What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Those are interesting schemes. With the white background, it's hard to get a good idea just how they will look. But i get the idea ;)

I usually prefer custom schemes, will undoubtedly be doing that to one of my Rau's . 
Finally just shipped my Max Rau, YF-19 Battroid and Plamax VF-1J. The shipping was ouch...<_<

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Urashiman said:

New stuff!

IMG_1171.jpeg.748dd542a7275af9293295ef2a74cd05.jpeg

Unexpected.

I wonder if there's hope for gerwalks of their other 1/72 subjects. YF-19, YF-21, VF-11, VF-25, VF-31, etc. But of course the near future will probably bring a string of VF-0 gerwalk variations. Interested to see if they can do VF-0A or VF-0D gerwalk.

The 1/48 YF-19 with fast packs is a little less surprising, and also a little less interesting. But I guess easy for them to do since they have done the fast pack parts recently in 1/72. Makes me wonder if they'll re-release the 1/48 yet again with a fold booster later on. I'm kinda interested in seeing the 1/48 fast packs kit painted up in an alternate squadron scheme.

7 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Unexpected.

I wonder if there's hope for gerwalks of their other 1/72 subjects. YF-19, YF-21, VF-11, VF-25, VF-31, etc. But of course the near future will probably bring a string of VF-0 gerwalk variations. Interested to see if they can do VF-0A or VF-0D gerwalk.

The 1/48 YF-19 with fast packs is a little less surprising, and also a little less interesting. But I guess easy for them to do since they have done the fast pack parts recently in 1/72. Makes me wonder if they'll re-release the 1/48 yet again with a fold booster later on. I'm kinda interested in seeing the 1/48 fast packs kit painted up in an alternate squadron scheme.

I’d guess battroids would be first and then eventually gerwalks

3 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Very true. We just got the YF-19 battroid so maybe a gerwalk is feasible a little down the road.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I think that as long as there’s an interest in the battroid mode, they’ll do the more risky gerwalk of each of these. And Hasegawa loves to milk a mold, so we’ll probably see some vf-0 stuff then vf19/ YF19 items and they’ll hopefully go through their extensive catalog. I’d like to see an armored VF-11 one day

51 minutes ago, Big s said:

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I think that as long as there’s an interest in the battroid mode, they’ll do the more risky gerwalk of each of these. And Hasegawa loves to milk a mold, so we’ll probably see some vf-0 stuff then vf19/ YF19 items and they’ll hopefully go through their extensive catalog. I’d like to see an armored VF-11 one day

I'm a little surprised they haven't done more with the VF-1 gerwalk, to be honest. I would have liked to see alternate livery versions like they've done with the fighters. Had also hoped for VE-1/VT-1 gerwalks.

An armored VF-11 battroid would be really nice, but I'd like an armored VF-31 even more. But we need the plain VF-31 battroid first.

Well...at least they aren't abandoning 1/48.  Still hoping for something new in that scale like a VF-0 or VF-11.  A VF-25 would be a dream.

The YF-19 fast packs are nice...but I've already got 2 of those to build as is.

7 hours ago, geck said:

Well...at least they aren't abandoning 1/48.  Still hoping for something new in that scale like a VF-0 or VF-11.  A VF-25 would be a dream.

The YF-19 fast packs are nice...but I've already got 2 of those to build as is.

I've got 3 (vanilla, Lightnings, Ravens) but I'd gladly take another if they released their Dullahans version in 1/48.

My primary hope for next all-new 1/48 fighter kit would be YF-21 to pair with the YF-19. Anything else after that is welcome. VF-0, VF-25, and VF-31 all make sense since they can be milked as several variants. But imagine the shelf space needed to display all 4 main VF-25s or all 5 main VF-31s...

1/48 VF-0 would be fun but I'd mostly be interested if they did VF-0A or VF-0D.

I do wonder if VF-11 is popular enough and milkable enough to warrant a 1/48. Thought a 1/48 Super VF-11 would be really cool.

Edited by KOG Water Dragon

It's certainly well past time we got a 1/48 YF-21, considering how long the YF-19 has been around. Granted the YF-19 is a much more popular Macross YF/VF, but it's really a good time to finally add the 21. 
And considering how many different VF-11 variants Hasegawa has released, I'm hoping they do jump on the batroid version soon. The armored version would be super cool. 
I see Mercy Rabbit is doing the art for the VF-0S gerwalk. Should be good. 

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

With the YF-19 fast packs coming in 1/48 I REALLY really really really really really really want that YF-21 in 1/48. Plus they can recycle the molds for the VF-22 *huffs hopium*

I'm right there with you, but considering how many re-issues we've seen of the YF-19 since it released, I'm really thinking they just can't financially justify making the YF-21 in 1/48.  I'll remain hopeful, especially considering the anniversary year, but I'm just not really expecting anything this far along.

blaaaaaaaaaaaah  can we just get a new  1/48 already. Seriously  the 1/48s  are usually the same price  as some of the bulkier  1/72  models here...so its not like  its a money loss

Its a crime we dont have  the  11 and 21 in scale. Especially considering the number of variations that can be gotten out of em...but i guess we havnt even gotten many of the 19 variants either.

As for 1/72 i really wanna see the rest of The Ride variations

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

Actually, I'd love to see a diorama of the SDF-1 Bridge (both SDFM and DYRL versions).  Just the part where Global, Misa and the rest of the bridge bunnies are, I think that would be a good one at say, 1/72. Big enough for some serious detail but not too large to take up a ton of room.

Edited by pengbuzz

4 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Actually, I'd love to see a diorama of the SDF-1 Bridge (both SDFM and DYRL versions).  Just the part where Global, Misa and the rest of the bridge bunnies are, I think that would be a good one at say, 1/72. Big enough for some serious detail but not too large to take up a ton of room.

I'm pretty sure I've seen here where one of our esteemed fellow modellers did do a bridge dio. It was pretty neat!

This might be the first Hasegawa box art I really don't care for. I don't think it's the most flattering angle for the YF-21, even if it's rendered well. And the bright acid green background isn't super exciting or visually appealing. Sorry, this is one I wouldn't want a poster for. Unlike a lot of the others.

4 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

This might be the first Hasegawa box art I really don't care for. I don't think it's the most flattering angle for the YF-21, even if it's rendered well. And the bright acid green background isn't super exciting or visually appealing. Sorry, this is one I wouldn't want a poster for. Unlike a lot of the others.

I think it works pretty well for the fold effect, but I do think other boxes have more dynamic pictures, just this one serves the purpose well for what it’s trying to convey

17 hours ago, Big s said:

I think it works pretty well for the fold effect, but I do think other boxes have more dynamic pictures, just this one serves the purpose well for what it’s trying to convey

Sure it conveys what it's trying to convey. I just think the overall sickly green is hard to look at and I prefer the art for the yf-19 w/ fold booster.

image.png

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Might be worthwhile to paint the internal parts of the fold booster with glow paint (the kind you leave in the light so it absorbs it and glows when the lights are off).

Would be interesting in a black light as well. It would definitely fit the Macross hippie vibe