The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Eh, you know me, I'm probably in for all four figs they showed slides of (preorders, I hear, are Tuesday).  Some quick thoughts-

-I just hope, after going in on Scorponok and Doublepunch, they give me a Sandstorm, too.
-I just hope, after going in on Starscream and Skywarp, that they give me a Gamer Edition Thundercracker, too.
-Galvatron is a straight repaint of the Legacy Kingdom toy.  I never got the non-battle damage Legacy version, so I'm probably going to get the Studio Series release, but it's going to come down to how blurple he actually is.
-Hatchet's cool, in a weird sort of way, but it makes me realize that I have Studio Series Crowbar but never bothered with Crankcase.  And the Studio Series version of Crankcase is literally just a repainted Crowbar and not at all screen accurate.  If I'm not mistaken, Crowbar was a retool of The Last Knight Berserker... maybe I'll track down one of those, repaint his chest and forearms to get rid of the graffiti, and pass that off as Crankcase since Berserker reused Crankcase's CGI model in the first place.
-Of course I'm in for Devy.  I don't even need to see it.  But I'm looking forward to seeing it on 10/27, if it doesn't leak sooner.

Still no images of Studio Series 86 Devastator?

I will buy the WfC Skywarp but that purple color looks terrible in the pictures. I prefer my Skywarps as more of a lilac color. In the images on TFW he also looks way too dark and not enough gray.

Another reissue of the mediocre Kingdom Galvatron? Every time I see this mold without the WfC schmutz I grown and wished I didn’t buy it on first sight.

A the only one on this Earth that adores the Universe Deluxe Galvatron I find it sad that there isn’t an official figure of him that surpasses that.

The new Deluxe Prime is the first I'll buy in years.  ROUND FUEL TANKS.  Makes truck mode 10x better.  I really, really hate the 'flat' tanks so prevalent nowadays---so unrealistic and clearly "not how a transforming Freightliner would look".   Look at how simply and elegantly the Netflix one dealt with "round tanks as a truck, but not as a robot".    

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

If you missed it before BBTS is selling an exclusive reissue of Siege Omega Supreme for their 25th anniversary.

Seeing how I've missed him twice, and everywhere else is putting him at an outrageous high price, I bit the bullet since it'll be a good 11 months before he's released. I'm a little surprised Countdown comes with him, I thought that microbot was a Zone character which would been those base sets....I could swear I had this rocket base he came with. Well, that's still pretty cool, so. yeah got it. 

52 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

I'm a little surprised Countdown comes with him, I thought that microbot was a Zone character which would been those base sets....I could swear I had this rocket base he came with. 

I think you're right. Micromaster shuttle base or something.

But hey, Omega turns into a rocket base, so it isn't a completely random packin.

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

I'm a little surprised Countdown comes with him, I thought that microbot was a Zone character which would been those base sets....I could swear I had this rocket base he came with.

10 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I think you're right. Micromaster shuttle base or something.

Micromaster Rocket base.  I had it as a kid, and I remember loving the rocket and Countdown but having little interest in the rest of the base.

CountdownToy.jpg.a849e0a87cceb3de2afadf2f88aec1d4.jpg

Presumably, as Siege was when Hasbro was pushing Micromasters again, they had the budget to include one with Omega and figured that Countdown was the most thematic since, as JB0 noted, he kind of turns into a rocket base.  That said, Earthrise Sky Lynx gained a based mode that's similar to the Rocket Base, but with his own shuttle instead of a rocket, plus I think it was Amazon that was doing a couple of packs around the same time, and one of them was "Botropolis Rescue Mission."  It came with the Modulators Overair and a redecoed Ironworks, plus the missile that came with Earthrise Doubledealer, and all of it was designed to look like the Rocket Base.

