Macross Models 3D colelction

SeminNV

Okay, you're shaming me into needing to learn rendering because that looks really good!  The details really pop out nicely and I think the new colors look great.  Did you make the two seater cockpit as well, or is that something you found?  I've only come across single pilots in the models thus far, but also didn't dig much farther than my NUNS project required.

4 hours ago, guyxxed said:

Okay, you're shaming me into needing to learn rendering because that looks really good!  The details really pop out nicely and I think the new colors look great.  Did you make the two seater cockpit as well, or is that something you found?  I've only come across single pilots in the models thus far, but also didn't dig much farther than my NUNS project required.

Its called MF_25Y in the files for the 2 seater version. let me double check.

On 6/25/2024 at 5:25 PM, guyxxed said:

Wrll, it took a lot of internet sleuthing as well as the kindness of a few strangers to point me in the right direction, but I've now managed to get some models of the VF-31's.  These are from the Delta Scramble game and are mapped in very odd ways, but are still very nice models.  Here is a quick attempt at putting Alto's colors on the 31J, which....mostly highlight that Alto's colors are a bit boring.  Iconic, but not as interesting as I had hoped.  Anyway, some pictures while I futz around and see what other ideas come to mind.  And ,yes, the mission container is missing, they're separate components in the game and I haven't finished pulling everything back together yet.  Feedback and suggestions welcome. 

2024-06-25 12_12_42-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-06-25 12_13_47-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-06-25 12_14_07-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-06-25 12_14_45-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-06-25 12_15_41-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

ayyyy VF-31s. i need to get my hands on those.

1 hour ago, Neptune_Minowa said:

ayyyy VF-31s. i need to get my hands on those.

PM me and I'll try to put together a guide for you.  Fair warning, it's not hard but it is considerably more fiddly (and the tools a lot more crude) than what's available for Macross 30.

22 hours ago, guyxxed said:

PM me and I'll try to put together a guide for you.  Fair warning, it's not hard but it is considerably more fiddly (and the tools a lot more crude) than what's available for Macross 30.

i gave up as its way to confusing for my smol brain

So, I've mostly been playing with the Al Shahal map and have gotten it rebuilt back to "design intent" (Put the ground and river back at least to the extent it existed in the game), and am going to start filling it out with any details I can glean from the show.  Why?  I dunno, it's a cool setting and I have half a mind to use it in a Unity game thing I've been mucking with in my spare moments.  Anyway, it's fun.  

What's really struck me as I've played with this, though, is the scale of it all.  The map itself is around 15km from top to bottom.  The port area looks super cool, but it never sank in to me before how massive it is.  The central tower is 380m tall, not counting the arches that support it.  That means it's as tall as the Empire State Building, and it's suspended about 100m above the lake on the arches!  For fun, I dropped the Yamato (2199 version) into the scene, and it fits comfortably in the main channel.  That's Ozma's VF-31 standing on the deck for reference.  The Quarter (also ESB sized) and a Gaiderol (also from Yamato, and looking pretty at home in a Macross environment since the Gamilas were kind of proto-Zentradi anyway) are just to fill out the scene, althrough it looks like the Quarter is getting ready for a WMG showdown with the Yamato!

2024-08-13 11_48_20-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 11_51_18-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 11_52_29-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 11_56_33-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 12_00_11-Window.jpg

16 minutes ago, guyxxed said:

So, I've mostly been playing with the Al Shahal map and have gotten it rebuilt back to "design intent" (Put the ground and river back at least to the extent it existed in the game), and am going to start filling it out with any details I can glean from the show.  Why?  I dunno, it's a cool setting and I have half a mind to use it in a Unity game thing I've been mucking with in my spare moments.  Anyway, it's fun.  

What's really struck me as I've played with this, though, is the scale of it all.  The map itself is around 15km from top to bottom.  The port area looks super cool, but it never sank in to me before how massive it is.  The central tower is 380m tall, not counting the arches that support it.  That means it's as tall as the Empire State Building, and it's suspended about 100m above the lake on the arches!  For fun, I dropped the Yamato (2199 version) into the scene, and it fits comfortably in the main channel.  That's Ozma's VF-31 standing on the deck for reference.  The Quarter (also ESB sized) and a Gaiderol (also from Yamato, and looking pretty at home in a Macross environment since the Gamilas were kind of proto-Zentradi anyway) are just to fill out the scene, althrough it looks like the Quarter is getting ready for a WMG showdown with the Yamato!

2024-08-13 11_48_20-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 11_51_18-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 11_52_29-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 11_56_33-Window.jpg

2024-08-13 12_00_11-Window.jpg

Ok thats cool af. That map is massive. Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Started on making a Folder of all the stuff im working on. They should only be one for now but they will be updated later.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eSf7-LF9-aEy-Zb9P99X-C9ITg7ZWq7X?usp=sharing

VF-25 Alto Custom with all of the Super parts i could find with textures. Open with Blender 4.0 or later

thread is over here 

Edited by Neptune_Minowa
Updated Link

So this happened today.  Didn't set out with this in mind, was just flipping through reference images for Al Shahal and kept bumping over the Type 106 (or the "Regult Rhea", as I like to call it), and kept thinking to myself "it's really weird this wasn't in Delta Scramble, it's just a cool design.  Someone should make it."  Then I thought, "It's just a kitbash, I bet I could put it together fairly quick." And then an hour or so later this is sitting on my screen.  Still some texture work to do, and a bit of modelling on the shoulders to make it anime accurate, but overall...yeah, it's a kitbash, exactly what it looks like.  Was fun to throw together, though, and a nice distraction.  Never underestimate the power of rabbit holes, is the lesson here, I think.

