This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

10 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

not enough tampo, i will wait for the premium finish 

You may joke, but, if I had to pick out QC issues visually, aside from lack of screwcaps, the paint is a little flat in those photos. A latter repaint might be warranted.

49 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I would totally buy just a couple of boxes. :lol:

Looks like ShowZ is sold out on these now!

As of this moment, the deluxe is back in stock. The standard is sold out. (Oddly enough, the opposite was the case last night)

https://showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-deluxe-version_p5471.html

https://showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-standard-version_p5470.html

Also, since this is still a preorder at the moment, you get second set of transparent mechanic-style covers in red. If this comes into stock later, it seems those are not included. (True for deluxe and standard at ShowZ at least).

Edited by Radioguy

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

You may joke, but, if I had to pick out QC issues visually, aside from lack of screwcaps, the paint is a little flat in those photos. A latter repaint might be warranted.

As of this moment, the deluxe is back in stock. The standard is sold out. (Oddly enough, the opposite was the case last night)

https://showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-deluxe-version_p5471.html

https://showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-standard-version_p5470.html

Also, since this is still a preorder at the moment, you get second set of transparent mechanic-style covers in red. If this comes into stock later, it seems those are not included. (True for deluxe and standard at ShowZ at least).

but there's no strike cannon:unsure: with either edition, 

pre-order cancelled!  

10 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

but there's no strike cannon:unsure: with either edition, 

pre-order cancelled!  

Count on you to make a 12-month callback

Yes, I still want that...not cancelling though.

10 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

^_^ post some pics when your pre-order get sent out. 

i'm sure the quality of it will be better than Bandai's recent two DX offerings

Ugh. That would indeed be embarrassing.

That really is a crazy mashup, but I don't totally hate it. Like the VF-17 on the last page, there's some charm in that sort of thing. The 1/55 illustration on the box and Spacy markings definitely fall into that 'huh?' category, but I think that they should go further and put, like, Amuro Ray on the box or something too.

Screwcaps probably won't be included, as the Valkyrie Factory ones didn't have them either.

2 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

That really is a crazy mashup, but I don't totally hate it. Like the VF-17 on the last page, there's some charm in that sort of thing. The 1/55 illustration on the box and Spacy markings definitely fall into that 'huh?' category, but I think that they should go further and put, like, Amuro Ray on the box or something too.

Screwcaps probably won't be included, as the Valkyrie Factory ones didn't have them either.

Not sure which screwcaps you might be thinking of, since I don't think the original Yamato ever even had any.  All they did for the PF releases was put little paper stickers over them. :p 

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Not sure which screwcaps you might be thinking of, since I don't think the original Yamato ever even had any.  All they did for the PF releases was put little paper stickers over them. :p 

That was in reference to something that Radioguy posted on the last page. Never owned a V2 myself personally.

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I wasn't specific about the type of screwcap, but paper or plastic stickers are indeed screwcaps of a kind. I wasn't expecting plugs.

I only commented in the vein of what fault could be found visually from the photos, and the bare screwheads on the legs are a tad unsightly.

By the way, the most recent post from the Baidu thread that leaked the box is...

米国超时空要塞论坛的鬼子都闻着味来了 声明援引自贴吧 笑死

Which translates as:

"The devils on the Macross forum in the United States have all smelled the smell and the statement is quoted from Tieba. It's so funny"

(Tieba is a Baidu app)

Apropos:

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

By the way, the most recent post from the Baidu thread that leaked the box is...

Which translates as:

"The devils on the Macross forum in the United States have all smelled the smell and the statement is quoted from Tieba. It's so funny"

(Tieba is a Baidu app)

Apropos:

Devils? So, which smells are those in the US supposed to be smelling? Does it mean we have taken the bait? We need a shower? The cross cultural nuisances can be so confusing. I’m just waiting for the release date on this FUGU God of Flame VF-1S from ShowZstore.

Twich

18 minutes ago, twich said:

Looks like this maybe in stock at ShowZstore? I have never ordered from them, so I have no clue. 
Twich

They are my go to store. Amazing customer service. I've been buying consistently from them since 2017. They can be a little slower, but that's also probably because they have a huge and loyal customer base so they have lot of work to do. However, given how prominent they are, they have some pull when it comes to getting replacement parts from the manufacturers and factories. They will even help you get replacement parts for figures that you didn't buy from them. I recommend them enthusiastically.

Edited by rasky

I actually forgot about this until I got a notice from ShowZ to pay the balance on the one I preordered forever ago.  I'll take pics and write a review here, but 1) that review will be in the Unlicensed Third Party Transformers thread in the Anime and Science Fiction section of the boards, because 2) I have no other Valks to compare it, but I'll probably compare it with the Siege Commander-class Jetfire.

57 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I actually forgot about this until I got a notice from ShowZ to pay the balance on the one I preordered forever ago.  I'll take pics and write a review here, but 1) that review will be in the Unlicensed Third Party Transformers thread in the Anime and Science Fiction section of the boards, because 2) I have no other Valks to compare it, but I'll probably compare it with the Siege Commander-class Jetfire.

