BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 9/17/2024 at 3:56 PM, IIymij said:

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead but does anyone know if the missiles from the YF-19 fit on the DX VF-1 hardpoints?

I pulled out a few of the missiles earlier to test, and while the center pegs look about the right size, I think the general shape of the hardpoints are incompatible between the two.  The VF-1s are all meant to rotate, but the YF-19 (and other existing missiles like for the VF-171) all have longer pylon clips that engage bigger sockets on the underside of the wing.  I couldn't get any of them to stay on, because they don't have those extra sockets.

Sadly, the reverse is also true, and the VF-1 weapons don't have the properly shaped clips to lock into the YF-19's wings either.  It looks like the VF-1s are just a unique category.

The YF-19 weapons do work all of the other DX valks I've tried though, including all of the VF-31 derivatives, the VF-171s, and (I think) the Sv-262s.

As a side topic though, as long as I'm here...

Has anyone ever figured out a way to detach the feet from the legs on the YF-19?

I'm just.. I have absolutely had it with the stupid stub heels, and want to make some new more-reasonably-sized feet for the YF-19 that don't look so bad in fighter mode.  I just don't know of any really effective method for pushing out Bandai's spring pin obsession and getting access to the main foot.  Does it just come down to using a properly-sized punching rod, and a hammer?  :ph34r: