Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Graham said:

Recent DX releases have all been matt, so I would kinda expect this to be matt as well.

Personally it doesn't bother me. I'm quite happy with how it looks in the photos. But that's just me.

I dont mind matt per se, but (esp w the revivals(?)), i see bandai going with what seems like a no overcoat, bare plastic route, which looks hmm dare i say it...cheap.

Is it my perception? I honestly am not quite sure, but I think that's what's been going on recently...

For me, as a presonal preference, i seem to prefer a semi-gloss or glossier 262.

The gold scheme somehow benefits more with an accompanying gloss on the non-gold parts.

....imho anyway...

Edited by seti88

We all know that these two will be displayed together in their Max/Millia shrine, right? ;) 

item_0000011581_QQwARWRK_01.jpg.7f5bcd738dd5d88d7c675e9f338fdf9b.jpg item_0000015103_fddXLe85_09.jpg.8a82b63c7f580d8b2bb84675ff96ab68.jpg

Or Bogue's not too red enough for Millia? :lol: 

23 hours ago, borgified said:

Correction @no3Ljm - The Elvis Draken with the Miku Miku Itasha right? 😉

I don't mind the Miku Miku itasha too. ;) 

10 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

456104855_1063355175147934_1774769761767664107_n.jpg

20240819-162544-6.jpg

20240819-162537-8.jpg

Love the Sv-262's design but my god that color scheme is fugly. 🤮 I'm not crazy about gold either, but at least the blue and gold were complimentary and looked sharp.

1 hour ago, Actar said:

Wasn't there a white and gold one? Wished we had gotten that one instead...

Yup. Only released as a 1/72 kit.

Elvis_Draken_10470832a14.jpg.a35e7cd066b6e224f1881f53bfd55c16.jpg

Yes, wish it was this one. :wub: 

Probably Bandai is just appreciative with the voice actor who also hosts the Macross Modelers/Showroom channel so they made him his Red Draken. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think one of the worst aspects of Delta as a whole is that the massive pile of characters, and resulting popularity contest amongst the fandom, pretty much nuked the chances of getting a lot of the better variants from the beginning. <_< 

On 8/24/2024 at 3:08 AM, no3Ljm said:

We all know that these two will be displayed together in their Max/Millia shrine, right? ;) 

item_0000011581_QQwARWRK_01.jpg.7f5bcd738dd5d88d7c675e9f338fdf9b.jpg item_0000015103_fddXLe85_09.jpg.8a82b63c7f580d8b2bb84675ff96ab68.jpg

The photographer forgot to light or misplaced a dark reflector, for the gold area, on the shin of the leg...i wonder if he got pointed out for that...

On 8/23/2024 at 11:05 PM, M&#x27;Kyuun said:

Love the Sv-262's design but my god that color scheme is fugly. 🤮 I'm not crazy about gold either, but at least the blue and gold were complimentary and looked sharp.

Agreed. Gold only looks good if the red is darker and metallic. But yeah, with the blue, looks way better.

Bought one even though I don't like this character and the color scheme is merely okay. I'm such a consumer whore.

God forbid Bandai actually gives people what they want with the white 262. That would be scandalous!

I noticed that the cockpit and one leg/intake has a sword on the blue one, a sword wrapped in angel wings on the white one, and a spear on the green and this new red one.  It looks like @valhary gave theirs a Gundam spear  earlier in this thread, but I cannot find any other reference as such.  This is clearly intentional, but what is the meaning there?  Did they actually have a spear in the movie/show?

@Pontus - The group that pilots the 262Hs/Ba are called “Ariel Knights” and they carry swords not spears/javelin/lance. I guess that you haven’t seen the first Delta movie where Roid and Keith were battling it out. 

Edit: I think those lance/spears are just designs that was used to differentiate the 262 Ha/Ba pilots. 

Edited by borgified

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

The group that pilots the 262Hs/Ba are called “Ariel Knights” and they carry swords not spears/javelin/lance. I guess that you haven’t seen the first Delta movie where Roid and Keith were battling it out. 

