The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

So I played with Springer more by getting him into his other modes and...

Holy crap is he gaps-happy in chopper and vehicle modes!

His pegs don't quite want to peg itself properly, too. Especially the main windshield and the back thigh-covers. The yellow-paint on his fenders easily smudges as well.

From what I read here and other forums, I really thought Blitzy's the one who's gonna trigger some latent OCD in me. Yet it was Springer who's quite annoying me now.

Despite all that criticisms, I really like Springer and he's really worth his msrp. Even being a bit gap-happy and stuff, it still is a very darn awesome toy! I just think I like Blitzy a bit more now than yesterday, tho. Springer's bot-mode is already pretty super.

Definitely both are way ahead in worthiness and way way better in every aspects than my highly disappointing F(AIL)oC-Grimlock.

I still can't find Blitzwing or Springer. I checked the Target I went to early in the week, nothing. I stopped by TRU after seeing Iron Man, and I swear that had less than Target. Maybe I'll go to Walmart tomorrow...

I plan to sell my Springer, let me know if you're interested. Could save you some gas money if nothing else. (nothing wrong with it, just not that impressed---mainly bot mode---car mode's great)

Why don't you like his bot mode? The IDW-esque design?

Damn, Blitzwing's jet mode looks all hollow and gappy from the top.

Yup. Blitzy's jet-mode is gappy and stuff. You can try raptormesh's suggestion of going full-loadout on him with his sword, gun, and turret, tho:

DSC_4881_NEF.jpg

Blitzy's jet-mode also features his most critical flaw: gummy nosecone...

DSC_4901_NEF.jpg

The only way I know how to get the gummy nosecone less gappy (without diy surgery) is to do this:

DSC_4856_NEF.jpg

Imho, the gummy nosecone flaw is more fatal than the shoulder-tab issue. Hasbro's choice of both materials and materials' quality is quite unfortunate. Maybe Takara will use better plastic and stuff for their versions of Blitzy and Springer.

Honestly, I was already quite meh on Blitzy's jet-mode from the first online pics coz it was quite an unhappy departure from his simpler diaclone/G1 jet-form. The gummy nosecone-issue just adds to the meh-ness.

Regardless, for a $22.99 triple-changing figure, the flaws are mostly tolerable. I don't feel like I got jacked severely like I felt with my FoC-Grimlock purchase.

:D

Why don't you like his bot mode? The IDW-esque design?

I think so--I just plain don't like the look. It's not so much "it's not '86 movie Springer" but rather I just plain don't like the shape, regardless of who it's supposed to be. I've seen plenty of comic redesigns I like and would love to have figures of---but not this one.

Half-way. :p

I know gerwalk is a mode unto itself, but I always thought it's creation was serendipity (happy accident).

I remember reading something to the effect of SK getting the idea for Gerwalk mode from handling an early prototype of a VF-1 toy and stumbling upon a mid transformation step that looked cool as an actual mode.

no idea if this is true or not though

Edited by anime52k8

Well even if it was accidental some of the later valks have specific parts for gerwalk only(like -11's panels) that makes it a formal mode. ^_^ Years ago we used to joke that Yammies have four modes - Fighter, Gerwalk, Battroid and Broken.

Not sure where to put this since I don't normally follow Transformers threads. But "Amazon.com's deal of the week" is for Transformers Prime Season 1 & 2 DVD and Blu-ray.

DVD's are $13.49 and Blu-Rays are $24.49 while supplies last.

anyways, just passing it on :)

Poor transformation aside, this new Metroplex is getting harder and harder to resist...

When's it released again?

around about christmas.

And one does not buy Metroplex for a complex transformation, one buys Metroplex purely for phallic compensation.

around about christmas.

And one does not buy Metroplex for a complex transformation, one buys Metroplex purely for phallic compensation.

Not just that. My kids will get a huge kick out of seeing such a huge Transformer. They love Unicron and Primus already.

around about christmas.

Where'd you hear christmas? :huh: Takara's release is in september and I remember hearing that the sale of Metroplex for US will start as early as SDCC then August.

already told he's quite short to be a Seeker, Blitzy then auditions himself to "Jetfire" for the exclusive and uber-badass GERWALK-mode A-stance club of the famous yammie Macross Valkyries...

DSC_5273_NEF.jpg DSC_5274_NEF.jpg

DSC_5284_NEF.jpg DSC_5292_NEF.jpg

DSC_5294_NEF.jpg DSC_5303_NEF.jpg

Blitzwing prolly needs to visit the Battletech/Mechwarrior-franchise next to audition for a Cauldron-Born role...

Edited by treatment

already told he's quite short to be a Seeker, Blitzy then auditions himself to "Jetfire" for the exclusive and uber-badass GERWALK-mode A-stance club of the famous yammie Macross Valkyries...

Blitzwing prolly needs to visit the Battletech/Mechwarrior-franchise next to audition for a Cauldron-Born role...

He pulls it of better than a Legioss. :p