I paid for this all from the start, but haven’t received any word as to availability or shipping. Also Australia to US, says 15-25 business days to ship and receive. So I’m hoping by October.

Twich

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Heh. Well, considering this is likely from Valkyrie Factory, or is a copy of it, this would be the right thread for it. It's certainly not a KO of a Takatoku 1/55, which I guess could kinda fit in the unlicensed 3P thread if it were in JF colors (although this generally would still remain the thread for Takatoku KOs). Plus, the only thing connecting the Fugu to Siege JF are the colors white and red, so this thread would still seem the ideal place.

Still, wherever you decide to post it, I look forward to reading it. I know you'll take some great pics. :)

1 hour ago, tekering said:

ShinGojirameme.jpg.8bd3bc3427c4ac4b61331ddf46742b72.jpg

I didn't get into Macross until I was in college, and importing Macross toys back then was difficult and far too expensive for my meager budget, so I just never got into it. Every now and then and think about it as I still really love the older VF designs (post Frontier, not as much), but I don't even know where to start. 

Transformers hits different for me. It came out during my foundational years, and I only saw my dad on weekends so Optimus Prime was my make role model. They're also (mostly) cheaper. 

10 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Heh. Well, considering this is likely from Valkyrie Factory, or is a copy of it, this would be the right thread for it. It's certainly not a KO of a Takatoku 1/55, which I guess could kinda fit in the unlicensed 3P thread if it were in JF colors (although this generally would still remain the thread for Takatoku KOs). Plus, the only thing connecting the Fugu to Siege JF are the colors white and red, so this thread would still seem the ideal place.

Still, wherever you decide to post it, I look forward to reading it. I know you'll take some great pics. :)

Like, I know the G1 Jetfire was a Valk, but I'm approaching GoF as an updated G1 toy rather than a new(ish?) Valkyrie toy that happens to be painted like G1 Jetfire.

If it helps with the comparison, I'm seriously thinking about dropping $300 on a slightly yellowed but otherwise complete with box copy of the G1 toy...

9 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

If it helps with the comparison, I'm seriously thinking about dropping $300 on a slightly yellowed but otherwise complete with box copy of the G1 toy...

...yeah.  I did it.

15 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

...yeah.  I did it.

I had one slip through my fingers as a kid, and haven't had another since. I would like to own it too, and a few other 1/55s as well, but budget is such I prioritize DX > Arcadia > Yamato, and have to see where TZ fits in that mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I love how this looks. It's a mashup. It's a Jetfire Valkyrie. I think of it as taking the Matsushiro Jetfire a little bit further into Macross territory.

That said I admit it doesn't make much sense that the box is 100% Transformers and the toy printing is 100% Macross. But that makes it weirder in a way that sort of makes sense for a bootleg.

Since Jetfire was my first Valkyrie (and only Valk as a kid -- I knew what it was and never had a real Macross valk until adulthood), this is so cool to me. It sort of retcons my childhood Jetfire into a Macross valk. 

Yeah, I'd be more inclined to buy it if it was "blank" or more Autobot-esque markings---no diamond kite, no skulls, no UN SPACY.  To get "proper" Autobot colors, will take more than just some insignia stickers---you'll need to repaint some areas.    Could be just me, but the white skulls on the red tailfins seem especially odd---like, you gotta have a black background for white skulls.  They are the #1 thing I think "it'd look better if they'd left them off".   

Yeah, I'm fully intending to just repaint several parts of this one.  Probably cover up the kites and skulls, and repaint the tails as a solid stripe of red.

It's fun for what it is though.  If I'm totally honest, I'm getting it mostly for the molded red fast packs.  If the quality of the valk itself is lacking, I've got a few of the unbuilt VF-1 kits I could make into a full Jetfire.

I was thinking similarly---red FAST packs alone are almost worth it.  A Hikaru DYRL VF-1S was never that far off to customize, especially if you used some bits from a Hikaru TV 1J.  But "completely repainting every bit of dark blue-grey-green FAST packs into bright red" is difficult for most anybody, especially if you want it to survive more than one removal of them.   

25 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Yeah. Red fast pack sold me most, I have to admit. GITD mechanic covers too.

Still looking forward to at least Valk Factory quality on the figure, though.

I'm in it for the deco. And to see how well this compares to the KC version.

56 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Yeah. Red fast pack sold me most, I have to admit. GITD mechanic covers too.

Still looking forward to at least Valk Factory quality on the figure, though.

I could be wrong, but I think the translucent pieces are supposed to be black light reactive as opposed to glow in the dark. I think many of us would be hesistant to shine black light on our valks for an extended period of time, or any time at all, given concerns about UV and yellowing.

1 hour ago, WhatBoutMyStar said:

I could be wrong, but I think the translucent pieces are supposed to be black light reactive as opposed to glow in the dark. I think many of us would be hesistant to shine black light on our valks for an extended period of time, or any time at all, given concerns about UV and yellowing.

Yes, from the videos, you need black light to create the effect.