Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

On 9/30/2024 at 12:58 AM, arrow said:

arcadia seems to have lost the will to release anything. i hope not

This is depressing, but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. At Wonderfest this past February, the VF-5000, nor the Minmay figurine wasn't on display from what I saw. Also, all they seemed to have was re-release stuff. There's so much potential, but it's just going nowhere. Has there even been news on the VF-5K? I don't use X.com

2 hours ago, Jasonc said:

This is depressing, but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. At Wonderfest this past February, the VF-5000, nor the Minmay figurine wasn't on display from what I saw. Also, all they seemed to have was re-release stuff. There's so much potential, but it's just going nowhere. Has there even been news on the VF-5K? I don't use X.com

If so, i'm sure we would have seen it here. Or i would have on instaG. But it's been crickets for some time.. :unsure:

Arcadia the company hasn't posted anything on X since April.  

The translation might not be accurate but given the lack of updates this year they might not be working on anything at all.

Screenshot_20241003_075318_X.jpg.c940cd59b6c1bb203b3c0169d07ea182.jpg

Edited by Mommar

On 9/28/2024 at 9:35 PM, sjoebarry said:

You can’t find VF11’s anywhere especially the VF-11C. I would love so much if they did reissue the VF-11’s

I still believe that the VF-11 and VF-17 molds/tooling were lost or somehow went missing in the transition from Yamato to Arcadia.

I did hear that as an unsubstantiated rumour back in the day from one of my former contacts. No idea if it is true or not.

But it could explain why the Yamato VF-11B/C and VF-17D/S have never been re-issued by Arcadia,

Or maybe Arcadia still have the tooling, but don't have the licensing rights to produce them and/or don't think it would be profitable to re-issue them? 

I'm also thinking if the licensing costs have also gone up quite a bit for Arcadia outside of SDFM/DRYL valks? The fee increase may be outside what Arcadia is comfortable to justify since they may not have any actual data on how much international volume they can move. 

Considering the VF-11s were fair shelf-warmers even before exports were a thing, I think they're perfectly justified in not expecting to get much of a return on the investment.

The VF-11 is simple enough, I'd be happy to just be able to buy a kit like they made for the VF-1.

On 9/29/2024 at 11:44 PM, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, I was really hopeful for a PF VT-1 after that random Elintseeker re-release, but then everything just dried up.

Didn't they tease a VT re-release a while back?

Re-watching Macross 7 on D+, so just dug my old Yamato VF-17DS, VF-19F, VF-11C and VF-22S Max type out of storage. Haven't handled them in years.

I really wish Arcadia would would re-release the the VF-17D/S, but in a gloss finish, with Tampo printed markings and make the plastic colors more closely follow that of the old Bandai 1/65 toys, i.e. more of a glossy dark blueish-black. I still love the old Bandai VF-17D/S,

And I'm still bummed that we never got a red Milia VF-17S from either Bandai or Yamato.

On 10/3/2024 at 11:23 PM, Graham said:

I still believe that the VF-11 and VF-17 molds/tooling were lost or somehow went missing in the transition from Yamato to Arcadia.

If Arcadia still has the VF-11B/C molds, they should try the 11C Armor Parts.

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

i would love to have either.  i can't believe i sold my only vf-11b thinking bandai would get to it soon (when they announced they were doing the yf-19).  same for the vf-21...although at least bandai did get to that - just in a lot of ways the yamato was better though...oh well.  here is hoping for a vf-11b or c.

I would actually be really curious to see how Bandai would approach the VF-11 in general, but I'd mostly be concerned they'd pull a Bandai, and decide "they made it this way, so we can't copy them," and change things just to be unique, without any consideration for actually making it better.

They can absolutely improve posability, but I don't think they'll be able to improve much of the transformation or general shape of it.  Maybe better sized tails, and maybe better rear landing gear (which sounds hilarious for Bandai to make landing gear better), but there's really not much to improve from the Yamato design.

15 hours ago, Graham said:

Re-watching Macross 7 on D+, so just dug my old Yamato VF-17DS, VF-19F, VF-11C and VF-22S Max type out of storage. Haven't handled them in years.

