22 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Bandai doing the same thing to Code Geass as its doing to gundam and macross lolĀ 

no idea; this isn't from Code Geass.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

no idea; this isn't from Code Geass.

After some research i stand corrected. Its Aurora Battler whatver that is

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You meant this one?

0e0aa099-792e-4e5b-920e-b9ffe5e588e6.jpg.9beecaf59ee12ce7872378f90fb79e43.jpg

Yeah thats the one. Bandai recycling the same frame and similaritiesĀ 

2 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Itā€™s definitely a bit older, but I really loved the original series, even though it was during that kill em all era. The Ova was pretty great looking and had some interesting takes on the designs. Love those bugs and the ova fancy bugs

15 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Yeah thats the one. Bandai recycling the same frame and similaritiesĀ 

I'm not sure if it's a recycled or not but the designs between Sirbine and Bellvine has a lot of differences. It's not just the backpack. Probably some of the internal frames and joints are recycled. But it's not the same as Exia/Strike/Astray variants where a lot of parts are mostly the same.

IMG_4223.JPG.092b33047042e6f4f050ca9734a5f7aa.JPG

0e0aa099-792e-4e5b-920e-b9ffe5e588e6.jpg.9beecaf59ee12ce7872378f90fb79e43.jpg

12 hours ago, Big s said:

Itā€™s definitely a bit older, but I really loved the original series, even though it was during that kill em all era. The Ova was pretty great looking and had some interesting takes on the designs. Love those bugs and the ova fancy bugs

To be honest, these two are kind of refreshing to see coming out from the Metal Build line. Too bad Bellvine doesn't transform like Billbine and I don't have any more room for a different MB series/line. I already have both of them in Robot Damashii form so I think I'm good. :good:Ā 

Ā 

(I'm probably trying to convince myself that I'm good since I didn't bought MB Sirbine prior, not knowing that there will Bellvine down the line.Ā :rolleyes:)

On 7/21/2024 at 4:32 AM, 68whiskey said:

Bandai doing the same thing to Code Geass as its doing to gundam and macross lolĀ 

I can agree with you about the Macross and Gundam series, but as the owner of both Code Geass figures, I can't agree with you. The outer armour and details, as well as the inner frame and connections between each part, are improved and over-engineered from the redĀ Guren S.E.I.T.E.N to the white Albion. This is the step forward. They don't feel like the same mould as the VF-31 or 00 series.

Edited by doomgart

After having a closer look at Albion (it arrived a few days ago) and handling some of the last MBs (Kampfer, Sirbine), I would say that there are some positive improvements in the MB line itself and especially in the Dragon Scale line.

With Kampfer and Albion, you don't need to worry about breaking the whole arm or some parts of the arm (hello Destiny and any Gundam with separate movable wrist elements) when you changing the hands. You don't need to apply too much pressure.
The overall quality of the painting has improved. There are less paint rubbing problems "out of the box" (maybe I was too lucky).

Albion's top pin of the stand arm is finally replaced with the metal part and it has a really tight fixation.

Even the packaging is improved!
In the case of the Dragon Scale series (Sirbine, Guren S.E.I.T.E.N., Albion), the top flat sheet of the cardboard is replaced by the plastic with special shapes in the figure package (like the plastic cover from the VF-31 series of Dx Chogokin line).

Can someone help me please with this topic:

What is the difference between these two sets?

1.Ā Bandai Spirits METAL BUILD Mobile Suit Gundam Seed [Launcher Striker METAL BUILD 10th Ver.]Ā Example

2. Bandai Spirits METAL BUILD Mobile Suit Gundam Seed [Launcher Striker]Ā Example

Is it possible to combine Aile Strike Gundam (2018) with the Sword set and the Launcher set to recreate "GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike"?I have found somewhere 3p additional detail for this, but I can't remember where I found it and is this 3p detail is necessary in any way or not.
Unfortunately, I only found a description of the strike itself:

Spoiler

Ā 

Ā 

And I found this review with the pictures proving the possibility of the perfect strike, but without details for me.

Edited by doomgart

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, doomgart said:

Can someone help me please with this topic:

What is the difference between these two sets?

1.Ā Bandai Spirits METAL BUILD Mobile Suit Gundam Seed [Launcher Striker METAL BUILD 10th Ver.]Ā Example

2. Bandai Spirits METAL BUILD Mobile Suit Gundam Seed [Launcher Striker]Ā Example

Is it possible to combine Aile Strike Gundam (2018) with the Sword set and the Launcher set to recreate "GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike"?I have found somewhere 3p additional detail for this, but I can't remember where I found it and is this 3p detail is necessary in any way or not.
Unfortunately, I only found a description of the strike itself:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

Ā 

And I found this review with the pictures proving the possibility of the perfect strike, but without details for me.

