM fast enough etc"

Not that it's a bad idea, I personally think that something like that is a GREAT idea. Perhaps there should be a section where the known sellers on this site are required to post their contact information before they are allowed to sell anything.

But even that would have to be policed at some point, by someone. A less than honest seller could just post fake info about themselves. And they could just as easily give bad info to the Admins or Mods under your suggestion. The only way to verify this would be whomever received the info would have to contact the seller directly via each of their contact info, and verify that it was them. The only way to do that would be to ask them something that only they should know, for instance their MW login, which only the Mods and Admin know. So, it goes back to the Admin, and the Mods already doing enough around here.

Perhaps the members of the site could nominate and elect a select few members from the SS list who would volunteer to store this info for everyone else?

All this is why we have the Straight Shooters and Blacklists, and why it's encouraged to post pics of what you are selling. Sale/trade fourum sections like this are always buyer beware, and should be treaded with caution.

I don't think it would be fair to dump another burden onto the mods and admin. They have enough to do here, and actual jobs in addition. Like Mechamaniac said, it would still be easy to just post fake contact info.

All that can be said is, be careful what you put your money down for, and don't hesitate to ask questions before you actually buy the item.