19 hours ago, lechuck said:

Was trying to be helpful with some further insight and provide another viewpoint, but wow... talk about being dismissive to direct feedback from an actual owner!?

Instead of just deriding the MB Providence as a "brick" in one-liners, why don't you actually try and elaborate a bit more – why is it a brick, what are these limitations you keep referring to and compared to which other MB Gundam does it perform poorly?

Hey 

This isnt a personal attack on your favorite MB but more or less an internet opinion as to how the providence has limited range of motion/articulation when the backpack is applied. This is in comparison to every other MB unit that has a backpack accessory. 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

TamashiiWeb updated their Zeta page with additonal photos. So for Y44000/Y40000, the Hyper Mega Launcher is not included?

Its sad but we all know Bandai likes to sell options and accessories separate. We can probably expect a C1 kit or a Zeta Plus Hummingbird style  option parts in the near future 

9 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Hey 

This isnt a personal attack on your favorite MB but more or less an internet opinion as to how the providence has limited range of motion/articulation when the backpack is applied. This is in comparison to every other MB unit that has a backpack accessory. 

Neither is the Providence my favourite MB or Gundam nor do I have any deep rooted attachment to these toys that would have me take criticism about them personal. I would appreciate that you not presume things about me that you simply don't know – because that I do take a bit personal.

"Internet opinion" isn't some kind authoritative body, it's just a cesspool of thoughts and assessments including mine and yours. You are of course entitled to align yourself with the opinion that the Providence apparently has limited articulation. However ridiculing it as a "brick" without any further differentiation reads very one-sided – total discontent for the MB with no positive/redeeming traits.

So I'm offering a counter view based on my personal experience, not so much to persuade you to change sides, but it might give others that do not have Providence a broader/better perspective – for example the legs/feet are not in any way impeded, ab-crunch and the torso side tilt (something for example the Dynames doesn't even have) can still be fully utilised with the backpack attached. The backpack itself clips into construct that hinges upwards to allow for clearance when needed, like for waist swivel or when arching the main body backwards. Arms won't be doing any full rotations, but the rest – pivoting shoulders, lateral arm movement, deep elbow bend, bicep/fore-arm swivel, wrist – all remain functional. The backpack is massive, which does become a bit cumbersome when handling. The expanding gimmick is a neatly implemented idea, but is not really something that will blow your mind away. The DRAGOONs sit firmly for the most part, I would say the three large/rounded ones could have a tighter fit. Overall I don't see any severe limitations, the sculpt is great – especially those cables on the main body. One could argue that accessories aren't that many, because once the backpack and DRAGOONs are attached there isn't much else other than the gun, shield, beam blade effect part and select few alternate hands.

Is the MB Providence a must have for the collection? Overall it is a solid entry, on the other hand there really isn't that much to do or explore – expand the backpack, gun, shield and/or detach the DRAGOONS, that's it. I would say a Strike Noir, Red Astray Dragonix or Dynames yields better experience in this regard. If one is a fan of the Providence, likes SEED MS in general or just wants to have a bad guy Gundam in their collection AND you can find it for the OG price/pre-order markup, then it is worthwhile picking up.

I caved and was able to preorder at HLJ. Was trying at first at Hobby-Genki but got cartjacked. HLJ on the other hand it's not loading properly and sometimes it's just a blank page when I refresh. In-between refresh I was able to put one in Cart. And after a few refresh, was able to enter the Cart page and just waited until it went thru. Will probably just leave this unopened and wait till they announce Green Divers version. And hope it's not going to be as hot magenta as the MRD counterpart. If not, I'll wait until they announce a Metal Build ZII. I'll worry about cabinet space later. :spiteful:

14 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Looks like it, so I snagged a 1/100 hml kit to go along with it.

Care to share a link to what HML kit is that? Thanks!

13 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Its sad but we all know Bandai likes to sell options and accessories separate. We can probably expect a C1 kit or a Zeta Plus Hummingbird style  option parts in the near future 

True. Bandai loves selling option parts and accessory set separately. I don't mind paying an extra $100+ for this variation (spoiler below) as long it will come properly with the Hyper Mega Launcher that is missing from the initial figure. ;) :good: 

Spoiler

20170707_zgundam_02__92743.jpg.32942a04a5bd2246a95e3e8ca3690b8b.jpg
20170707_zgundam_03__39300.jpg.bb42913520f89b6b1030cf0906d3ee28.jpg
20170707_zgundam_04__27704.jpg.879db3baadb75f77630697a5a0007d1b.jpg
20170707_zgundam_05__43143.jpg.e1856ef41b163fcec47b9eb935e76ff8.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

So having never ordered a Metal Build that's available at retail -- are these like Bandai Macross DX VF-1s where if you didn't get into the preorder you're looking at the second hand market?  Or will there be some to purchase on the release date?  

