The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Okay, I'm a little confused by that pic above. All three of them look like diferent sizes of KO Optimii(?) since none of them sport an Autobot symbol, but the "blinged-out" one on the right looks kind of legit. Is that the Caliber diecast statue?

The small one in the middle looks pretty damn good, though.

the one on the right is an Encline custom, not sure what he used as a base (I'm thinking one of those Jumbo KO primes) and othe small one is regular old buster prime.

Edited by anime52k8

I see. The fists seem to have been swapped with articulated hands, and the lack of a faction symbol threw me off a little.

Damn, those KO's look ridiculously large next to the legit figures. I hear they're not exactly cheap either. Would have been awesome if they were cheap; they'd make great display pieces with some metallic paint and detailing.

Edited by GU-11

I see. The fists seem to have been swapped with articulated hands, and the lack of a faction symbol threw me off a little.

yeah, looks like he has a pair of fakebusker shapeways hands. And again, it's buster prime ( you can tell because of the grey on the forearms, lack of mouth plate and white pinstripes around the flames), which didn't have the faction symbol on the chest visors.

Edited by anime52k8

You're right.

The pic doesn't really bring out the silver paint on the fig; if I'd noticed the silver paint apps and chrome chest visors, I'd have realized it was Buster Prime. Somehow I actually failed to notice his non-mouthplate face scupt.

Their pages are gone now-I guess they ran out of stock. I reckon the RiD version was chosen over FE due to it's simpler transformation, but those ugly peg holes are useless if it doesn't come with appropriate accessories.

If there was ever an upscaled KO I would totally support, it would have to be an enlarged Windcharger from the scout class RTS sculpt. Love that little guy.

My local Target had all the new Prime stuff, and TRU had FoC Grimlock and Blaster. I picked up Grimlock and Prime Smokescreen. Smokescreen's a pretty cool fig, and all the better since the Beast hunter crap can be removed.

If he ain't Rodimus, I ain't interested.

Rodimus is a team killer. just saying.

:edit:

and I'd love to actually buy some new transformers. some of the beast hunters toys look cool and I really want some FOC voyagers and wave 3 deluxes but I haven't seen new crap in months. it's worth than bandai.

Edited by anime52k8

Man, Grimlock's tail is just fugly. I think the G1/Animated look was better. I love my MP Grimlock, but I think the Animated version is my favorite, despite the big open chest in T-rex mode.

But as a dinobot fan, FoC Grimlock's bot mode is fantastic and suitably evocative of the original. Enough for me to dole out $25, anyway. I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure what kind of explanation they came up with for having dinosaurs on Cybertron aeons prior to arriving on Earth. Despite Hasbro's rewriting their own TF history, I still suscribe to the G1 story...it made sense.

So pics are out of the US releases of MP Soundwave and MP Acid Storm.

Soundwave's looking pretty much the same as the Takara release, save for three things:

1. He's coming with five cassettes, not just Laserbeak.

2. Hard to tell from the pics, but the his blue parts look like a brighter blue, and his gold parts are more yellow.

3. He's got yellow eyes, like the original toy, instead of red eyes like the Takara release/cartoon.

I don't care about the blue, but I'm not happy about the eyes. Oh well, maybe I can console myself with the crap ton of extra money I'll have versus buying the Takara version and the extra cassettes...

As for Acid Storm, I'm not sure what to make of him. I mean, do we need an MP Seeker of an obscure character when a lot of us might prefer a new Starscream (without a busted wing... or maybe that's just me)? Or over a different obscure yet slightly more popular character like Sunstorm? Especially when I can still walk into my local TRU and buy not-at-all obscure character Thundercracker?

And then I see the pics... he looks awful. Amazingly awful. So awful he's kind of looping around into awesome. I am repulsed and attracted at the same time. I could possibly see myself owning him, but being to ashamed to display him...

oh, and we'll most likely get gouged yet again by making Soundwave a TRU-exclusive.

I think Soundwave was already announced to be a TRU exclusive, and I'm betting a $99 price tag, that goes up to as high as $130 on TRU's website, just like Prime.

Thing is, even a $130 seems like a pretty good deal, considering that he's coming with all five cassettes. The Takara version's around $200 for Soundwave and Laserbeak, plus $60 for Red-Tape/Ravage and $60 more for Blue-Tape/Buzzsaw. Way I see it, even with TRU's price gouging those of us who waited for the Hasbro version are still saving in the neighborhood of $200.

I think Soundwave was already announced to be a TRU exclusive, and I'm betting a $99 price tag, that goes up to as high as $130 on TRU's website, just like Prime.

Thing is, even a $130 seems like a pretty good deal, considering that he's coming with all five cassettes. The Takara version's around $200 for Soundwave and Laserbeak, plus $60 for Red-Tape/Ravage and $60 more for Blue-Tape/Buzzsaw. Way I see it, even with TRU's price gouging those of us who waited for the Hasbro version are still saving in the neighborhood of $200.

I'm just gonna hope TRU will have enough stock of it to actually display and sell both in-store and online, unlike their MP-10 shenanigans.

I'm just gonna hope TRU will have enough stock of it to actually display and sell both in-store and online, unlike their MP-10 shenanigans.

Could be. I mean, I didn't have as much trouble finding Grimlock or Hot Rod, and Thundercracker is still clogging the shelves at my TRU. And the rumors have him releasing in July, well before the Christmas rush.

I really dig Acid Storm, hopefully the final product is that bright a green. As for Soundwave, I was actually hopeing for a more signifigant difference between the takara and hasbro versions. From the picture, the only real difference is the yellow eyes; the shade of blue and gold everywhere else look the same.

I was hoping for more medium-to-pale blue with non-metalic yellow and grey so it would be more visually distinctive from my takara version.

Wow!

Hilariously stupid Soundwave-drama over the red-vs-yellow shenanigans at tfw, as well as some people trolling the Takara-Soundwave buyers.

Always fun to read stuff from those blokes over there.

:D

LOL! I remember on some other forum where TF fans were arguing over whether MP-10 Optimus should have his Autobot symbol on one or both of his shoulders.

As for Acidstorm, I just don't go for any Seeker outside of the official three. Would have been nice if they did something like the customized ones, with the melted acid effect and all--that would have persuaded me to buy one.

Soundwave: not getting this one since I already have the Takara version.

personally I've always felt the melting effects people do on acid storm/sun storm customs look really silly in a bad way.

also, you should get US soundwave because 1) he'll probebly be cheaper than buying the 4 takara tapes anyways and 2) with six tapes total you'll be able to have two soundwaves side by side completely full of tapes.

Edited by anime52k8

Now that you mention it, the acid effects don't really make sense, but they do make the toy more unique, rather than just a straight up repaint.

As for Soundwave, you've got a good point. Problem is, my local hobby store doesn't bring in Hasbro Masterpiece toys since they're TRU exclusives, and the local TRU's usually don't bring in any MP figure. In fact they rarely bring in ANY new TF's.

Digicamo acid storm is a pass, I'd buy 2 of them though if I was confident enough to turn them into a proper scream and warp scheme.

Sound wave I'm sure will have massive popularity like prime was. But seeing how my MP area is very much full, I may pass on him too.