Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Oh yeah another improvement needed is the arms to peg into the intake for gerwalk and battroid.

On 5/16/2024 at 7:16 PM, wsna said:

It's probably been mentioned before, but I'll say it again. 

PF grade YF-21...and a "Moon Shooter" too (I know it's a VF-22, but still, I would enjoy it much more as a '21!).

I have the Bandai one on pre-order, but that fighter version...no comment. I really like what Arcadia did when they brought out the PF VF-0S. It's nicely refined. 

I would hope that it could happen to the YF-21 after some time.

Moon shooters would be amazing.

I still think it wouldn't be unreasonable for Arcadia to include a new pair of chunkier legs for Gerwalk/Battroid.  The thing is already perfect transformation and the legs are removeable for delimiter mode already.  Why not offer the option like they already do for chunkier hands?

When was the last TV Fast pack release? I have the TV Focker that Yamato released so far so good.  All prices for GBP, etc appear inflated but no separate FAST Super set since Arcadia? 

I have the v1 1/60 GBP but may need to consider the Roy or Hikaru Strikes to get a Super/Strike at not insane price. 

13 hours ago, Uxi said:

When was the last TV Fast pack release? I have the TV Focker that Yamato released so far so good.  All prices for GBP, etc appear inflated but no separate FAST Super set since Arcadia? 

I have the v1 1/60 GBP but may need to consider the Roy or Hikaru Strikes to get a Super/Strike at not insane price. 

That's true, Arcadia has never released the Fast Packs separately. Only Yamato did. 

If you are looking for just the packs, they do sometimes appear over at Mandarake, but it's almost always the movie Strike Pack that pops up (currently available) and not the TV Super ones. If one is not particular, the movie Strike Pack has an option to replace the strike cannon with another missile housing (provided) so both sides look the same. The differences then would be colour of the packs, shade of white, the slightly different sculpt of the arm-packs and the roundel stickers.

Sometimes, cheap valk+pack bundles also appear on Mandarake, usually a TV Hikaru 1J or a movie Focker 1S - so it might be worth to get that instead for the packs and a sort of likely semi-junker valk as they usually would have the shoulder cracking problem that have well-documented fixes available.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like they need do another run of VF-1 in general.  Roy, Hikaru 1J, Max & Kakizaki 1A and CF for both DYRL and TV. Ideally a CF 1J again and then a loose FAST Pack release might make sense. 

Unpainted and/or Assembly would be nice for customs, too.

Edited by Uxi

3 hours ago, Uxi said:

Seems like they need do another run of VF-1 in general.  Roy, Hikaru 1J, Max & Kakizaki 1A and CF for both DYRL and TV. Ideally a CF 1J again and then a loose FAST Pack release might make sense. 

Unpainted and/or Assembly would be nice for customs, too.

I'd sooner have that PF SDF-1 reissue first, of course. TV version too. THEN the more obscure reissues.

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

I'd sooner have that PF SDF-1 reissue first, of course. TV version too. THEN the more obscure reissues.

I'm with you on TV version or even the hybrid DYRL design with carriers though would hope for TV colors, too.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I wonder when the SDF-1 will go up for PO if it's supposed to be out this year. I like to see signs of life from Arcadia.

It's not a great sign that it's not the PF though. I mean, if they have to scale back on that, what does that say?

1 minute ago, Radioguy said:

It's not a great sign that it's not the PF though. I mean, if they have to scale back on that, what does that say?

The PF is loads more difficult to produce and the Yen is weak. Based on the regular release price hike, it says to me they don't feel comfortable with what they would need to charge.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

The PF is loads more difficult to produce and the Yen is weak. Based on the regular release price hike, it says to me they don't feel comfortable with what they would need to charge.

Then the fact they can come as far as they are with even a standard reissue seems stunning in that context. That's worrying unto itself.

Anyhow, like I said before, I don't own either release, and I'm really in no position to try and attempt any paint app updates on my own if I grab this standard reissue. This makes the PO a very bittersweet prospect, and makes me doubt I'd enjoy owning it. I hate feeling this way.

I really hope that they are seriously considering an evolution of what they already have for a YF-21. Apart from the self-collapsing main landing gear, the belly plates and the legs could do with a rethink. Looking at the DX version in terms of pics (I’m waiting for mine), making the plates fold an extra turn could be a nice idea for Battroid i don’t mind the legs so skinny as it really makes the fighter work so well. I also imagine that the Battroid might have an attack profile similar to a Quealuun-Ray anyways… 

..and of course, just go straight to the to the PF version so I can punish my wallet 9nly once…and not a second time for a PF Version.

i know it’s been already said, but I’m saying it again for an evolution YF.

I just want a nice, semi-affordable, transforming SDF-1. Doesn't need blinky lights or such fine detail that it requires a microscope to see.... Just something nice. THAT'S ALL I WANT.

Yeah Arcadia’s really quiet this year.  There has been no announcements or hints of new pipelines, every of their existing project’s been stalled & stuff that were supposed to have been released by now have been delayed twice (maybe more?).

It doesn’t look like the VF-5000 can make it in time this year, and I do hope they didn’t cancel the Hargun. The latter was practically ready to move into PO stage.

We all want them to take another shot of the YF-21, but it would be cruel if Mr K decides to maintain the sculpt almost as it is with Yamato’s & just made it more robust lol. Just like their v2 YF-19, VF-0 & SV-51. :p

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Yeah Arcadia’s really quiet this year.  There has been no announcements or hints of new pipelines, every of their existing project’s been stalled & stuff that were supposed to have been released by now have been delayed twice (maybe more?).