Hope I can answer this to the best of my knowledge esp I don't have any 10th Anniversary Version releases.

I believe the only difference between those 2 add-ons that you mentioned above (Launcher Strike) is Number 1 were re-released during the Metal Build 10th Anniversary celebration. Unless they changed some tampo markings to it(?).

And is it possible to combine all sets with Aile Strike? The straight answer is no for the official Bandai release. Since the Aile Pack that came with the original Aile Strike release along with the single release of the Aile Pack itself didn't have the parts to make the official Perfect Strike pack such as the extra Energy Packs for the Aile Pack and the holes where you can insert both Launcher and Sword pack pegs. However, assuming you have all these 3 packs, you can wait for GokinPlus. I believe they're making a part where you can insert it in-between Strike's back and the Aile Pack so you can load the other packs. However, it's not 'Perfect' without those additional Energy Packs. Click below for the image.

Spoiler

KakaoTalk_20240704_195504272.jpg.webp.1cab2c711e09e6bfef38650525555153.webp

KakaoTalk_20240704_195504272_02.jpg.webp.a67dbdcd0cab8d5c8eaa9030a49b988c.webp

On the other hand though, there was indeed a knock-off of a Metal Build 'Perfect Strike' released a few years ago. From what I've read, the added Energy Pack is based on the existing MB design but the rack itself is somehow a modified design from the Master Grade kit.

Hacchaka did mentioned on his review that if the Aile Pack only did have those Energy Packs and the slot for the other packs, he can make it work. But you can pose it ala-Perfect without mounting those weapons at the back like what he did it here:

cfc29d1e.jpg.c478f4985335c22f56d6bbef93b3c5c8.jpg

Hope that helps. :good:Ā 

Edited by no3Ljm

Thank you @no3LjmĀ so much! Your reply really helps me!

The detail you mentioned, I had found exactly that detail somewhere via google search, but without an official site.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope I can answer this to the best of my knowledge esp I don't have any 10th Anniversary Version releases.

I believe the only difference between those 2 add-ons that you mentioned above (Launcher Strike) is Number 1 were re-released during the Metal Build 10th Anniversary celebration. Unless they changed some tampo markings to it(?).

And is it possible to combine all sets with Aile Strike? The straight answer is no for the official Bandai release. Since the Aile Pack that came with the original Aile Strike release along with the single release of the Aile Pack itself didn't have the parts to make the official Perfect Strike pack such as the extra Energy Packs for the Aile Pack and the holes where you can insert both Launcher and Sword pack pegs. However, assuming you have all these 3 packs, you can wait for GokinPlus. I believe they're making a part where you can insert it in-between Strike's back and the Aile Pack so you can load the other packs. However, it's not 'Perfect' without those additional Energy Packs. Click below for the image.

KakaoTalk_20240704_195504272.jpg.webp.1cab2c711e09e6bfef38650525555153.webp

KakaoTalk_20240704_195504272_02.jpg.webp.a67dbdcd0cab8d5c8eaa9030a49b988c.webp

On the other hand though, there was indeed a knock-off of a Metal Build 'Perfect Strike' released a few years ago. From what I've read, the added Energy Pack is based on the existing MB design but the rack itself is somehow a modified design from the Master Grade kit.

Hope that helps. :good:Ā 

Ā 

Regarding Knock Off, I found this picture a few minutes ago here.

Ā 

3 hours ago, doomgart said:

Thank you @no3LjmĀ so much! Your reply really helps me!

The detail you mentioned, I had found exactly that detail somewhere via google search, but without an official site.

Regarding Knock Off, I found this picture a few minutes ago here.

You're welcome! Glad to help.Ā :hi:

I, too, would love to have a Perfect Aile pack. But seeing it will take too much space towards the back of the figure, I'll probably just go with how Hacchaka did on his Strike. Have both hands hold the Launcher and the Sword. Or just do this setup instead. ;)Ā 

N2712114001001_006.jpg.bd5c9cce14c3285911de98fe390746bb.jpg

Hacchaka's review on Metal Robot Damashii DESTINY GUNDAM Spec II.

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52111148.html

Showing below the differences from the previous Destiny Gundam. (Spec II on the right.)

f27fdb84.jpg.9acb1a50a6d3ccfaada3ec627a0c3000.jpg

f3cd2400.jpg.972a7b1c64b9647bdfe9774f518af5e4.jpg

Ā 

And his review on Metal Robot Damashii S GUNDAM BOOSTER UNIT.

