What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh....

I wasn't going to get one of these...but damn if that doesn't look good!

Most of this should be a new tooling...except perhaps for the non-limb parts.  The original VF-0 kits started coming out 20 years ago and it shows compared to newer releases.

Speaking of:

Hasegawa brings us a 1/72-scale model kit of Roy Focker's VF-0S from "Macross Zero" in Gerwalk mode, equipped with a Ghost Booster! The parts are a combination of new plastic parts, and some existing parts from the Fighter and Battroid modes. This model is tail-heavy, so you'll need to use the included Macross stand to display it; it can be shown off in a hovering pose. Please note that this kit cannot be assembled into normal Gerwalk model without the Ghost Booster. Additional parts are included for the intake and knee joints, the underside of the fuselage, the shoulder, the nose landing gear cover, the detailed inside of the vector nozzle, and the stand attachment. New decals are included for the Joint Space Forces Skull Platoon, Roy Focker's machine 301. Order yours today!

Mighty kind of them to include a copy of their Macross display stand. I would have thought they would include just their usual three-part clear stand, but on second thought, that stand barely lifts the VF-1 Gerwalk off the ground; it wouldn't have been adequate for the VF-0.

4 hours ago, Thom said:

I think some industrious modeller should be able to do it, esp it they have the fighter mode kit in the stash if they need to take some parts.

If they had a scrap battroid, they could just use that back section for the most of it. Or maybe just recast those parts if they got the resources or wait a few months until hasegawa releases it without the ghost, cause they’re gonna milk it

2 hours ago, Big s said:

If they had a scrap battroid, they could just use that back section for the most of it. Or maybe just recast those parts if they got the resources or wait a few months until hasegawa releases it without the ghost, cause they’re gonna milk it

Counting on it. Please Hasegawa, don't disappoint. (and I'm still waiting for a VF-1J Max Super Battroid to match the Miria release)

HI-METAL R VF-0A PHOENIX(SHIN KUDO USE) + QF-2200D-B GHOST | TAMASHII WEB

HI-METAL R VF-0D Phoenix (Shin Kudo Machine) | TAMASHII WEB

12 hours ago, Thom said:

I think some industrious modeller should be able to do it, esp it they have the fighter mode kit in the stash if they need to take some parts.

The problem with that kit though is that piece of the back pack is molded into the rear portion of the upper fuselage. It's not a separate piece like the VF1s. A really sharp razor and some sand paper may do the trick though. I guess a battroid kit may work though...

Edited by scand

17 hours ago, scand said:

The problem with that kit though is that piece of the back pack is molded into the rear portion of the upper fuselage. It's not a separate piece like the VF1s. A really sharp razor and some sand paper may do the trick though. I guess a battroid kit may work though...

I was thinking perhaps a jeweler's saw?

A fighter mode kit would require some modding. A battroid mode kit would also require some modding. You wouldn't have to fold the backpack, but you would have to contend with the transformed forward fuselage. No matter how you tackle it, you'll have to cut SOMETHING with a saw to make the mod work. May as well just cut up the kit you get in the box and save yourself $20.

I imagine Hasegawa will issue a standalone Gerwalk kit in the future with the necessary new parts.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:28 AM, Big s said:

Box art for MaxIMG_2702.jpeg.5a4e531d3d58cbd9469dc41f899432ab.jpegright above the hasegawa logo is a dude that just lost his leg.

hope that’s the next kit, with all limbs of course 

I wonder if that means they’ll be doing the male power armour next? That would be great!

8 hours ago, Urashiman said:

Just saw this on 1999. The whole original buttom fuselage cover is replaced by the new cover with the fast pack molded onto it.

11101899z6.jpg

That's different. 
I'm only getting these for the fold booster ^_^