Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Just give me a TV CF and I'll be happy until the bank account recovers. And just include the stupid missiles like they are doing on the upcoming Tamashi Nations VF-1J
Just include them already.

I'm hoping the fact that they're packing them in for once means they'll introduce a new packaging layout that leaves room for them going forward.

Otherwise, I kind of would have loved to see them paint the DX missiles to the same level as the HMRs.  I'm not entirely sure I really want them with the red fin sections, but they would at least add something more than the black stripe.

Just now, MKT said:

I just wonder if they make CF VF-1, will they include swappable heads for TV & Movie version like they did for HMR?

So far TV releases and DYRL have some different tampo markings. They would need to strip some off. 

18 minutes ago, Froy said:

So far TV releases and DYRL have some different tampo markings. They would need to strip some off. 

I don't even care about the tampo, I prefer the TV version in general.. just give us both heads, both pilots, and a swappable cockpit console.

39 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't even care about the tampo, I prefer the TV version in general.. just give us both heads, both pilots, and a swappable cockpit console.

You know what, I'm already in the same boat as you where I'm already thinking of just buying a DX DYRL Kaki VF-1A, get the head and slap a red sticker or paint on the arrows and ignore the modex number on the plane to have a decent DX Hikaru Super VF-1A, I would call it a day.

Now, if only DX DYRL Kaki VF-1A is soooo affordable. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You know what, I'm already in the same boat as you where I'm already thinking of just buying a DX DYRL Kaki VF-1A, get the head and slap a red sticker or paint on the arrows and ignore the modex number on the plane to have a decent DX Hikaru Super VF-1A, I would call it a day.

Now, if only DX DYRL Kaki VF-1A is soooo affordable. :rolleyes:

You make a good point.. I've got enough assorted copies of each of the releases so far to cobble together a Hikaru 1A between his 1S and a spare Kakizaki (the cockpit donor for my Roy DYRL kitbash).

They even gave us the decals to fix the tails. :p 

Really though, spare military numbering and lettering decals should be easy to come by, and it would probably be fairly trivial to actually fix all of the numbers as well, so long as you have the rest of the painted red parts from Hikaru's plane.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You make a good point.. I've got enough assorted copies of each of the releases so far to cobble together a Hikaru 1A between his 1S and a spare Kakizaki (the cockpit donor for my Roy DYRL kitbash).

They even gave us the decals to fix the tails. :p 

Really though, spare military numbering and lettering decals should be easy to come by, and it would probably be fairly trivial to actually fix all of the numbers as well, so long as you have the rest of the painted red parts from Hikaru's plane.

There you go. :good: 

Now, I'm looking forward to your kitbashed Hikaru Super VF-1A. If you're planning on doing it. ;)

Although this year has been eventful with VF-1 releases, 3 for 2024. Its sad that other then the Ostrich we got basically two remakes and one was a fantasy model, this year could have been better! but at least it was better then 2022 where we got nothing at all! Hope they hit us with something at the Tamashii event on the 15th of November, Still think the Elintseeker might be next!? and then get back to releasing new stuff in 2025! 🤔I'm also hope full to eventually getting a Cannon Fodder sometime soon...

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

There you go. :good: 

Now, I'm looking forward to your kitbashed Hikaru Super VF-1A. If you're planning on doing it. ;)

Hah, I don't know if I'll get that adventurous with it.  So far the only non-reversible change I've made is to repaint a Hikaru figure as Roy, and that's only because I don't need the extra figures for both of my VT-1s.

I haven't looked at the shape of the fuselage to make sure it works, but I think it should work to just snap the 1A head on a 1S and put stickers over the arrows, so I might do that, but I'm not going to be scraping off numbers and replacing them with decals any time soon.  I'm still hopeful we'll get an actual release, but even if we only get a Max 1S, I'll probably call the squad good.

Edited by Chronocidal

It is very frustrating that Bandai seems to be taking their sweet time. The most frustrating thing is that it wouldn’t take much to repaint a DYRL Kakizaki 1A into Max and Hikaru and a TV Max into Kakizaki and the cannon fodder. I broke down and commissioned someone to repaint a DYRL Hikaru 1S into Max 1S. I can’t stand waiting especially when I have holes on my shelf reserved. 

Hi everyone,

I'm an old time collector of Yamarto 1/48 VF-1 Valks...

After a 15 years long "dark age" I've seen the Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1s and I just fell in love.

I've noticed that all the DX VF-1 Valkyries are soldout and hard to find. Can someone please recommend where to buy them online, either new or used?

What about the amazing, upcoming 40th Anniversary VF-1S? Is there some way to buy it online even if it's a Tamashiiweb exclusive for Japan? (I'm from Italy).

Thank you so much and have a nice day!

3 minutes ago, BrokenValk said:

Hi everyone,

I'm an old time collector of Yamarto 1/48 VF-1 Valks...

After a 15 years long "dark age" I've seen the Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1s and I just fell in love.

I've noticed that all the DX VF-1 Valkyries are soldout and hard to find. Can someone please recommend where to buy them online, either new or used?

What about the amazing, upcoming 40th Anniversary VF-1S? Is there some way to buy it online even if it's a Tamashiiweb exclusive for Japan? (I'm from Italy).

Thank you so much and have a nice day!

Mandrake will probably be your best choice at the moment! you can get notification per email for the one you want!

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/list?keyword=dx chogokin&lang=en

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Hah, I don't know if I'll get that adventurous with it.  So far the only non-reversible change I've made is to repaint a Hikaru figure as Roy, and that's only because I don't need the extra figures for both of my VT-1s.

I haven't looked at the shape of the fuselage to make sure it works, but I think it should work to just snap the 1A head on a 1S and put stickers over the arrows, so I might do that, but I'm not going to be scraping off numbers and replacing them with decals any time soon.  I'm still hopeful we'll get an actual release, but even if we only get a Max 1S, I'll probably call the squad good.

Hahaha! :lol: Well, I'm just here waiting to appreciate it in case you decided to go for it. ;) 

But yeah, I'm still willing to wait for that Hikaru Super VF-1A. But if 10 years have passed since it's reveal back in 2019 and still nothing, I'll just hunt down a DYRL Kaki VF-1A or just ask someone who have it to send me photos of all angles and hire someone to 3D print it for me. That's it. :rolleyes: