All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Super Shotgun? Check.
Chainsaw shield? Check.
Crunching up skulls to use as ammo? Check.
Whoopin' some Titan ass in a giant mech suit? Check.
Ridin' on a dragon? Check.

36 minutes ago, azrael said:

Super Shotgun? Check.
Chainsaw shield? Check.

And Doomguy became Master Chief of franchise

Edited by Old_Nash_II

6 hours ago, azrael said:

Super Shotgun? Check.
Chainsaw shield? Check.

Should probably have been Heretic? Check.

I don't know how to feel about Xbox right now.  I mean, I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I subscribed to Game Pass because I can use it on PC, but bought an Xbox to get the most out of my Game Pass subscription.  And I do like how seamlessly Xbox Cloud saves work between PC and console.  Stuff like the new Doom, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark, and even the Starfield expansion have my attention.

On the other hand, it sure seems like Microsoft wants to make PlayStation games, which kind of makes me wonder why anyone would want to buy another Microsoft console in the future.  Not to mention that they recently closed a bunch of studios.

13 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I don't know how to feel about Xbox right now.  I mean, I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I subscribed to Game Pass because I can use it on PC, but bought an Xbox to get the most out of my Game Pass subscription.  And I do like how seamlessly Xbox Cloud saves work between PC and console.  Stuff like the new Doom, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark, and even the Starfield expansion have my attention.

On the other hand, it sure seems like Microsoft wants to make PlayStation games, which kind of makes me wonder why anyone would want to buy another Microsoft console in the future.  Not to mention that they recently closed a bunch of studios.

Who the heck knows but I'm still a PC gamer though probably moving towards laptop soon. These recent years of gaming have been kind of a low point tho.

I'll always game on Xbox first, Playstations exist solely for the one or two exclusives they get a year, if they weren't exclusive I'd get them on Xbox. Superior ecosystem, UI, controller, Gamepass, more Dolby options for audio and video, more games that support 60fps+ and up to 120fps, cloud saves aren't locked behind a premium paywall, seemless play with PC, backwards compatibility. My PS5 collects dust until the next exclusive, nothing against the console itself, I've just always used my Playstations as exclusive boxes and nothing else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just got a Nintendo Switch and my understanding is I can play import games without having to mod the system.

So my question is which Super Robot Wars games for the Switch are worth getting?

Also I hear the SD Gundam Generation games are worth getting as well. Where should I start there?

1 minute ago, renegadeleader1 said:

So I just got a Nintendo Switch and my understanding is I can play import games without having to mod the system.

So my question is which Super Robot Wars games for the Switch are worth getting?

Also I hear the SD Gundam Generation games are worth getting as well. Where should I start there?

I don’t know if this is necessarily true, I bought the Record of Lodoss War game from amiami and could play it without any issues on my EU Switch.

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

I don’t know if this is necessarily true, I bought the Record of Lodoss War game from amiami and could play it without any issues on my EU Switch.

So you didn't have any issues with Lodoss War? The only things I've heard about super robot wars is get the asia edition because the Japanese version lacks english subtittles.

8 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

So you didn't have any issues with Lodoss War? The only things I've heard about super robot wars is get the asia edition because the Japanese version lacks english subtittles.

No, it played just fine. If it is a language barrier thing than I would definitely go with a version that has English subtitles.

From your text I just thought that there is a technical reason why the games won’t play. Like with regional codes for BluRays/DVDs or how you couldn’t play NTSC games on a PAL SNES.

Luckily, and to my surprise, Lodoss War came with an English language pack (but packaging was all in Japanese).

@Scyla, when you say "Record of Lodoss War game" do you mean Record of Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth?  I don't think it got a physical release here, but @renegadeleader1 might be interested to know that one's available in the US eShop, no importing required.

FWIW, technical incompatibilities like NTSC vs PAL aren't as big a deal anymore since everything started going digital HD.  AFAIK a docked Switch runs at 1080p 60hz (until you try to play Tears of the Kingdom and the framerate starts dropping).  Region lock is now mostly a software based thing to keep people from importing Blu-rays for some reason.  Excluding Chinese consoles and software, games cards can be bought in any region and played on any Switch.  There is one catch, though.  You can't buy DLC or eShop games without a Nintendo account linked to the region you want to buy from, and content bought with one Nintendo account can't be used on another.  This is more or less also the case for the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X.

41 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

@Scyla, when you say "Record of Lodoss War game" do you mean Record of Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth?  I don't think it got a physical release here, but @renegadeleader1 might be interested to know that one's available in the US eShop, no importing required.

FWIW, technical incompatibilities like NTSC vs PAL aren't as big a deal anymore since everything started going digital HD.  AFAIK a docked Switch runs at 1080p 60hz (until you try to play Tears of the Kingdom and the framerate starts dropping).  Region lock is now mostly a software based thing to keep people from importing Blu-rays for some reason.  Excluding Chinese consoles and software, games cards can be bought in any region and played on any Switch.  There is one catch, though.  You can't buy DLC or eShop games without a Nintendo account linked to the region you want to buy from, and content bought with one Nintendo account can't be used on another.  This is more or less also the case for the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X.

Yeah, it was Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. I just thought "Record of Lodoss game"  was an easier to type description for it (now you made me type it out ^_^). 

Anyhow, I bought the physical release of the game from amiami because I like physical media, wanted to own Lodoss war merchandise. As a bonus it turned out that the game is actually quite good. 

• 2 weeks later...