This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

4 hours ago, Dark Skull said:

Though these days, I would think 3Z might do Axoid 1: because they're "Robotech", and 2...they've already got molds for the 1J so it'd just be an easy repaint for them.

The real trick would be in mounting the legs backwards ๐Ÿ™ƒ

6 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

The real trick would be in mounting the legs backwards ๐Ÿ™ƒ

ย 

4 hours ago, Radioguy said:

They don't need to go that far. ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

Well, they can make it real easy to take apart the legs so that you could mount it on backwards. Maybe a few screws, no glue used or anything, and just some extra steps in the instructionsย :lol:

3 hours ago, Dark Skull said:

ย 

ย 

Well, they can make it real easy to take apart the legs so that you could mount it on backwards. Maybe a few screws, no glue used or anything, and just some extra steps in the instructionsย :lol:

Stop sabotaging my dreams. ThreeZero or KitzConcept could be reading this!

On 8/20/2024 at 9:37 PM, BlueMax said:

So my standard copy came today, after removing the outer wrapping, this is what the shipping box looks like:

Box Opening

Opening the lid reveals:

ย Box Opening

I was not so lucky...ย ๐Ÿ™

roughed-up.jpg.656ac01488ce283743e87f6ad5f3b6ee.jpg

The outer box was banged-up pretty good, and the rectangular box inside was worse.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

bangedup.jpg.82e73508328c6fcf9fdce1dddf59db1e.jpg

Heads-up for those of you who ordered Fugu FG-01 Jetfire from ShowZ:

bentup.jpg.574c8ba7409ebfc0f7ead2243bcb5b1e.jpg

Their flimsy box may not protect the packaging.ย ๐Ÿ˜’

crumpled.jpg.9c1d918fbcf2356cd001f50716eeccb9.jpg

And then there's the inexplicable condition the instructions came in:

instructions.jpg.d22371a94d21df7056705ce2acb9e7a1.jpg

I have no idea how that happened.ย ๐Ÿ˜ณ

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

The outer box was banged-up pretty good, and the rectangular box inside was worse.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Yikes!

I've never had something go so wrong with them. I hope they resolve that! (They have more stock)

1 hour ago, BlueMax said:

Oh man... they grossly over estimated the durability of the shipping box....

They shipped that one in the original shipper. Thats insane.

I've bought items from them before, and they have packed brown-boxed items from the mfgr. in their own shipping boxes, so this seems an exception to me.

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Ouch....have you contacted the customer service of whoever you ordered it from?

Unlike most of you, I'm very pleased with Jetfire's UN Spacy branding.ย  The scheme fits quite well with my various Yamato VFs.

oddballVFs.jpg.9452f149b6266e8aabf3e56e8ff58cd4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dark Skull said:

Ouch....have you contacted the customer service of whoever you ordered it from?

Show.Z has been informed.ย  I'll let you know how they respond.

3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

As long as the figure itself isn't damaged. The box itself getting a little beat up will actually make it look more like my Jetfire's box.

The figure's fine, which may actually hurt my chances of getting a replacement...ย ๐Ÿค”

"Like, you just want us to send you an empty box...?"ย ๐Ÿคจ

5 hours ago, Radioguy said:

I've bought items from them before, and they have packed brown-boxed items from the mfgr. in their own shipping boxes, so this seems an exception to me.

Perhaps their policy is different when shipping to Japanese customers.ย  I regularly get third-party Transformers from them exactly as they get them from the manufacturer, excepting the Show.Z plastic wrap with the shipping labels attached.ย  I've never seen a Show.Z branded box... and often there's no brown-boxed shipper at all.

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Unlike most of you, I'm very pleased with Jetfire's UN Spacy branding.ย  The scheme fits quite well with my various Yamato VFs.

oddballVFs.jpg.9452f149b6266e8aabf3e56e8ff58cd4.jpg

ย 

Well, how happy you are with the default markings depends on whether you are viewing it from a Macross fan POV, or a TF fan's. I mean, there are TF fans (who likely only has a vague idea of Macross) who wanted this to be so G1 accurate that they were unhappy with, and questioning, the inclusion of the heatshield when the G1 toy had none.

3 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

Well, how happy you are with the default markings depends on whether you are viewing it from a Macross fan POV, or a TF fan's. I mean, there are TF fans (who likely only has a vague idea of Macross) who wanted this to be so G1 accurate that they were unhappy with, and questioning, the inclusion of the heatshield when the G1 toy had none.

I was a fan of the original Jetfire toy before I realized it came from the 1/55 Chunkies. Being a fan of both, of course I would not have minded if it was "G1 accurate" but...knowing it's a KO of a 1/60 valk? I don't mind the Macross markings so much. Personally, I thought about the work it'd take to make it so, but then I got lazy and decided that whenever mine comes in, I'm going to leave it as it :Dย 

On 8/21/2024 at 4:22 AM, Radioguy said:

Yeah, I own it, but the 1A head looks wrong when I first encountered the image of a camo valk, and even a 1D, both as shown on the Revell box art. First impressions, ya know?

But, I would lay money down now for a TZ Axoid! That scheme is a holy grail for me.

Problem is, those schemes are Revell conceptions, not IMAI, nor anyone else. I mean they got the legs on backwards in those pics! Also, it was from before HG had ROBOTECH as a license to defend, so I don't know if it reverts to them, or somehow stays with Revell. Could be some entanglement there.

Still, be it kit or toy, I believe the Revell versions were the first SDF era valks to be released in the states that weren't imported Japan retail kits. Honoring these schemes as part of the beginning of the ROBOTECH brand would make sense...to me, at least.

3z revell deco/named veritechs (so strange to type that out) would be great, yes even their roy wannabe vexar, but orbot and axoid would be priority! Loved those kits as a kid even if I didn't paint them, the boxart photos lived in my head for so long.ย  I would put them right next to this not Jetfire coming out.ย  Speaking of which someone need to do a label set to complete his look.ย 

21 hours ago, tekering said:

Yay, someone who shares my sentiment! Glad you're happy with the markings. Great photo, it looks gorgeous!

Damn I'm looking forward to this...mine can't get here soon enough!

On 8/25/2024 at 2:12 AM, tekering said:

ย 

CRXmRZr.gif.4161beffa7d138b91ca5c21f520e0cb2.gif.e56a48402266bca0fa45823a8e4fcb21.gif

Edited by treatment

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

3z revell deco/named veritechs (so strange to type that out) would be great, yes even their roy wannabe vexar, but orbot and axoid would be priority! Loved those kits as a kid even if I didn't paint them, the boxart photos lived in my head for so long.ย  I would put them right next to this not Jetfire coming out.ย  Speaking of which someone need to do a label set to complete his look.ย 

They still live in my head. I'd really love to know who the photographer was, because there was lots of worldbuilding in their pics. Their Fang Of The Sun Dougram kit shoots all had their own environments too. Would make for a great photobook if they were all compiled like Toho filmbooks.

29 minutes ago, treatment said:

ย 

CRXmRZr.gif.4161beffa7d138b91ca5c21f520e0cb2.gif.e56a48402266bca0fa45823a8e4fcb21.gif

I laughed, but then I cried.

54 minutes ago, treatment said:

ย 

This might be a meme posted as a joke, but this is mild compared to how packages are actually handled.ย  I have seen worse than this first hand at UPS on a regular basis.ย  I used to have to go to the local distro center to pick up my packages, and they always had the door open to the loading docks.ย  I'd see stuff falling off the conveyors, boxes all over the floor, and worst of all, they loaded the semis by literally throwing the packages WORSE than this GIF depicts into the back of the trailer like they were practicing for olympic shotput.ย ย 

3 hours ago, Pontus said:

This might be a meme posted as a joke, but this is mild compared to how packages are actually handled.ย  I have seen worse than this first hand at UPS on a regular basis.ย  I used to have to go to the local distro center to pick up my packages, and they always had the door open to the loading docks.ย  I'd see stuff falling off the conveyors, boxes all over the floor, and worst of all, they loaded the semis by literally throwing the packages WORSE than this GIF depicts into the back of the trailer like they were practicing for olympic shotput.ย ย 

Someone on TFW2005 got theirs and, while (thankfully) nowhere as bad as some of the boxes received in this thread, it was another one from ShowZ that had damage. They were in Ohio.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/fugu-model-fg-01-god-of-flame-1-60-jetfire.1252186/page-31#post-22638708

7 hours ago, danth said:

Yay, someone who shares my sentiment! Glad you're happy with the markings.

Macross FTW!ย :good:

color-coded.jpg.e2f4c3ffd73db54a04f58f0c0a70431a.jpg

I gave Jetfire an appropriately-colored pilot.ย โ˜บ๏ธ

ย 

I think the only thing that bugs me about it being just a custom VF-1 is the upper intakes being red, which isย completelyย an "I'm 6 years old, I have a marker, and I'm not afraid to use it" sort of detail. :lol:ย ย 

I did convince myself to get both versions, so I might take each in the opposite direction.ย  Clean up one to look like a normal VF-1 (very minimal), and tweak the other to be fully Jetfire.

48 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I think the only thing that bugs me about it being just a custom VF-1 is the upper intakes being red, which isย completelyย an "I'm 6 years old, I have a marker, and I'm not afraid to use it" sort of detail. :lol:

I could see the vertical facet of the intake looking better in black, but the bottom should stay red. I'm sure at 6 years old I would have decided the same. ;)

3 hours ago, Radioguy said:

I could see the vertical facet of the intake looking better in black, but the bottom should stay red.

Way ahead of you, guy.ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

intakefix.jpg.f1304760d6a4d66c9266b5d35395f692.jpg

It's an easy fix.ย ๐Ÿ‘