The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

One more thing to be careful about; someone posted in Seibertron saying that the one he got had parts in the torso that were assembled the other way around, making it impossible to properly transform. Of course, that's most likely an isolated case.

Just picked up MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe, and I'm at the same time awed and disappointed. The toy itself was awesome; accurate Countach mode and about as accurate of a Sideswipe bot mode as you can get for a transforming toy.

QC was pretty bad, though. Overall paintjob was sloppy. I found a red paint chip inside the left headlight of the car mode, and some of the red paint on the sides of the car mode were just a mist coat, with the black plastic underneath visible. Some silver paint was scratched off of the left shin of the bot mode as well. Almost identical problems with my MP-10.

I'll have to bring it back to the hobby store for a replacement.

I got it a couple of days ago and feel the same. It's certainly fun to mess around with, but a lot of the paint is quite half-assed and the plastic tires, lack of opening doors, overall fit and finish just doesn't say "Masterpiece" to me. I'm glad I got it for substantially less than the RRP. At full price, I would feel ripped off.

Oh, and I got the Amazon chrome pile drivers, which are nicer than the black stubby ones, but still sort of pointless.

I got it a couple of days ago and feel the same. It's certainly fun to mess around with, but a lot of the paint is quite half-assed and the plastic tires, lack of opening doors, overall fit and finish just doesn't say "Masterpiece" to me. I'm glad I got it for substantially less than the RRP. At full price, I would feel ripped off.

Oh, and I got the Amazon chrome pile drivers, which are nicer than the black stubby ones, but still sort of pointless.

Yeah, the QC sucks considering the high-end nature of these Masterpiece toys. My MP-10 has the same sloppy paint job as well, and you can imagine how pissed off I was, since MP-10 was easily three times the price of MP-12.

I kept hearing rumors that those chrome things were no longer Amazon exclusives, but mine didn't come with them. Not a problem, as they don't really add to the display value of the toy itself.

Here's the Amazon pile driver. Sorry that the pic is so blurry, this is a crappy phone camera.

So those are the legendary chromed shovels pile drivers. :p

It'd be nice to have them included, but as with the black pile drivers that were included, they just don't serve much of a purpose on display.

Unless one were to make a cool diorama of him digging a tunnel through solid rock, which is kind of above my current modeling skills.

I just realized I really want them to make a 3rd-party Brawl for Bruticus/Colossus/Crossfire. Brawl's not-tank alt-mode has always bugged me. And I mean, it doesn't even need to transform for limb mode. Just make a basic little tank dude, and give it a perfect G1 drab-green color, and they'd sell a zillion. Even the latest G1-colored re-release of the Energon version still doesn't look right because it's simply not a tank (and doesn't look very Brawl-ish in bot mode)

And then of course, they could re-do Vortex, and we could have an entirely 3rd-party-limbed Bruticus... (re-doing the core bot would be a LOT of work, and also would negate half the parts already released, while a new Brawl could use the existing foot and guns perfectly)

I just realized I really want them to make a 3rd-party Brawl for Bruticus/Colossus/Crossfire. Brawl's not-tank alt-mode has always bugged me. And I mean, it doesn't even need to transform for limb mode. Just make a basic little tank dude, and give it a perfect G1 drab-green color, and they'd sell a zillion.

I have been a proponent of this ever since Munitioner and Explorer came out. I really hope it happens, because everytime I try to think of ways to NEATLY turn PCC Heavytread into Brawl, I get a headache.

been debating if I should just hold on to my Amazon order or not for G2 Bruticus and that's mainly because it's on free shipping!

I have had one bitch of a time trying to get MP Optimus from TRU, rude employees, backordered/discontinued preorder ended up being canceled etc etc. I gave up and justified that the extra 65 dollars I just spent online to buy one is exactly what I'd of paid in gas to continue looking at the closest TRU store from me every week. I'm very dissapointed by how Hasbro and TRU have allocated their stock for that figure.

On the other hand, I do want sideswipe, but right now he's kind of low on the list till I figure things out tomorrow.

I have had one bitch of a time trying to get MP Optimus from TRU, rude employees, backordered/discontinued preorder ended up being canceled etc etc. I gave up and justified that the extra 65 dollars I just spent online to buy one is exactly what I'd of paid in gas to continue looking at the closest TRU store from me every week. I'm very dissapointed by how Hasbro and TRU have allocated their stock for that figure.

