2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Dunno....Lucasfilm these days seems hellbent on pretending people like everything they do

Not according to Iger's recent comments.  Plus Mutt is gone due to the backlash that film received (no official word on that I ever heard but if that movie had done better or Mutt had been better received I firmly believe we would have seen more of him) and that film did better then this one.

35 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Not according to Iger's recent comments.  Plus Mutt is gone due to the backlash that film received (no official word on that I ever heard but if that movie had done better or Mutt had been better received I firmly believe we would have seen more of him) and that film did better then this one.

Well I'll tell you what they did to that character, regardless of it being Shia's fault as an individual or whatever, they still did that character dirty and I'm a bit pissed about that.

I also watched the Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford tribute that came out....it just made me feel really bad. I think if Speilberg had directed it this probably would been a little bit better, but Marigold and Ford apparently didn't have the best relationship but did their best. At the same time there's a lot spoken there that this IS Ford's last time being Indiana, and even Speilberg saying, with him gone, the franchise should just be put to an end, never bring it back, don't reboot it. This and so many popular or beloved franchises I strongly agree with. Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Terminator, just to name a few....Actors and directors made those movies what they were and to continue them when those people don't want too or can't, just stop, don't bother. 

• 7 months later...

I know this topic has been in sleep mode for months, but I finally saw this movie. I subscribed to watch The Acolyte might as well see this movie too. Only halfway through it. The CGI is terrible. I understand the need to put a CGI Harrison Ford's face on a stuntman riding a horse. What I don't understand why they need CGI the street behind them when Indy, his god daughter and her sidekick are driving in that buggy. The chase is over. They're just cruising and talking about what they're going to do next. It looks so fake. Why couldn't they just have another car tow their buggy down a real street? Wouldn't it cost less than CGI and look more real? Disney isn't just using CGI for stunts, and the fantastical. They're using it for the most mundane things. No wonder why everything Disney touches looks so bad. I watched The Marvels too. lt all looks like crap.

6 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Why couldn't they just have another car tow their buggy down a real street? Wouldn't it cost less than CGI and look more real?

I had exactly the same response to seeing Furiosa -- most of which is set in the open desert, for chrissake -- and yet, they felt the need to fake so much of it...

ScreenShot2024-07-06at10_23_24PM.png.c9425dd327b4e488162aaef30086e058.png

A '60 Star Trek set would've looked more convincing (and at a fraction of the cost of this lousy CGI composite).

It's an even bigger disappointment than Dial of Destiny, really, since Indiana Jones had already screwed the pooch with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... whereas Fury Road had done so much for real.  Who would've expected the sequel to look more like a video game than a film? 😒

11 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I know this topic has been in sleep mode for months, but I finally saw this movie. I subscribed to watch The Acolyte might as well see this movie too. Only halfway through it. The CGI is terrible. I understand the need to put a CGI Harrison Ford's face on a stuntman riding a horse. What I don't understand why they need CGI the street behind them when Indy, his god daughter and her sidekick are driving in that buggy. The chase is over. They're just cruising and talking about what they're going to do next. It looks so fake. Why couldn't they just have another car tow their buggy down a real street? Wouldn't it cost less than CGI and look more real? Disney isn't just using CGI for stunts, and the fantastical. They're using it for the most mundane things. No wonder why everything Disney touches looks so bad. I watched The Marvels too. lt all looks like crap.

Cg tends to actually be cheaper than flying actors and crew to a location. Then they have to do stage set up at the location. There’s also the issue of scheduling. It’s easier to get a bunch of Hollywood folks on an undressed blue screen soundstage than working out months of prep to do the real deal.

I’m not saying it’s a good thing, but that they feel it’s more cost effective and convenient. The result unfortunately is usually a bunch of crap.

Godzilla Minus one isn’t a movie that impressed me at all with its vfx, but the advantage it did have was in how the sets looked. They looked great and were under budget because the actors and crew all lived within a close distance to the sets. They were basically already on location and that made for a better looking background to the film.

Took me 3-days to finish this movie. Story isn't that bad. I don't understand the hate about Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Her character was fine. In my opinion they should have excluded the entire WW2 opening and save the CGI for only the impossible. Movie would even better if was from Helena's perspective as her character had the most growth. Indy should have played more a supporting role. It's okay for an elderly action hero to play an actual old man. Would have saved them a ton of money instead CGI his face on a stuntman. Another bad CGI shot was her riding a motorcycle trying to catch that pilot at night in the rain. Since was at night they could filmed it anywhere. Tow her on a real motorcycle next to a partially built plane. Would have looked so much better.