What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Any plans for the rest?

None as of yet. I have a few 1/72 YF-21's from hasegawa's older run . Unless this newer run impresses me w the fast packs, it will just languish in the box for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I haven't been charged for mine yet w hlj. Says in stock in 3-5 days. I preordered this thing, what the heck!

They fill pre-orders in the order received. So they must not have received enough stock to fill all pre-orders. You're in the queue waiting for 2nd batch delivery.

Pre-ordering is never a guarantee that you'll get your order on release date at HLJ these days.

I always try to pre-order as soon as something is posted, and this time fortunately I was early enough in the queue to get a batch 1 fulfillment of my order,

It's probably time to start thinking about requesting shipment for me - in addition to the YF-21 w/ booster, I have a plamax VF-1J battroid, VF-1J fighter, 2 VF-1A fighters, a Queadluun Rau Max, and a YF-19 battroid waiting to ship.

35 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

They fill pre-orders in the order received. So they must not have received enough stock to fill all pre-orders. You're in the queue waiting for 2nd batch delivery.

Pre-ordering is never a guarantee that you'll get your order on release date at HLJ these days.

Understood. But I've never had this issue before.  It's fine so long as it happens. I just got a shipment from hlj so this will sit in my private warehouse until the Plamax VF-1S battroid is released.

Edited by Bolt

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

I haven't been charged for mine yet w hlj. Says in stock in 3-5 days. I preordered this thing, what the heck!

I wouldn’t worry, unless it’s a Bandai product. Hasegawa and wave and pretty much everything else comes through. Bandai seems to have issues over there and some users have had problems with hlj and Bandai stuff for preorder. Personally hlj has always come through for me, but I’m definitely pushing things with their upcoming VF-22’s

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Understood. But I've never had this issue before.  It's fine so long as it happens. I just got a shipment from hlj so this will sit in my private warehouse until the Plamax VF-1S battroid is released.

I dunno. I have a pre-order on the Bandai fire valkyrie which is still unfulfilled to this day. I just think it's a good idea to investigate other sources and not place all reliance on HLJ these days.

50 minutes ago, Big s said:

I wouldn’t worry, unless it’s a Bandai product. Hasegawa and wave and pretty much everything else comes through. Bandai seems to have issues over there and some users have had problems with hlj and Bandai stuff for preorder. Personally hlj has always come through for me, but I’m definitely pushing things with their upcoming VF-22’s

Yeah. I've had no trouble getting Hasegawa, Wave, and Plamax stuff through HLJ. Normally get my pre-orders for that stuff filled on the first delivery.

53 minutes ago, Big s said:

I wouldn’t worry, unless it’s a Bandai product

4 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I dunno. I have a pre-order on the Bandai fire valkyrie which is still unfulfilled to this day. I just think it's a good idea to investigate other sources and not place all reliance on HLJ these days.

Woah i'm so glad i've pretty much grabbed all the Bandai/Gundam kits i would ever want years ago. 

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

As I’ve said, that’s more of a Bandai issue. The other companies are usually fine

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Woah i'm so glad i've pretty much grabbed all the Bandai/Gundam kits i would ever want years ago. 

Most of the Bandai stuff I want usually just turns out to be web exclusive items anyway. Some of the new Macross stuff is fun, but it’s pretty easy to get them when they pop up here 

Today begins the All-Japan Model Hobby Show in Tokyo. I was unable to save up money to attend like I could last year. My daughter is in high school now and it's so expensive. (Yet Japanese politicians wring their hands and wonder why the birth rate is plummeting...)

My friend who works for Hobby Japan will probably be there and he's a huge Macross fan too, but I don't know when/if he would be free to take a look around. My other friend who'll be there is Brian from Beaver (you may know him from the HLJ videos), but he's not into Macross, so he wouldn't know what's what really. He's big on Godzilla stuff and not really any anime.

I really hope we may see a prototype Glaug that's been 3D printed or something. Or something new from Crusher Jor or Dirty Pair...

On 10/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, KOG Water Dragon said:

They're teasing me with that Miria super battroid. But still no Max.

I got a feeling that it’s coming soon. They probably want people to buy up the Miria ones first since Max is usually more popular as far as Valkyrie’s. They took a bit after her Queadluun Rau before the Max recolor, but it happened