Who's your favorite Soul Calibur II Character

Vostok 7

Soul Calibur 1, no question. Then Soul Edge(arranged). SC 2 is last. Yes, SC2 has the best sound quality, but the music is just not up to snuff compared to the earlier ones. It's good as VG fighter music goes, but the earlier ones had such incredible soundtracks it doesn't quite compare.

As much as I like the BGM for Soul Calibur II, I prefer Soul Edge's Arrange music. The opening themes for SC1 and SC2 are great, but nothing - and I mean absolutely nothing - stands out as a game anthem like "The Edge of Soul."

Ugh... that song is lame!

I dunno.... I like it well enough, but it really has to be seen with the video... the song by itself doesn't stand up well.....

Great intro, though... much better than the SC I version. SC II kicks some serious ass, though. I had goose bumps the first time my Xbox booted up....

• 2 weeks later...

Eh?

How strange... I never would have thought the Soul Edge/Soul Calibur series really had enough story depth to make a movie.... but then, there's been a few OAV series from Samurai Spirits... none very good, however....

Guess I'll just have to hold my breath and wait....

Hope they draw more from SC II, though... liked the story for that one better.

Pretty excited that the Firefly movie got greenlighted....

Edited by gnollman

A Soul Calibur movie? why? Where's the demand for that? I could be wrong but I don't think SC fans were clamoring for a movie. And we all know videogames turned into movies, blow.. Jack Black as Mitsurugi and Kirsten Dunst as Taki...

Anyone go back and play Soul Calibur or Soul Edge lately? SC still looks good but time hasn't been kind to Soul Edge. Still fun to play though.

I wish Namco would release a collection package of the games. Port SC to the other systems etc.

OH god no not a movie, they're going to bitch this up I just know it. A comic book or manga series maybe, but a movie? :angry::angry:

I swear if they get all these "trendy" teen movie people to start in it, I'll make my own Soul Edge and show them the greatest nightmare. :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Druna Skass

I thought Sammo Hung was attached to the project as writer and director 2 years ago, what happened to it? Did he take a pass in the end?

according to an article on IGN. Namco got tired of waiting for ole Sammo

Namco's popular fighting game, Soul Calibur, is coming to the big screen courtesy of producer Warren Zide (American Pie, Final Destination).  The Hollywood Reporter tips that Zide has just acquired the movie rights to the game which will be the first at his new Sony-based production company, Anthem Pictures.

The story revolves around two warriors who are chosen by Shaolin monks to recover and destroy a powerful sword, Soul Edge, that has fallen into the hands of an evil prince who plans to use it to open the gates of hell and destroy the world.

Soul Calibur, originally released for Sega's defunct Dreamcast console, raised the bar for fighting games – it won the IGN Editor's Choice Award and was hailed as "the most enjoyable fighting game on the planet."  The game has spawned a popular sequel for the PlayStation 2, the Nintendo GameCube and Microsoft's Xbox.  The sequel has sold over 5 million units on all platforms and it won the best fighting game award at last year's E3 gaming conference.

Matthew Rhodes and Noel Vega are producing the movie with Anthem.  Jesse Warshal is reportedly overseeing it at Anthem. 

Martial arts master and actor Sammo Hung (Mr. Nice Guy, TV's Martial Law) had previously pursued the movie rights to Soul Calibur, but nothing ever came together and Namco took their property elsewhere. 

There are no details on when the film might go into production, but we'll be following it for ya right.  Keep checking IGN FilmForce's games-to-film page for the latest.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/496/496320p1.html