Macross Models 3D colelction

SeminNV

Wow, all of those 31A's look delicious.

A crazy thought has just occured to me. Somene needs to mod the the VF-31 intocombat 7 with these models, like how there are already VF-1 and YF-29 mods for it. And maybe even place this whole map in a stage, complete with Elysion take off and landing segments lol. I don't even have the game, but videos of those existing macross mods look like heckin overpowered fun already. The 31A would probably blend right in to the base game without even look out of place compared to the other mods.

It's funny you say that, because one of the people that helped me understand how to pull the assets out of Delta Scramble is an active modder on Ace Combat.  I haven't gone looking for Macross mods in that game, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone hasn't made some 31s over there already.  I'll poke around if I get some time.  Something else I haven't come across (but seems like it MUST exist somewhere) is a Yukikaze mod for AC7, that just seems like a natural fit.  I've looked at the Mave many times as a modeling project, but got side tracked too often to get far.  Macross (ironically) has much more reference material available and is a quicker on ramp for a project.  Would love to have a full scale model of the Banshee, though.  Definitely cool stuff!

yukikaze - banshee1024.jpg

yukikaze - mave-11.jpg

That is surprising. I don't know much about Yukikaze, but I always assumed one of the mods in this clip was it.

Turns out it was just a similar looking plane from an older AC. Wouldn't be surprised if one was a reference to the other though, which ever came first.

Out of boredom today, decided to lean into the comment before about the 31's looking more like racers than anything and made these.  Nothing serious, just very fast paintovers of the Frontier maps.  Pics that inspired the schemes below.  Happy Friday!

2024-07-19 11_39_58-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-07-19 11_43_52-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-07-19 11_15_40-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

2024-07-19 11_19_41-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-18 133805.jpg

5aaf59a219f49e9372df9b7543be9bc3.jpg

That's very true (the insect thing), although my first thought when I saw the yellow version on the battroid was "Oops, I just made Bumblebee." 😁

Didn't think about the Durandal with the red one, but you're right, it does have a similar vibe.  May work on it a bit to make it more it's own thing.  Commercially owned Valkyries seems nuts, but since it's already established in universe may as well embrace it, right? 😉

Edited by guyxxed

😮 This is actually so beautiful. I never would have imagined. This needs to be in the next macross.

It is now my headcanon that there are rotor drones pre loaded with packages in the calf compartments. The mission pack is a shipping container only used when there are oversized shipments lol.

In a way, it's kind of the way the Macross universe is already written, if you think about it.  There are tons of private companies with full on military forces at thier disposal.  SMS, General Galaxy, Chaos are all contractors with top of the line weapons that they can deploy at their whim.  Why wouldn't Amazon or UPS be the same?  Gotta defend yourself against rogue Zentradi or your random space wedgie Protoculture artefacts, right?  It's almost inevitable that armed conflicts will break out between rival companies.  That's basically what Frontier was, a dispute between SMS and GG that caught the Frontier NUNS in the middle.  Yeah, a three way cargo war between Amazon, WalMart, and Target is the real reason we never see Earth forces in Macross shows, they're too busy containing the conflict.  😉 

2 hours ago, guyxxed said:

In a way, it's kind of the way the Macross universe is already written, if you think about it.  There are tons of private companies with full on military forces at thier disposal.  SMS, General Galaxy, Chaos are all contractors with top of the line weapons that they can deploy at their whim.  Why wouldn't Amazon or UPS be the same?  Gotta defend yourself against rogue Zentradi or your random space wedgie Protoculture artefacts, right?  It's almost inevitable that armed conflicts will break out between rival companies.  That's basically what Frontier was, a dispute between SMS and GG that caught the Frontier NUNS in the middle.  Yeah, a three way cargo war between Amazon, WalMart, and Target is the real reason we never see Earth forces in Macross shows, they're too busy containing the conflict.  😉 

Well, SMS was established to protect Bilrer's interstellar shipping business after all...

