Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope we'll see some updates form them on their VF-5000G on the next WonderFest which is Winter 2024.

I hope so too. I didn't really miss it this year since we have and are getting lots of releases on DX and HMR front.

But I have a feeling they might actually announce the SDF-1 re-issue before the VF-5000G, to test the factory further before going into new mold stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

I need Arcadia to make a come back in a big way.

Bandai really messing things up recently re: quality. It's not the same without Arcadia/Yamato in the picture.

With how things have been lately, I tend to wonder if Big West might be approached by ThreeZero to release some of their molds under a Macross license. Would make sense for them, and I don't see any downside for HG in that scenario. It wouldn't cost them anything.

4 hours ago, Radioguy said:

With how things have been lately, I tend to wonder if Big West might be approached by ThreeZero to release some of their molds under a Macross license. Would make sense for them, and I don't see any downside for HG in that scenario. It wouldn't cost them anything.

Maybe that is Threezero's plan (hope)...unlike KitzConcept....they have no "Macross" logos plastered anywhere on their packaging....it is a strictly "Robotech" item...

I would probably double-dip for a Japan-only release....

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

I wonder if the Fugu Jetfire is hurting this even more than the non-PF Valkyrie Factory KOs.

I very much doubt it. Transformers fans weren't buying the Arcadia toys before and Macross fans might buy a Fugu for fun but not in lieu of the Macross themes. 

I really want them to stay afloat and support them by picking up re-issues, but I already have multiple copies of their items. As it is, I have both the VF-1S Super Strikes first issues sitting in the closet, whilst having multiple older Yammies of nearly same items in display & also in storage lol.

I'm just thinking how much longer they are gonna milk this v2 mold. Granted it is a very good mold, but getting long in the tooth in one or two areas. A v3 would be best, but I don't mind them just updating only leg articulation - a v2.5 ala what KC did to add the sideway thigh joints and then it would be golden.     

6 minutes ago, MKT said:

I really want them to stay afloat and support them by picking up re-issues, but I already have multiple copies of their items. As it is, I have both the VF-1S Super Strikes first issues sitting in the closet, whilst having multiple older Yammies of nearly same items in display & also in storage lol.

I'm just thinking how much longer they are gonna milk this v2 mold. Granted it is a very good mold, but getting long in the tooth in one or two areas. A v3 would be best, but I don't mind them just updating only leg articulation - a v2.5 ala what KC did to add the sideway thigh joints and then it would be golden.     

Yeah, if they're going to continue to milk the mold, it would be nice for them to at least release different color schemes: camouflage, weathered PF, and/or maybe even a nod to the Jolly Roger F-14 that it's inspired by with pale gray low visibility and squadron markings (a weathered PF version would be awesome). One can dream....

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

Non canon themes never sold well for them. It feels like this may be the swan song releases, like what Yamato did with their 1/48 toys. There's a lot of VF-1 competition now.

True.  I suppose if I really want these things I can always start modeling...  I really hope this isn't the end of Arcadia.  I really like their company and product.  Really. (one more for good measure. LOL)

Edited by rematron

I hope Arcadia sticks around as well but might be tough given the market now. Their VF-1s (and the rest of their Valks) are still among the top notch ever made but I don't see any point in them updating the VF-1 with the 3Z out and almost the same scale, at this point it makes more sense to just buy those and hope they have enough support to do some of the decos we haven't seen in that scale since the Yamato days. Problem with all that is, the market must be so low for all those other decos or Arcadia would have done them a long time ago instead of continually reissuing HikaRoy Valks.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

...Problem with all that is, the market must be so low for all those other decos or Arcadia would have done them a long time ago instead of continually reissuing HikaRoy Valks.

That really is the dancing elephant in the room.. when was the last time Arcadia sold a VF-1 that wasn't a DYRL VF-1S?  The last ones I got from them were the PF M&Ms and VE-1, which all happened over five years ago now.