The last retail Metal Build Gundam was the Hi-Nu and that still seems to be available at retailers like Big Bad Toystore.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I caved and was able to preorder at HLJ. Was trying at first at Hobby-Genki but got cartjacked. HLJ on the other hand it's not loading properly and sometimes it's just a blank page when I refresh. In-between refresh I was able to put one in Cart. And after a few refresh, was able to enter the Cart page and just waited until it went thru. Will probably just leave this unopened and wait till they announce Green Divers version. And hope it's not going to be as hot magenta as the MRD counterpart. If not, I'll wait until they announce a Metal Build ZII. I'll worry about cabinet space later. :spiteful:

Care to share a link to what HML kit is that? Thanks!

True. Bandai loves selling option parts and accessory set separately. I don't mind paying an extra $100+ for this variation (spoiler below) as long it will come properly with the Hyper Mega Launcher that is missing from the initial figure. ;) :good: 

Reveal hidden contents

20170707_zgundam_02__92743.jpg.32942a04a5bd2246a95e3e8ca3690b8b.jpg
20170707_zgundam_03__39300.jpg.bb42913520f89b6b1030cf0906d3ee28.jpg
20170707_zgundam_04__27704.jpg.879db3baadb75f77630697a5a0007d1b.jpg
20170707_zgundam_05__43143.jpg.e1856ef41b163fcec47b9eb935e76ff8.jpg

It's a 1/100 flea bay special...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276150291797?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D274144%26meid%3D9deab7ff083c4220ba6c7a8dc99f9708%26pid%3D101949%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26itm%3D276150291797%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4375194%26algv%3DRecentlyViewedItemsV2WithMLRPbooster&_trksid=p4375194.c101949.m162918&_trkparms=parentrq%3A4aff4df51920a2562b0573a5ffffdcd4|pageci%3Aa864ca57-8063-11ef-90c6-2e22e044d8dc|iid%3A1|vlpname%3Avlp_homepage

There are many options of it, but this should give you an idea. Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

I haven't the Metal Build Zeta on any US retailer's website yet. It's sold out at all the online Japanese retailers I know.

US usually comes a month later.  the US prices may not reflect the Yen/USD rate so importing it may be a better deal unless you have the Oktaku mode TOM points from paid membership deal. 

1 hour ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Ihave ordered from Yanhwatcho and Amyhome for PG Exia metal replacement parts. In my experience they will deliver but their  prices (for both item and shipping) are generally more expensive than other sellers. So its probably worth exploring ebay to save some money

10 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

US usually comes a month later.  the US prices may not reflect the Yen/USD rate so importing it may be a better deal unless you have the Oktaku mode TOM points from paid membership deal. 

They're sold out at all the shops I know. Unless you suggest I order at Luna Park for a 25%+ markup and guaranteed crappy packing that ensures it arrives banged up.

On 9/27/2024 at 11:55 PM, 68whiskey said:

The conversion rate of 40k yen is like $280-300 give or take. If this stays in a similar price range before P Bandai and others charge their misc fees it seems like a sound purchase. Over the last year I have noticed 2 things that need to be said right now

1) Every one has wanted a Zeta for a while and now its here , why are people getting cold feet?

2) I like how every one is complaining about the 40k yen price tag but some of you here did not hesitate to buy that MB Providence brick. 

I say if you like the Zeta, then buy it. Regret it later

While I personally like the Providence way more than I initially expected, I also don't put it into crazy poses, haha.  I didn't originally plan to get it, and it's probably not worth the after-market cost now, but Bandai did at least put some love into the paint and accessories.  It's freakin heavy though and doesn't pose well without a stand due to that crazy backpack, but it does carry some nice shelf presence.

On the same token, I completely agree that 40k yen seems perfectly reasonable for Zeta, though I've found it difficult to find at those prices (Yoyakunow is even marking it up 8k, which seems higher than their normal markup).  Even so, I want this way more than Providence, and I think this is a perfectly reasonable price for it.  The proportions don't particularly bother me, though I agree the head seems a TAD big - I don't think I would have noticed until I read this thread, haha!  I personally prefer the MG Zeta 2.0 proportions the most, but I know often the designers have to make some concessions for the transforming gimmick.  Considering I'll probably never transform the MB Zeta, I wish they just relied on parts-forming or something.... oh well.