Funny enough there IS a UPS-like company in Macross already; Tachyon Express, which is a Zentradi-owned business that at one point used disarmed Queadluun-Raus to handle cargo.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:07 PM, TG Remix said:

Well, SMS was established to protect Bilrer's interstellar shipping business after all...

Funny enough there IS a UPS-like company in Macross already; Tachyon Express, which is a Zentradi-owned business that at one point used disarmed Queadluun-Raus to handle cargo.

I did not know that, was it an on screen thing or just in the supplemental materials?  I'll have a search and see if there are any logos or color schemes established.  

It's interesting how we really haven't seen much at all of the civilian spacecraft in Macross.  M7 probably gave us the most examples, but Frontier and Delta only gave us a few glimpses of shuttles and commercial liners.  I'm just wondering now what might exist between the container ships from Delta and a "fast courier" like the silliness I posted above.  I had started on a FedEx branded Macross Quarter just to take it to the absurd level, but then realized that an SMS branded Quarter is already exactly that.  Considering how many Macross-class attack carriers both Chaos and SMS are able to deploy, it makes me wonder how out-gunned the NUNS feels at times?  I can imagine that secessionist movements are sometimes allowed to just happen depending on what corporate sponsors they might have.

Found the Tachyon Express reference in Macross the Ride, but nothing about what their logo or colors might be.  Wasn't clear if the plane they sponsored in that story was supposed to be in their livery or was just a random racer style.  In the meanwhile, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and competition always copies the leader, so imagine this knocking on your door the next time you order a DX.  

2024-07-30 17_00_08-Window.jpg

I think you might be on to something.  Here's the last one in the corporate absurdity line, inspired by the fact that Macross is now showing on Disney+.  I think we can all agree that this is the nightmare scenario on any battlefield (and also inevitable as they seek to acquire the entire universe into their empire).

2024-08-01 11_52_18-Blender_ [C__Users_eguy_OneDrive - Baltimore Aircoil Company_Desktop_Objects_Mac.jpg

11 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

That's true horror right there.

Outside of fiction, this is actually a nightmare scenario that I wish with all my might, to not befall on the franchise. Hopefully disney doesn't get any funny ideas just because BigWest went with them for streaming...

I'm with you.  Good news/bad news, right?  Distribution and more people being able to see it is great!  But hopefully it doesn't get a second round of HG-ing in the process as the giant mouse comes to bear.  Oh well, more Macross is good Macross, and in the meanwhile I've got my models.

3 hours ago, Neptune_Minowa said:

all of these models are looking spicy. Id love to get my hands on those

They're mostly from the Macross 30 archive I linked to on the previous page.  Follow the link and use the extraction tools and they're all there (except the 31s).

4 hours ago, guyxxed said:

I'm with you.  Good news/bad news, right?  Distribution and more people being able to see it is great!  But hopefully it doesn't get a second round of HG-ing in the process as the giant mouse comes to bear.  Oh well, more Macross is good Macross, and in the meanwhile I've got my models.

They're mostly from the Macross 30 archive I linked to on the previous page.  Follow the link and use the extraction tools and they're all there (except the 31s).

i must be blind cus i dont see it lol

Second page, about four posts down.  Sorry, I forgot it wasn't in the first post.  The pan.baidu link and pass code will let you download an extract of Macross 30 game assets and a Blender import tool for converting the models to something you can work with.  It's a Chinese file server, so you'll need an online service to download from it, but Google is your friend and there are several options.

13 hours ago, guyxxed said:

Second page, about four posts down.  Sorry, I forgot it wasn't in the first post.  The pan.baidu link and pass code will let you download an extract of Macross 30 game assets and a Blender import tool for converting the models to something you can work with.  It's a Chinese file server, so you'll need an online service to download from it, but Google is your friend and there are several options.

oh sweet thanks alot.

14 hours ago, guyxxed said:

oof i think the links are ded. im just getting a 404 error

Nice!  I mess around with models a lot, but I've never gotten very far into redering.  My impatient brain has trouble taking the time to set up the lights properly.  Glad you could get the models to work and looking forward to what else you put together!