I almost replied something similar too, but that's not what he's actually talking about. He's asking about the emblem that is repeated on their opaque cockpit and left thigh. I'd say it's probably their rank or medal insignia.

Yes, what @PointBlankSniper said.  And no, I haven't had a chance to see it yet.  I'm going thru all of Macross in chrono order (very slowly) and currently on Zero.  I guess it was just wishful thinking that there might be a cool lance included in a future set, cuz how awesome would that be!   And if a future Macross tech allows for a collapsible sword to be strong enough for a giant robot to swing around, then a lance is certainly a possibility. Bonus, it's naturally suited to gerwalk or fighter modes!  I know I wouldn't wanna be in the way of a point barrier tipped lance coming at me at mach speed.  I mean, if we're bringing hand to hand combat into play... why stop at blades and shields?

12 hours ago, Pontus said:

Yes, what @PointBlankSniper said.  And no, I haven't had a chance to see it yet.  I'm going thru all of Macross in chrono order (very slowly) and currently on Zero.  I guess it was just wishful thinking that there might be a cool lance included in a future set, cuz how awesome would that be!   And if a future Macross tech allows for a collapsible sword to be strong enough for a giant robot to swing around, then a lance is certainly a possibility. Bonus, it's naturally suited to gerwalk or fighter modes!  I know I wouldn't wanna be in the way of a point barrier tipped lance coming at me at mach speed.  I mean, if we're bringing hand to hand combat into play... why stop at blades and shields?

The YF-25 Prophecy has a Paladin pack that mounts a lance on top like a fold booster. Not sure how canon it is since it's from a magazine, but it's a proper jousting lance in battroid mode. The rest of it is just armor pack parts on the torso, with super pack wing boosters. It's got a custom knee part, but only on one side, because screw symmetry in fighter mode I. lol.  Wish there was a toy of it.

1 hour ago, PointBlankSniper said:

The YF-25 Prophecy has a Paladin pack that mounts a lance on top like a fold booster. Not sure how canon it is since it's from a magazine, but it's a proper jousting lance in battroid mode. The rest of it is just armor pack parts on the torso, with super pack wing boosters. It's got a custom knee part, but only on one side, because screw symmetry in fighter mode I. lol.  Wish there was a toy of it.

The knee armor actually from the Armored Pack. Crotch and back of the leg booster are from Super Parts. When the DX YF-25 came out years ago, everyone was speculating if Bandai is going to release the Paladin Pack for it. But yeah, would be nice to see a DX version of it.

@Jasonc started his DX YF-25 Paladin project back in 2017. His last update was back in 2020. I know he's working on a lot of projects so hopefully we can see his Paladin soon. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The knee armor actually from the Armored Pack. Crotch and back of the leg booster are from Super Parts. When the DX YF-25 came out years ago, everyone was speculating if Bandai is going to release the Paladin Pack for it. But yeah, would be nice to see a DX version of it.

@Jasonc started his DX YF-25 Paladin project back in 2017. His last update was back in 2020. I know he's working on a lot of projects so hopefully we can see his Paladin soon. :good: 

I pretty much finished it awhile ago. I made parts that were to compliment the set that was already made at the Wonderfest years ago. I may end up recasting them, which I can't sell, but I can sell the parts I created that make those parts actually work. The backpack piece actually works now, and will hold the lance in all modes, the lance, when using 3mm steel tubing, creates a solid base for the lance that now doesn't bend. Other than that, I was originally going to recreate all the original parts, but it just got to be too much to do things that were already done. I still have parts for it available, just haven't priced out the set of everything. Of course, anyone that wants it can just pm me, and I can talk about it with them.

I gotta dig out those files. I have folders full of 3D parts, so I just need to find where I placed them.

26 minutes ago, graphic revolt said:

Are the lil draken's included and are they going to be same color scheme?

Lil Drakens are not included. Bogue’s Lil Draken in the movie is still the same color as the series.

Screenshot post from @MKT in the other Draken thread.

image.jpeg.eebb5bdad5989889f51528851f4ee4b4.jpeg