2024-08-19 16_49_28-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-08-19 16_49_42-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-08-19 16_50_10-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

19 hours ago, guyxxed said:

So this happened today.  Didn't set out with this in mind, was just flipping through reference images for Al Shahal and kept bumping over the Type 106 (or the "Regult Rhea", as I like to call it), and kept thinking to myself "it's really weird this wasn't in Delta Scramble, it's just a cool design.  Someone should make it."  Then I thought, "It's just a kitbash, I bet I could put it together fairly quick." And then an hour or so later this is sitting on my screen.  Still some texture work to do, and a bit of modelling on the shoulders to make it anime accurate, but overall...yeah, it's a kitbash, exactly what it looks like.  Was fun to throw together, though, and a nice distraction.  Never underestimate the power of rabbit holes, is the lesson here, I think.

2024-08-19 16_49_28-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-08-19 16_49_42-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-08-19 16_50_10-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

Thats a kitbash? Looks legit to me. Nice work.

Thanks.  I really just took the original Regult model from M30, put the Type 104 texture on it, then started deleting parts and adding in Queadluun Rhea parts.  The only thing I made myself was the tubes on top, everything else was just grabbed from other models (with some stretching).  The fact that it looks right just means that's also how they did it for the show. 😉 

1 hour ago, guyxxed said:

Thanks.  I really just took the original Regult model from M30, put the Type 104 texture on it, then started deleting parts and adding in Queadluun Rhea parts.  The only thing I made myself was the tubes on top, everything else was just grabbed from other models (with some stretching).  The fact that it looks right just means that's also how they did it for the show. 😉 

mhm i ironically thought it was legit a first glance as it fit altogether well.

• 2 weeks later...

😮 More goodies! Kind of curious to know if the shins actually have a hatch and carry the sword inside. I assume they didn't bother with those, but it would be nice to know. Same for missiles in the pods. 🙂

A livery request if you get around to Lil Drakens, is to slap some Mirage colors on her pair. I wish they made them match her colors in the movie lol

14 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

😮 More goodies! Kind of curious to know if the shins actually have a hatch and carry the sword inside. I assume they didn't bother with those, but it would be nice to know. Same for missiles in the pods. 🙂

A livery request if you get around to Lil Drakens, is to slap some Mirage colors on her pair. I wish they made them match her colors in the movie lol

There is a version with the Lil Drakens, so I'll put it on the list.

And, no, there's no sword compartment or missiles in the pods, although both exist in the model directory. Roid's plane is holding the sword in battriod mode.  It's a crazy complicated model even so, which I suppose matches the design and toy, a million little bits and pieces.

Had some time, so here you go:  Mirage 262 both with original Lil-Drakkens and color matched (sort of, it got to be too much pink, so I slid them down to purple, which I think looks pretty good).  Also, here is the sword wielding Roid for fun.  He looks kind of bored, but I haven't messed with posing these models yet, so anything more dramatic will have to wait.

2024-09-03 11_32_44-Window.jpg

2024-09-03 11_35_59-Window.jpg

2024-09-03 11_23_23-Window.jpg

8 hours ago, guyxxed said:

Had some time, so here you go:  Mirage 262 both with original Lil-Drakkens and color matched (sort of, it got to be too much pink, so I slid them down to purple, which I think looks pretty good).  Also, here is the sword wielding Roid for fun.  He looks kind of bored, but I haven't messed with posing these models yet, so anything more dramatic will have to wait.

2024-09-03 11_32_44-Window.jpg

2024-09-03 11_35_59-Window.jpg

2024-09-03 11_23_23-Window.jpg

Roid be like: "Why am i here?"

Not gonna lie, I think the purple you used for the Lil Draken are closer to Mirage's color. The Draken III is actually a little too flourescent. But I'm not complaining. The contrast with both shades nicely follows the rule of "super parts are more drab". Recoloring the Lil Drakens really does make the whole thing look more correct. The official colors should honestly just be retconned like this lol.

Apparently, there is a version of Roid colored (hijacked?) Ba units that oddly don't share the same livery patterns with a the other Windermere units. Didn't even realize that was a thing until I saw MAHQ. Not gonna ask you to make that lol, just curious whether it's in the game files, since I barely remember those from the show. I'm guessing those were the grunts Roid hacked, that I thought were the same as his actual unit all this time.

Yeh, I think you're right.  I took the color from a screen grab, but putting it up against the toy, it is too bright.  Here's a downshifted version.

Also, yes, the Roid Grunts (Roid Minions?  Roid-lings?) are in the game.  Nothing too exciting, but here you go.

2024-09-04 11_55_30-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-09-04 12_13_51-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-09-04 12_04_22-Blender.jpg