Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

How nice of Bandai to pre-yellow it for us. Now we won't be disappointed ~5 years from now. Get the disappointment out of the way at the start!

Ha. Thought the same at first.

31 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think I bought an extra GBP Hikaru and I still have the launch version so I already own 2 too many of this paint scheme. 

I don't really mind having extras of this scheme, it just opens up alternate display options.

I just wish Bandai would.. you know..

They have teased exactly how many versions that we have seen nothing of since the original tease?  Seriously.  Just finish a line for once, Bandai.  I might even forgive you for abandoning Delta if you just give me the rest of DYRL Skull Squad, M&Ms, and finally give us a brownie VF-1A.

Same---still waiting for Max and Milia.  I refuse to buy any DX VF-1 before that.  Doesn't need a single new part, and can re-use 90% of the tampo printing. Just need new pilot names and modex numbers...

Hmm how to do a re-issue but make the tiniest of changes to not call it a re-issue?

On first impression, the base white looks very similar to Threezero’s weathering edition, except this doesn’t have any weathering. I do wonder why Bandai chose this shade of white..

2 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

If that's the gray we are getting i have a very bad feeling about this...kinda like Bandai will be reprinting all its VF-1 with his new grayish anime color...

Pure white more obvious yellowing right?

I hope with it coming with missiles they'll re-issue the missile pack too 🙏 They had pull out those molds.

I could understand just re-releasing the VF-1J with no missiles since they already were making the 50th variant version.

I think they got the gray right to mimic the Takatoku original release, but I sure as heck hope they consider selling this in BATTTROID mode, and with window cutouts
image.png.d7b8f4da5ecd5e8392719ff9eaeb32e1.png

We've seen they can sell this thing in battroid mode, and they can do windows, so lets make this happen Bandai!image.png.00bbdd3054d04c391e8f66c88c0e2d23.png

image.png.0943595fcdb30f9fdf035255ca01e541.png

8 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I think they got the gray right to mimic the Takatoku original release, but I sure as heck hope they consider selling this in BATTTROID mode, and with window cutouts
image.png.d7b8f4da5ecd5e8392719ff9eaeb32e1.png

-Snip-

We've seen they can sell this thing in battroid mode, and they can do windows, so lets make this happen Bandai!

It would be really cool if they used the old Takatoku stile packaging for this one!

It wouldn't make any sense from Bandai (if making sense is a Bandai thing) to change from white-grey to yellowish-grey given that TV series Valkyries where bright white. 

Yamato V.2. TV release were white.

Arcadia oddly changed the off-white from DYRL to a bright white when they released the Roy and Hikaru Strike VF-1S.

Bandai also opted to make the latest TV Hi Metal R variants bright white.

Edited by Froy

I don't believe it's meant to be any sort of representation of the valks from the show...it's a tip of the hat to directly to the takatoku first release vf1j and 40 years of vf1's

At least that is what I think of the new color scheme.