Can they just not even justify producing anything but those two specific VF-1S versions now?  I might even bite at a PF version of either if they did them.

They've done the PF YF-19, VF-0D and VF-4A in the interim, but those are where they started raising the "premium" in their PF releases to include weathering and panel lining, and I was just crossing my fingers they'd get around to the VT-1.

I'm absolutely not expecting the ThreeZero releases to ever even attempt most of the schemes Yamato did back in the day though.  Considering the Robotech branding, I'd be very surprised for them to even dip into the DYRL designs at all, which knocks strike packs off of the menu.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

That really is the dancing elephant in the room.. when was the last time Arcadia sold a VF-1 that wasn't a DYRL VF-1S?  The last ones I got from them were the PF M&Ms and VE-1, which all happened over five years ago now.

Can they just not even justify producing anything but those two specific VF-1S versions now?  I might even bite at a PF version of either if they did them.

They've done the PF YF-19, VF-0D and VF-4A in the interim, but those are where they started raising the "premium" in their PF releases to include weathering and panel lining, and I was just crossing my fingers they'd get around to the VT-1.

I'm absolutely not expecting the ThreeZero releases to ever even attempt most of the schemes Yamato did back in the day though.  Considering the Robotech branding, I'd be very surprised for them to even dip into the DYRL designs at all, which knocks strike packs off of the menu.

They did do the GBP but again, that count's towards another HikaRoy reissue, lol! The last other VF-1s were M&M 1Js and those, including the PF versions were on clearance for years - I think you might still be able to find some in stock somewhere, haha. We, as hardcore fans love those versions but it just goes to prove there aren't that many of us in the world willing to pay over a relatively short time. Sure, after they are out of print for years, the few die-hards who missed out or just got in the game at that point will be willing to pay insane prices, which is justified at that point due to the rarity and low volume of them that exist in the first place.

I don't expect 3Z to do anything outside of SDFM either and have doubts they will make it past their M&M teases themselves if they even make it to those. But if so, we can maybe hope for Max, Hayao and some brownies?

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing those reissues release schedule got pushed a lot. You guys think the VF-5000 might get release around Q4 of 2025?

Assuming the VF-1S reissues do get released in Dec 2024 without further delays, VF-5000 a full year later is very plausible to me.

I haven't bought anything Arcadia in a long time. I think the last purchase I had from them was the Sv-51 Nora v2. When was the last time they released something brand new? Honestly I'm kinda skeptical they will be continuing the franchise for very long...

A non-PF VF-0D, using plastic colors similar to the HMR VF-0D, would be insta-bought...

(as in, a VF-0D in the right colors, but without having to pay hundreds of extra dollars just to get those correct base colors)  

8 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

A non-PF VF-0D, using plastic colors similar to the HMR VF-0D, would be insta-bought...

(as in, a VF-0D in the right colors, but without having to pay hundreds of extra dollars just to get those correct base colors)  

Yeah, this one is something I refuse to even try and understand.

I would almost feel guilty for it, but I want to send a letter to Arcadia and go, "Hey, you see the HMR?  Just do that.  Thanks."

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, this one is something I refuse to even try and understand.

I would almost feel guilty for it, but I want to send a letter to Arcadia and go, "Hey, you see the HMR?  Just do that.  Thanks."

I can still the remember the huge disappointment i had when i first opened the box...i was like "you bastard, this is not what you promised! Give me my VF-0D with the right colors right now!"

12 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I agree, and i would also add a cannon fodder VF-0D. That gray looked awesome in the cover arts of the model kits(or maybe i saw it somewhere else, can't really remember).

On 9/7/2024 at 1:19 PM, Bolt said:

Wake me when the VF-5000 is coming. I don't need more VF-1's. 

2 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

AMEN!!!

Well, I would not look askance if they were to reissue the Cavaliers version or decided to finally release an Alaska Base livery one and/or a Low-Viz; as for everything else VF-1, I share your sentiment.

Edited by mechaninac