We watched Beverly Hills Cop Axel F over the weekend, personally I loved it. It was funny, exciting, some cool shootout scenes too. The original & new cast members did a great job, it gets a bit goofy here & there but still all in good fun. Kevin Bacon is always a delight! 

First time in a long time that for 2 hours I was glued to the screen, I didn't feel bored or the urge to look at my phone. Eddie Murphy is a national treasure, and it was awesome seeing him in this role again! 

1 hour ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Hasbro being Hasbro.

Have many franchises, but focus only TF and G.I. Joe

Is that legit, 52 finished episodes.2020 was kinda when all the streaming services mostly just pumped things out. Maybe the show sucked really bad or they figured there’s no interest at all.

On 7/9/2024 at 3:29 PM, Thom said:

I barely got into the story before too many F-bombs (in favor of good script) and too many car chases

It's Eddie Murphy in a Beverly Hills Cop movie. I'm not sure what you were expecting. 😁

On 7/15/2024 at 1:28 PM, danth said:

It's Eddie Murphy in a Beverly Hills Cop movie. I'm not sure what you were expecting. 😁

F-bomsb with a good script makes a big difference!:D

4 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Rebel Moon REDUX (joking XD) Director's Cut

With 100% more slow motion

Shouldn't he get the third one out before he does a Director's Cut?

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Shouldn't he get the third one out before he does a Director's Cut?

I think we’d be better off if they cut the director.

There’s some interesting concepts, but those don’t get flushed out. The pacing is weird and the slo mo gotta go.

You know what would make the two Rebel Moon films better? More blood and tits! Said literally nobody ever, these films, characters, and universe were an absolute snooze-fest, some of the most generic, been there done that nonsense I've ever seen, with a runtime padded out by copious overuse of slow-mo. Easy pass, there were some slightly interesting concepts and a few cool shots, but nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

these films, characters, and universe were an absolute snooze-fest

I can’t argue with that at all. I rarely doze off during movies, but these actually did me in. It took three tries for me to finish the last one.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

This looks interesting enough, I guess, but wasn't Netflix working on a live-action Gundam project? Is that still a thing?

Here are some of the links I got from searching.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/gundam-live-action-netflix-movie-what-we-know-so-far-04-2023/

https://www.cbr.com/gundam-live-action-one-piece-netflix-inspiration/

This is the director's Twitter feed in case you want to follow him in case he starts posting updates.

https://x.com/VogtRoberts

11 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Mediocre CGI and atrocious VA work.  Even though I have Netflix I don't think I'm even going to try this.

The CGI of the mechs is ok... what's dreadful is the character's animation, especially the lip sync and horrifying non-blinking stare they all have. PS3 looks better. 

7 hours ago, Tking22 said:

wasn't Netflix working on a live-action Gundam project? Is that still a thing?

That went into the deep during the strike, even though apparently, accordingly to Reddit "experts", pre-production was already almost completed (?).

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

The CGI of the mechs is ok... what's dreadful is the character's animation, especially the lip sync and horrifying non-blinking stare they all have. PS3 looks better. 

Not even the mechs are good, they do not move properly for their size and weight.  It looks like video game cutscene physics from quite a while ago.

15 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Mediocre CGI and atrocious VA work.  Even though I have Netflix I don't think I'm even going to try this.

Yeah, the voice acting sucks pretty bad here. And the cg is rather sub par. I hoped they’d improve it some after the first trailer, but I’ll still probably check it out and see how bad it is.

23 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Not even the mechs are good, they do not move properly for their size and weight.  It looks like video game cutscene physics from quite a while ago.

Funny, I was JUST thinking of that launch PS3 Gundam game. 

I see the Disney Plus, Hulu, and Max streaming bundle is now available. Looks like we'll sign up for the ad-free bundle soon. We're pretty much done with Prime and Paramount+, latter needs urgent help with their streaming library imho. I read the MAX part of the bundle also doesn't support 4K, only 1080p, so be aware of the fine print.

$16.99 with ads

$29.99 ad free

Edited by TangledThorns

My wife and I finished PRESUMED INNOCENT on Apple+ last night and its really good! Highly recommended. Fast paced for a legal thriller that held our attention all the way till the end. It'll be interesting to see what the second season brings. On a side note I had some revelations about the cast.

• It's the first media I've seen with Jake Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard together since the film Jarhead back in 2005.
  • Peter Sarsgaard is married to Jake's sister Maggie Gyllenhaal and both played district attorney's in different Batman films that met similar fates. Being blown up!! 😱
Edited by TangledThorns