4 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Maybe they stayed back a few grades...

With all the no tolerance rules for fighting in the California school system, they’ve probably been expelled a few times and had to start over. They’re gonna graduate in their fourties at this rate

31 minutes ago, Big s said:

With all the no tolerance rules for fighting in the California school system, they’ve probably been expelled a few times and had to start over. They’re gonna graduate in their fourties at this rate

Rather funny considering that every teenager in a number of teen related movies are in their late 20's. I mean Ralph Macchio was I think 20 or 21 when he did the first film and was shy of 28 in Part 3. 
Cobra Kai is 6 years old now, and. Mary Mouser who plays Daniel's daughter Sam is now 28. I think the only one who actually looked the right age was the scrawny little nerdy kid with glasses. 

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Maybe they should look into getting GED's at this rate? O.o

On 7/1/2024 at 6:35 AM, Big s said:

One dojo, two idiot masters, a bunch of angry horny kids and a whole lot of drama. Watch as they single handedly raise a rich neighborhood’s crime rate and lower their neighbors property values.

On 7/3/2024 at 12:54 PM, pengbuzz said:

CKParodyPoster.jpg.f880dbd7d449f3e153a71d43ba1cfb49.jpg

I like it. ;):good: 

image.jpeg.befd4298257f07ff3e80efbc2dc81092.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I started the new season and I'm not sure I'm feeling the show anymore. I've come this far, so I'll finish it out, but I'm definitely ready to be done with it.

31 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

I started the new season and I'm not sure I'm feeling the show anymore. I've come this far, so I'll finish it out, but I'm definitely ready to be done with it.

We watched three of the new episodes yesterday. I think it’ll get better, but for only being about half an hour each they really drag. There’s very little tension going on, but hints that things will happen soon. We’ll probably finish the rest of this batch today 

I binged all the new episodes in one night, easy considering they're barely 30 minutes each except the "final" fifth episode, and I like that there's specifically no tension right at the beginning of the series. After seasons of having each first episode being the fall-out of some crazy fight or home invasion, it was a nice change of pace to see the good guys just getting to chill for a few episodes. 

Spoiler

I definitely think one of Kreese's new kids is going to tie in with the 2025 movie, somehow. Definitely a few slow episodes, but they gotta build steam for part 2 and 3, which I still hate that they're doing, but it is what it is. I don't like that they're pitting Dimitri and Hawk against each other, honestly I feel the show brings up old rivalries too often, they just can't move on, Kenny is clearly going to jump back to Cobra Kai just like Tori, after his little spat with LaRusso Jr, just let it go with these rivalries. 

Five episodes was not enough, it went too fast and it was mostly build-up to part 2 coming in, what, October? Bummer overall, it was barely a tease, we won't be getting anything substantial until part 2. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Hide contents

I don't like that they're pitting Dimitri and Hawk against each other, honestly I feel the show brings up old rivalries too often,

Isn't that sort of a natural progression of their lives?  Hawk stepped out first and found a whole new world open to him; he says as much at the Frat Party, or after.  Dimitri assumed Hawk's interests wouldn't change; even though he clearly did a complete reimagination of himself. While Karate has been nothing more than a means to and end with some self discovery for Dimitri, he knows who he is and his goals haven't changed, broadened with more possibilities but not changed.  Hawk on the other hand went full reinvention of himself to the point of not recognizing who he had become; now with balance he is ready to attack\defend the world on his terms, not Dimitri's. 

47 minutes ago, Wolf-1 said:

Isn't that sort of a natural progression of their lives?  Hawk stepped out first and found a whole new world open to him; he says as much at the Frat Party, or after.  Dimitri assumed Hawk's interests wouldn't change; even though he clearly did a complete reimagination of himself. While Karate has been nothing more than a means to and end with some self discovery for Dimitri, he knows who he is and his goals haven't changed, broadened with more possibilities but not changed.  Hawk on the other hand went full reinvention of himself to the point of not recognizing who he had become; now with balance he is ready to attack\defend the world on his terms, not Dimitri's. 

Oh I get it, I just don't like it that they're at odds again, Dimitri will come around and realize he's being selfish, it's just, for now, the feud they are having is another one kind of stirred up from nothing. 

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Oh I get it, I just don't like it that they're at odds again, Dimitri will come around and realize he's being selfish, it's just, for now, the feud they are having is another one kind of stirred up from nothing. 

I get that feeling really heavily in this season. They resolved everything to the point that just about every bit of tension was completely gone by the third episode only to be artificially forced back to where we started. My other problem is that the first season felt more focused on Johnny Lawrence.  He actually seemed more interesting of a character than anyone else, but this season kinda feels like he’s been pushed to the sidelines and only acts to push other characters in awkward directions. Danny kinda took over with the last couple seasons a bit more and more with odd side stories and this season feels like it’s just more of that. And they’ve totally lost their balance again.

First couple of episodes were trippy because of how much everyone aged (in real life).

But I suspect

Spoiler

there will be a “own up to her cheating” moment with Devon.  And I suspect there will be a 2-vs-2 match where Dimitri and Hawk have to work out their differences.

Cheesy as always, but shows a lot of heart.  

Spoiler

Totally did Tory dirty though in the story.

But it is refreshing to see that the characters are all reacting exactly how you’d expect them to, once they found out about her mom’s death.

Spoiler
37 minutes ago, Mog said:

Totally did Tory dirty though in the story.

But it is refreshing to see that the characters are all reacting exactly how you’d expect them to, once they found out about her mom’s death.

I hated that bit. You’d think her boyfriend or friends would’ve checked up on her before leaving at some point. And ending the match and never talking at all is just cruel. 

Well,

Spoiler

the boyfriend was trying to text and call her.  

For all we know, maybe she wasn’t answering any of their calls after the called-off fight.

Takes two to communicate.

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Well,

Hide contents

the boyfriend was trying to text and call her.  

For all we know, maybe she wasn’t answering any of their calls after the called-off fight.

Takes two to communicate.

That’s true, but nobody stopped by to check on her. Not even the adults. They know she lives on her own due to this happening 

On 7/21/2024 at 10:23 PM, Duke Togo said:

Ditto.

5 hours ago, Mog said:

Cheesy as always, but shows a lot of heart.  

Definitely lots of cheesy scenes and cheesy acting. Sensei Johnny saying and doing dumb s*** used to be really funny but now it's gotten old. 

I think the only reason I'm still watching this is coz of nostalgia and to catch a glimpse of Mrs. LaRusso :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by m0n5t3r

7 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I watched the 1st 3 episodes of season 6 and I thought it was rather boring.

It’s tough to be interesting when every enemy is gone or friends. It does get a little more entertaining, but in very forced ways unfortunately. I think after I have time to forget these episodes, the next ones will be more fun.