I see the resemblance there for botropolis. 
I might still have countdown in a storage tub. There’s several micromasters I probably still own that I have yet to come across due to free time. 
as a kid I definitely had a lot of them cause folks thought the value was better, even if they came with a base, had several.

gonna try my best to save up the cash to afford omega since I really want him. I’m happy with the old energon year of the dragon variant I’ve had for over a decade with the maketoys upgrade. But this is just a better looking figure to me.

On 10/19/2024 at 8:52 AM, David Hingtgen said:

The new Deluxe Prime is the first I'll buy in years.  ROUND FUEL TANKS.  Makes truck mode 10x better.  I really, really hate the 'flat' tanks so prevalent nowadays---so unrealistic and clearly "not how a transforming Freightliner would look".   Look at how simply and elegantly the Netflix one dealt with "round tanks as a truck, but not as a robot".    

I prefer round tanks, too, and it's one of a couple nitpicks I have with SS86 Prime. Earthrise Prime tucks his round tanks into the backs of his thighs and it's a perfect kibble-less solution for the bot mode while giving the truck proper looking tanks that don't jut way out and look weird, or like some odd form of intake like SS86's. I can't understand, either, why on a commander class budget they couldn't give him double-jointed elbows or single-jointed that still allow an elbow bend beyond 90 degrees. IMHO, that should, along with opening hands, be requisite standards of articulation on anything at least leader class and above. SS86 at least has the poseable hands, as he should. I'm also not the biggest fan of MP-44's wrapping-the-cab-around-the-robot approach to transformation, but I think it was actually done more effectively on SS86, which has a better proportioned bot mode (with a big inaccurate backpack as a result) and a much cleaner, more realistic looking truck mode, weird fuel tanks notwithstanding.

The new Legacy United deluxe Prime is pretty much Hasbro's bargain version of Missing Link, but I'm not complaining, as I prefer its slightly tweaked proportions, i.e. beefier, over the original toy's. Too, ML is pricey and this way I get a similar toy for a much lower pricetag without yet another trailer to have to stash away. It's a win-win solution, methinks, and I wonder if Hasbro is going to take a similar approach with other ML figs. Of course, with Prime being a deluxe, scale is already skewed.

18 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Seeing how I've missed him twice, and everywhere else is putting him at an outrageous high price, I bit the bullet since it'll be a good 11 months before he's released. I'm a little surprised Countdown comes with him, I thought that microbot was a Zone character which would been those base sets....I could swear I had this rocket base he came with. Well, that's still pretty cool, so. yeah got it. 

Never was much of a fan of G1 Omega Supreme's design, but when Hasbro first revealed this fig, I was impressed. That said, I've chosen to enjoy it vicariously through vids and such as I just don't really have the room for another titan fig (Unless they do a spot-on Animated Omega Supreme-- I'll find a way for that particular grail!). I still think Has/Tak did a bang-up job on OS- all the details, the features, colors, everything; in every way except motorization/electronics, it's a right proper update of the OG toy and I think it'll be one of those stand-out toys that we'll still be talking about in our graying years (some of us may already be getting there).😉

3 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I prefer round tanks, too, and it's one of a couple nitpicks I have with SS86 Prime. Earthrise Prime tucks his round tanks into the backs of his thighs and it's a perfect kibble-less solution for the bot mode while giving the truck proper looking tanks that don't jut way out and look weird, or like some odd form of intake like SS86's.

On 10/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, David Hingtgen said:

I think it boils down to "blame the cartoon."  The truck's animation model doesn't have round tanks.  And, of course, neither does Prime's robot mode.  Unlike a lot of other recent offerings from 3Ps (and I think MP-44, but don't remember) SS86 Prime uses the same fuel tanks in both modes.

FWIW, I do prefer round tanks in truck mode (and in the case of SS86, I wish they weren't so protruding).  But I hate how they were implemented on Earthrise/Netflix/Laser Optimus.  If they secured in place in truck mode it'd be fine, but you just fold them out and hope for the best, inevitably pushing them back in as you handle them.