I really wish Arcadia would would re-release the the VF-17D/S, but in a gloss finish, with Tampo printed markings and make the plastic colors more closely follow that of the old Bandai 1/65 toys, i.e. more of a glossy dark blueish-black. I still love the old Bandai VF-17D/S,

And I'm still bummed that we never got a red Milia VF-17S from either Bandai or Yamato.

I wish I had Macross to watch on Disney +! And I wish I'd kept my Yamato 11B/C! 😞 

10 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I would love a full Armored VF-11C. It's such a shame that nobody has ever made one in toy form. 

It's my favorite out of all the armored VFs.

1 minute ago, Bolt said:

I can't imagine any improvements to Yamato's 1/60 VF-11 design . It was a great toy. 

There are some few I can think of. ;)

Arcadia can revised those flaps which can easily have some cracks. Tighten the joints. Add some locking tabs on the wing section in Battroid mode. Revised a bit the heat shield cover coz it's really a pain to interlock them together. And add more heft to it esp on the legs/feet area.

5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I can't imagine any improvements to Yamato's 1/60 VF-11 design . It was a great toy. 

Shape-wise, no, it's pretty ideal, but the joints in the elbows, knees, and feet could have used a few modern improvements that came from Yamato's later designs, and it could always use bigger tails and rear landing gear, and maybe a more solid cockpit mechanism.

In most ways, the ideal improvements would be like what Arcadia did for the Yamato VF-0 and SV-51. Not much change sculpt wise, just beef up the engineering & internals.  

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

There are some few I can think of. ;)

Arcadia can revised those flaps which can easily have some cracks. Tighten the joints. Add some locking tabs on the wing section in Battroid mode. Revised a bit the heat shield cover coz it's really a pain to interlock them together. And add more heft to it esp on the legs/feet area.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Shape-wise, no, it's pretty ideal, but the joints in the elbows, knees, and feet could have used a few modern improvements that came from Yamato's later designs, and it could always use bigger tails and rear landing gear, and maybe a more solid cockpit mechanism.

I'm sure Arcadia would make some tweeks here and there. 

59 minutes ago, MKT said:

In most ways, the ideal improvements would be like what Arcadia did for the Yamato VF-0 and SV-51. Not much change sculpt wise, just beef up the engineering & internals.  

Makes sense. 

On 9/6/2024 at 9:39 AM, rematron said:

Yeah, if they're going to continue to milk the mold, it would be nice for them to at least release different color schemes: camouflage, weathered PF, and/or maybe even a nod to the Jolly Roger F-14 that it's inspired by with pale gray low visibility and squadron markings (a weathered PF version would be awesome). One can dream....

Always wanted a 1/60 team of TPS/Low Vis with 2 x VF-1A, 1 x VF-1J and 1 x VF-1S.  Or at least an unassembled and/or unpainted kit so I could do it myself. 

I could go for brown CF team in each model, too.

Edited by Uxi

The biggest change that Arcadia would have to make are the rear Vertical stabilizers, both the 1/72 & 1/60 Yamato releases are waaaay to small. 

It needs to look like the Hasegawa kits, the VF-11B is probably my favorite Valkyrie but the 1/60 was a disappointment for me in fighter mode. This is one of the few Valk's I prefer without the fast packs. Also, a better designed pilot so Isamu doesn't look so chunky. 

Macross Plus” 1/72 VF-11B Thunderbolt by Hasegawa — Legends Toys & Hobbies

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | (Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Yamato Macross  Series Macross Plus 1/60 Kanzen Henkei VF-11B with Superpack(Released)

Still been waiting a QUARTER-CENTURY for a VFX-2 Ravens colors one:

IMG_4337.png

IMG_4338.png

(only ever got to play the demo in the US, but it was fun while it lasted----and the -11 was the main valk on the demo disc)

7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

IMG_4337.png

IMG_4338.png

(only ever got to play the demo in the US, but it was fun while it lasted----and the -11 was the main valk on the demo disc)

Hope this one comes in Hikaru Red colors too. :wub: 

Also, speaking of Arcadia, do they participate during All Japan Model & Hobby Show? I only asked since I didn't see the company in the list.

8 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

IMG_4337.png

IMG_4338.png

Thisg GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 10/10/2024 at 12:15 PM, Bolt said:

I always thought the proportions were awkward and ungainly...

60vf110127.jpg60vf110150.jpg

...compared to the model kits, at least.

complementary.jpg