2024 Release -Ā https://hacchaka.net/archives/52110740.html

2018 Release -Ā https://hacchaka.net/archives/52032131.html

Ā Showing below the differences from the previous S Gundam release (2018). (2024 release on the right.)

58402638.jpg.1fffe125b8e39fee9f72ac67d9b1536f.jpg

The Gokin Perfect Strike part released the other day. It's sold out now.

Ā 

There is another way to do it though. All you need is the Strike and Astray backpack adapters and a screwdriver.

Ā 

You'll have to disassemble the parts to get them to fit but it seems simple enough.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by sjr

55 minutes ago, sjr said:

That was quick since I just browsed their site yesterday and the item wasnā€™t live yet. Anyways, since I wonā€™t be able to display it as Perfect Strike, Iā€™ll just display all of the packs in Standby Load Out mode. :good:Ā 

Hey! Thank you for your reply and interesting tips!

Spoiler

8 hours ago, sjr said:

Ā 

There is another way to do it though. All you need is the Strike and Astray backpack adapters and a screwdriver.

Ā 

You'll have to disassemble the parts to get them to fit but it seems simple enough.

Ā 

Ā 

I have only this old MB Astray Red Frame Kai and I don't remember such adapter there.

image.png.f7ab052e83a2c0e3c12c86347a6c802d.png

It seems like I need the MB Astray Red Frame Kai Alternative Strike Version. Probably such adapter may be included into another sets?Ā I really don't want to duplicate my Astray with almost the same figure.

Ā 

Spoiler
3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Metal Build Dragon Scale Knightmare Frame PURE ELEMENTAL GUREN (Code Geass: RozƩ of the Recapture)

cgpa_main.jpg.339863cf05ca5c43947742129166fb37.jpg

kaw0245.jpg.16b8e8bc1faad01dd88d00f08e5a02bc.jpg

001213vr3r3g9ltasbgul7.jpg

001214tig9469e3z0rk9rt.jpg

Ā 

After the original S.E.I.T.E.N. and the beautiful Albion this dark version looks strange to me.

Ā 

Now I have to agree with @68whiskey in terms of recoloring the same mold.

10 hours ago, doomgart said:

True. But this is not something new from Bandai nor from any other companies that spends a lot of money on R&D and creating molds. If they can max out the profit by using the same molds, why not? ;)Ā 

It's tiring to see the same thing but that's how business goes. Atleast with this 'repeated' stuff, if you're not interested, atleast you have the time to replenish your budget. :good:Ā 

21 hours ago, doomgart said:

Ā 

After the original S.E.I.T.E.N. and the beautiful Albion this dark version looks strange to me.

Ā 

Ā 

Man that looks fugly. Was thinking they'd do Shinkiro first...

Posted (edited)

Metal Structure RX-93 NU GUNDAM Armament Enhancement Plan Option Parts
January 2025 Release
August 2, 2024 Ā 4pm JST Preorder Starts
Y42000/Y46200
Tamashii Webshop Exclusive / P-Bandai

IMG_4352_1.jpg.fb20e688b1d293b31d79b80308f8c1d2.jpg
IMG_4352_2.jpg.1d919e59e2c6ac0c28aa57ca0f8c7335.jpg

Ā 

IMG_4353.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

Thanks, I must have not been able to find it on P bandai.

$380 + tax + ship is still rough with an inial $310 price :(

Ā 

Kinda hoping this ends up on Anime Export or something

Here's Japan's P-Bandai's link in case you're going to use a proxy:Ā https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000214172/

Might end up at Anime-Export too. Also look out for Hobby-Genki as well.Ā 

JST PO time starts at August 2, 2024 Ā 4pm. I edited my post above with the time. :good:Ā 

9 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Ok so is this a "P Bandai Only" type sale or can we expect to see it on other vendors sites?

Also What is the US time release for this?

Says 3am edt 8/2 on the site.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Does anyone know when the MB Zeta is expected to go up for preorder and where we would need to go to do so?

No specific info for now aside from the announcement and the actual figure display on the Festival event.

As always new infos will be posted here that's for sure. You can follow this thread so you'll get notifications for new posts.

Edited by no3Ljm

7 hours ago, lechuck said:

Next to the Guren, this was also was also showed off. Not sure if this is supposed to be Black Lancelot Albion or the Zero type.

MB2.jpeg

Based on the card it's Lancelot Albion Zero.

13 minutes ago, recon said:

Milking the molds for all its worth

FB_IMG_1723102722969.jpg

Nice. But I've run out of space on my MB shelf and I already have 8 variants of Setsuna's Suits. So pass for now.

What I want is Amuro's Suits in MB -- RX-78 and Nu. ;)Ā