I'm a bit surprised that this transforms, to be honest.  I thought one of the reasons why Tryon 3 (which was designed by the MB team from what I understand) switched from MB to SoC was so they could use less paint, as they were afraid the transformation gimmick would cause too much paint chipping.  

Either way, I'm very excited for this release, if I could simply find a pre-order.  Hopefully it will be readily available just like Exia Devise and Hi Nu eventually were available everywhere.  Thank you Bandai for not making this TWE lol.

Edited by bakerjin
redundant word

10 minutes ago, bakerjin said:

While I personally like the Providence way more than I initially expected, I also don't put it into crazy poses, haha.  I didn't originally plan to get it, and it's probably not worth the after-market cost now, but Bandai did at least put some love into the paint and accessories.  It's freakin heavy though and doesn't pose well without a stand due to that crazy backpack, but it does carry some nice shelf presence.

On the same token, I completely agree that 40k yen seems perfectly reasonable for Zeta, though I've found it difficult to find at those prices (Yoyakunow is even marking it up 8k, which seems higher than their normal markup).  Even so, I want this way more than Providence, and I think this is a perfectly reasonable price for it.  The proportions don't particularly bother me, though I agree the head seems a TAD big - I don't think I would have noticed until I read this thread, haha!  I personally prefer the MG Zeta 2.0 proportions the most, but I know often the designers have to make some concessions for the transforming gimmick.  Considering I'll probably never transform the MB Zeta, I wish they just relied on parts-forming or something.... oh well.

I'm a bit surprised that this transforms, to be honest.  I thought one of the reasons why Tryon 3 (which was designed by the MB team from what I understand) switched from MB to SoC was so they could use less paint, as they were afraid the transformation gimmick would cause too much paint chipping.  

Either way, I'm very excited for this release, if I could simply find a pre-order.  Hopefully it will be readily available just like Exia Devise and Hi Nu eventually were available everywhere.  Thank you Bandai for not making this TWE lol.

Great, now I can't unsee how big Zeta's noggin is... My excitement is now ruined.

All I can think of now is Idiocracy's scene where President Camacho is commenting on the size of Not Sure's head, but instead of the peanut commentary it's the opposite.

4 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Did amiami ever open a preorder slot for the Metal Build Zeta on their international site?

I haven't come across it either, so I don't think they have put it up yet.

Why are some of these stores hiking the price on a retail release, was this a practice in the past? I thought that was only done when it's P-Bandai, lottery or store exclusive?

Supposedly the Zeta will also be released for the EU market, so at this point I might just pre-order locally when it gets solicited.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I haven't come across it either, so I don't think they have put it up yet.

Why are some of these stores hiking the price on a retail release, was this a practice in the past? I thought that was only done when it's P-Bandai, lottery or store exclusive?

Supposedly the Zeta will also be released for the EU market, so at this point I might just pre-order locally when it gets solicited.

Hm, I wonder if Kapow Toys will stock it.

19 hours ago, weiser21 said:

I haven't the Metal Build Zeta on any US retailer's website yet. It's sold out at all the online Japanese retailers I know.

Saw this on bbts, not sure if this is the one you’re looking for, I don’t really follow these metal builds that much, but $400 is way outta my price range IMG_2902.jpeg.f181a5cfcf9cb238c70e52d43c039eec.jpeg

On 10/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, Test_Pilot_2 said:
On 10/1/2024 at 8:41 PM, 68whiskey said:

Ihave ordered from Yanhwatcho and Amyhome for PG Exia metal replacement parts. In my experience they will deliver but their  prices (for both item and shipping) are generally more expensive than other sellers. So its probably worth exploring ebay to save some money

On 10/2/2024 at 7:53 AM, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Also, I found the HML at a lower cost and with free shipping here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325846791835

I think it's all the same stuff, just different sellers.

Thanks guys! So it comes with 2 Mega Launcher. Cool. :good: 

I think my only concern now is whether the blue will match MB Zeta's, right? Or just use the grey one instead? :rolleyes:

On 10/2/2024 at 3:08 PM, Big s said:

Saw this on bbts, not sure if this is the one you’re looking for, I don’t really follow these metal builds that much, but $400 is way outta my price range IMG_2902.jpeg.f181a5cfcf9cb238c70e52d43c039eec.jpeg

BBTS  and Sugo Toys Should be a "Last Resort" type purchase. The prices are generally higher than normal but if you have to have it then its worth getting

13 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Well, I failed. I told myself I wasnt going to get a Zeta but the free shipping and no tax part got me.  Thanks Weiser