It doesn’t look like the VF-5000 can make it in time this year, and I do hope they didn’t cancel the Hargun. The latter was practically ready to move into PO stage.

We all want them to take another shot of the YF-21, but it would be cruel if Mr K decides to maintain the sculpt almost as it is with Yamato’s & just made it more robust lol. Just like their v2 YF-19, VF-0 & SV-51. :p

I'd prefer if they just move on to something new, never done by anyone else...if M7 licenses are more affordable for them maybe a VA-3...or complete the Fire Bomber trio....

I'm guessing the folks who are Arcadia have other full time jobs that are keeping them busy. Also, as I understand it, when a new show begins production there's a lot of reshuffling of licenses so they may be in limbo waiting for BigWest to give them the green light on Macross stuff. Hopefully that let's then focus on the Hargun...

11 hours ago, wsna said:

I really hope that they are seriously considering an evolution of what they already have for a YF-21. Apart from the self-collapsing main landing gear, the belly plates and the legs could do with a rethink. Looking at the DX version in terms of pics (I’m waiting for mine), making the plates fold an extra turn could be a nice idea for Battroid i don’t mind the legs so skinny as it really makes the fighter work so well. I also imagine that the Battroid might have an attack profile similar to a Quealuun-Ray anyways… 

..and of course, just go straight to the to the PF version so I can punish my wallet 9nly once…and not a second time for a PF Version.

i know it’s been already said, but I’m saying it again for an evolution YF.

Yeah looking at the Gamlin VF-22S the gunplates bupges should be able to hinge outward and store the gunpods. Bonus if there's magazine detail for the mircomissiles (even if just 3 or 4 pairs from the VF-19) on the underside.  Also, in the center half opening on each plate outwards for a small missile bay for the reaction missiles seen in the last episode of Mac 7 that Max and Milia dropped on Geperenitch. 

The legs should get a revision on that Gerwalk joint and more firmly peg in the outer belly plates to the hand/countermeasure covers. The rotating landing gear are fine,  but need a detent to the back deployed position so rolling backwards doesn't collapse them. Mane them telescope if the belly plates need more clearance

A heat shield could be stowed in either the hood behind the head or the nose cone or split it half each like the VF-11 did.

Similarly he 19s (starting with 19A Ravens) could have room for the neck cover to integrate in the chest plate. 

13 hours ago, treatment said:

I do hope that's the only reason for all the delays. In which case, hats off to them for taking the time to get everything right in production. But then, it is taking a very lengthy time to dial the factory in to make valks. Since production on the reissue YF-19 started, which was when they mentioned a new factory, it's been..... more than 2 years, almost 3?

Unless, Arcadia has switched to yet another new production facility after the YF-19 and are sorting out everything at this factory all over again with the current VF1 production.

Let's pray they don't close down first. I mean, with all the things that's going on, plus how weak the yen nowadays. They really need to get a return from their license fee expenses.

I was just going back a few pages in the thread, and Arcadia did mention changing their factory again this year. I guess it didn't work out long term with the other previous new factory they were using for the YF-19 and VF-19 Kai reissues.

I think they must be really looking to small, inexperienced factories to produce their stuff, hence the delays to bring quality up to required level. On the flip side, the production costs at these factories must be much cheaper for Arcadia to be able to maintain same prices for all the recent and current reissues.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:44 PM, no3Ljm said:

Let's pray they don't close down first. I mean, with all the things that's going on, plus how weak the yen nowadays. They really need to get a return from their license fee expenses.

I think they only pay fees when they use the license. I also think it's a hobby or side gig more than a traditional company. If they do shut down, it will likely be because they don't have the time to invest or lose the passion. If it's a bad time for new projects, they can choose to just wait for better times since they don't need the revenue. That's the sense I get at least.

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like the VF-1S re-issues have been delayed yet again, probably the 3rd time? It's now listed as Dec 2024. If I remember correctly, they were initially to be out in Feb 2024, delayed to May, pushed to Aug, then now Dec.

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-complete-transformation-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-boarding-machine-movie-ver-reissue-aca82131-2#
https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-completely-transformed-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-movie-ver-aca82166

I'm guessing we won't be hearing anything more from Arcadia this year.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

So it looks like the VF-1S re-issues have been delayed yet again, probably the 3rd time? It's now listed as Dec 2024. If I remember correctly, they were initially to be out in Feb 2024, delayed to May, pushed to Aug, then now Dec.

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-complete-transformation-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-boarding-machine-movie-ver-reissue-aca82131-2#
https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-completely-transformed-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-movie-ver-aca82166

Ugh. Guess it won't be a last minute change to make them PF. Also guess this pushes back the SDF-1 as well, huh?

Would be interesting if the Fugu "God Of Flame" KO comes out first now.

EDIT: Speak of the devil. ShowZ just confirmed GoF will come this month.

Edited by Radioguy

12 hours ago, MKT said:

Hope we'll see some updates form them on their VF-5000G on the next WonderFest which is Winter 2024.

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

Looks like Arcadia has a lot of competition in the VF-1 space... Maybe this will be the mold's last hurrah, like the repackaged 1/48 VF-1 toys from Yamato.

Maybe Arcadia will just do those occasional Anniversary schemes. :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Well, the FuGu God Of Flame (Jetfire) Arcadia KO is now public. I'm gonna guess that doesn't help either.

Pretty good justification on why Arcadia's been delaying their Strike VF-1S reissues due to unstable factory issues, as that KO clearly shows what a repainted stolen QC-reject looks like...