All Things Disney Parks - Rides, Merch, News, and everything else

jvmacross

3 hours ago, Big s said:

Also if you have a D+ subscription, make sure not to get injured or sick at D land parks or affiliated restaurants, seems there’s a clause even in one month subscriptions that limit your legal actions against them in case something goes wrong 

Nah...that legal argument was a stretch from the start....lol

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/14/nx-s1-5074830/disney-wrongful-death-lawsuit-disney

Disney is going to have to pay up one way or another...

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Yup - Disney didn't drop their arbitration argument simply out of the goodness of their hearts OR for the horrible optics of it.

The Skyliner is normally a GREAT way to get to Hollywood Studios for early entry, there are times of the year it is packed to the gills early though.  I've never tried early entry to EPCOT - it is the park we go to in the afternoon after visiting HS in the morning.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/14/nx-s1-5074830/disney-wrongful-death-lawsuit-disney

Disney is going to have to pay up one way or another...

The fact that they even tried to go down that route is truly troubling. Makes you wonder what other creepy things are in these subscription agreements 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

The fact that they even tried to go down that route is truly troubling. Makes you wonder what other creepy things are in these subscription agreements 

Sadly they are not the only ones that have tried to force arbitration due to the plaintiff entering a contract with a corporation they are suing....thanks to the custom-built current Supreme Court...we can only expect more of this type of BS

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Sadly they are not the only ones that have tried to force arbitration due to the plaintiff entering a contract with a corporation they are suing....thanks to the custom-built current Supreme Court...we can only expect more of this type of BS

I just think it’s wild since the guy only signed up for a one month trial subscription back in 2019. Nobody reads those contracts and I don’t think it’s something that should ever be included in one ever.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I just think it’s wild since the guy only signed up for a one month trial subscription back in 2019. Nobody reads those contracts and I don’t think it’s something that should ever be included in one ever.

I'd be surprised if an arbitration clause is not included in ALL those "sign this to access this service" agreements.  The only question is if they legally binding and to what degree.  (disputes about the service provided by D+ is almost certainly legally binding, disputes about a D+ contract applying to a death at a theme park is a stretch).

14 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I'd be surprised if an arbitration clause is not included in ALL those "sign this to access this service" agreements.  The only question is if they legally binding and to what degree.  (disputes about the service provided by D+ is almost certainly legally binding, disputes about a D+ contract applying to a death at a theme park is a stretch).

20 hours ago, Big s said:

Unfortunately Disney isn't the first to force arbitration on an incident that was completely unrelated to a lawsuit and the courts have sided with the corporations.....

The only reason why Disney backed-off was due to the bad press it was receiving....I wouldn't be surprised if they make an offer the plaintiff can't refuse and just settle out of court without admission of any fault....