The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Not sure where Porche stands at this point, but VW capitulated to the almighty lure of lucre years ago over their ridiculous "no war toys" stance, so hopefully Porche will follow suit and we can have a proper licensed Jazz.

We're getting a Missing Link Cliffjumper, so that's where Porsche stands. (Not to mention RotB Mirage, which Porsche themselves cross promoted with some clothes, of which I own the ball cap).

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

We're getting a Missing Link Cliffjumper, so that's where Porsche stands. (Not to mention RotB Mirage, which Porsche themselves cross promoted with some clothes, of which I own the ball cap).

Egg on my face-- I own that figure and totally forgot that it was a licensed Porsche! That being a given, Missing Link Jazz is definitely probable, especially given his popularity, at least on this side of the pond. Not sure how popular he is in Japan, however. I still have my OG toy, whose roof fell off years ago when the trans-plastic loop that holds it on cracked, so i wouldn't mind replacing him with a ML version.

Pulsecon wasn't particularly exciting.  Maybe because they didn't reveal anything that I didn't already know... they showed off Dinoking at Comicon, and Legacy United Wave 5 is mostly package refreshes.  Good for people that missed those figures the first time, but I only bothered to preorder Armada Wheeljack, G2 Breakdown, and (reluctantly) Overcharge.

Likewise, all the Studio Series reveals were leaked, though it was my first time seeing Sentinel Prime.  And they're not even going to go up for preorder until Transformers Day (September 17th).

The team confirmed that the series will be Age of the Primes... which I also told you guys about months ago.  No figures revealed (but I reported on leaks for basically the whole of 2025 anyway).

And they showed nothing of SS86 Devastator.  We apparently have to wait until October 27th for that.

On 9/12/2024 at 2:18 PM, Old_Nash_II said:

Happy 40th Anniversary

A fitting and nicely done tribute by Trigger!

21 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I want a Studio Trigger anime TF more than ever. That was awesome.

^^^ THIS!  And after the initial 50 episodes TF anime we transition into Transformers x Brave, because that's real legacy!

And in case anyone is still wondering about core Ginrai's size in relation to Optimus and other bots, this image was shared from the TF Expo. It throws me off with how tall Optimus looks compared to Ginrai.

image.jpeg.310255a232461fbb0b26a305383bd233.jpeg

Not a new mold in the entire wave, and of the 8 figures in the wave 5 are straight up package refreshes.  Looks like I'm saving money, because I only had to order Wheeljack, Breakdown, and Overcharge.

Bit miffed to see Origins Bumblebee shoved into this wave.  I get that the team wanted to get him back out there now that Origins Wheeljack is out and has the gimmicks where Bee can ride inside him and the Energon rods can clip onto Wheeljack's sides, but the fourth Deluxe slot was supposed to be G1 Sureshot, who was already bumped to wave 5 from wave 2.  I'm trying to get some confirmation if he's still coming at all; sounds like he's in limbo.

7 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Not a new mold in the entire wave, and of the 8 figures in the wave 5 are straight up package refreshes.  Looks like I'm saving money, because I only had to order Wheeljack, Breakdown, and Overcharge.

Bit miffed to see Origins Bumblebee shoved into this wave.  I get that the team wanted to get him back out there now that Origins Wheeljack is out and has the gimmicks where Bee can ride inside him and the Energon rods can clip onto Wheeljack's sides, but the fourth Deluxe slot was supposed to be G1 Sureshot, who was already bumped to wave 5 from wave 2.  I'm trying to get some confirmation if he's still coming at all; sounds like he's in limbo.

Sill, many will be happy to see these popup at retailers other than Walmart now. (I know I will)

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

Even if I‘m not interested in Studio Series 86 Devastator I was looking forward to the reveal and how the second Combiner after Menasor was going to turn out.

The repaints wave really is underwhelming.

You mean the "GoBots" one? I actually wish that were more available than it is.

A rather underwhelming PulseCon. Thanks to @mikeszekely, I got a copy of Cosmos when he initially released, and I already own Dirge and Ramjet; Thrust is the Conehead I'm waiting to be rereleased. Essentially, I already own all the rereleases shown and have no interest in the rest. I am glad, however, that Cosmos, OG Bee, the Coneheads, and any other originally store exclusive releases are getting a second wider releases for those who missed them the first time. Exclusives suck, and the Hasbro guys implicitly acknowledged it. At least there's an awareness there, although I doubt exclusives will end anytime soon since Hasbro makes money off of them and I doubt the designers or marketers have much say in those decisions. I will say, though, I'm always in awe of the enthusiasm and enjoyment they genuinely take in what they do and in the various franchises in which they toil. I'd love to see what they could really pump out if they had larger budgets to work with per size classes, as that always seems to be the limiting factor between a so-so release and a truly good one.

Got a chuckle over some of the comments referring to Hope, the rather fetching new marketer presenting in Star Wars. Missed Emily who always brings a lot of charm and enthusiasm to these things. Hopefully she'll be presenting for the Devy reveal which I'm looking forward to. I skipped on the CW version b/c the individual Constructicons were so poorly executed. I'm assuming Devy will be part of SS86, and thus very G1 faithful. I vehemently wish they'd done the entire team at voyager scale, which would make their construction vehicle modes scale better alongside carbots, but my understanding is that the limbs will be deluxes. Not the best but IIWII. At this point, I'm just hoping that the individual Constructicons will have full articulation, and that Devastator will connect solidly and feature a decent range of articulation and be stable.

POs are up on Pulse for the TF One figs. Bee's already sold out, but Alpha Trion and Elita-1 are still available. I POed Elita. One.  I notied that Pulse doesn't have the usual range of toy pics for these as they usually do. You get one pic of each mode and that's it, just repeated to fill all the slots usually reserved for action shots and such. Kinda would've liked to see Elita's bike mode from a higher angle, but I generally dig TFs with bike modes, so I plunged.