This. :angry:

When I got into Transformers again, when Classics began, I had no trouble finding and collecting them. I mean, up through Universe/Classics 2.0, I was able to find every single figure without much hassle, even if I did pass on a few. I didn't even have trouble finding the reissues of Soundwave, Perceptor, or the Insecticons.

In the last two years, though, Hasbro's distribution has been horrible. I nearly missed a few Generations/Reveal the Shield figures I really wanted, and only managed to get some of them like Perceptor because they turned up at places like Marshall's. Of the Prime line, I've never seen a Vehicon or Airachnid in a store. The First Edition came and vanished before I even thought to go to a store to look for them. The only time I've seen Bulkhead, Starscream, or Knock Out was the time I bought them. While I was able to get all three Fall of Cybertron figures without much hassle, I'm questioning whether or not I'll actually be able to find all of the Combaticons. And Masterpiece Optimus Prime, the toy that's been at the top of my most-wanted list since it was announced, I've given up hope on actually owning. I mean, did Hasbro only make like dozen total? And who's dumb idea was it to release an adult collectible as an exclusive at a toy store right before the holidays? Now I have to hunt for it in a store that's a ghost town 9 months out of the year during the three months when it's clogged with flustered parents desperate to find the new "Tickle Me Furby" or what have you for their kids.

A $65 markup? You got off easy, Hikuro. I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me buy one at $190.

This. :angry:

When I got into Transformers again, when Classics began, I had no trouble finding and collecting them. I mean, up through Universe/Classics 2.0, I was able to find every single figure without much hassle, even if I did pass on a few. I didn't even have trouble finding the reissues of Soundwave, Perceptor, or the Insecticons.

In the last two years, though, Hasbro's distribution has been horrible. I nearly missed a few Generations/Reveal the Shield figures I really wanted, and only managed to get some of them like Perceptor because they turned up at places like Marshall's. Of the Prime line, I've never seen a Vehicon or Airachnid in a store. The First Edition came and vanished before I even thought to go to a store to look for them. The only time I've seen Bulkhead, Starscream, or Knock Out was the time I bought them. While I was able to get all three Fall of Cybertron figures without much hassle, I'm questioning whether or not I'll actually be able to find all of the Combaticons. And Masterpiece Optimus Prime, the toy that's been at the top of my most-wanted list since it was announced, I've given up hope on actually owning. I mean, did Hasbro only make like dozen total? And who's dumb idea was it to release an adult collectible as an exclusive at a toy store right before the holidays? Now I have to hunt for it in a store that's a ghost town 9 months out of the year during the three months when it's clogged with flustered parents desperate to find the new "Tickle Me Furby" or what have you for their kids.

A $65 markup? You got off easy, Hikuro. I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me buy one at $190.

Yes, I got off very easy, but I still own ppl like Valk009 80 bucks for the resin recast of the VF-4, and I dunno if I can pay for that, I mean I'm scraping the barrel now just to pay the MP prime figure.

I do agree, certain figures are very hard to come by, and I don't see why! Vehicons for instance I mean really? Vehicons? I understand they're cannon fodder for army stuff but come on! I would of thought Scourge would of been the same way, but nope, always saw him around and I own 3 of those. I think I saw airachnid once, ONCE and never again. I see FE prime figures like arcee and star scream frequently when I have stopped at a TRU store last month now. I even saw the Optimus megs 2 pack! But never saw a Vehicon or FE Bulkhead.

On the other hand, I do want sideswipe, but right now he's kind of low on the list till I figure things out tomorrow.

You're lucky to have not bought him. He's riddled with QC problems and you'll find yourself replacing one toy after another--a real hassle if you bought him online. The store owner at my hobby store was nice enough to let me open and check several of the Lambors he had in stock, and almost all had QC issues. I picked the best out of the batch, but even that one had a need for minor touch-ups. At least it didn't have a paint chip in his headlight like the last one.

I do agree, certain figures are very hard to come by, and I don't see why! Vehicons for instance I mean really? Vehicons? I understand they're cannon fodder for army stuff but come on! I would of thought Scourge would of been the same way, but nope, always saw him around and I own 3 of those. I think I saw airachnid once, ONCE and never again. I see FE prime figures like arcee and star scream frequently when I have stopped at a TRU store last month now. I even saw the Optimus megs 2 pack! But never saw a Vehicon or FE Bulkhead.

Scalpers?

You're lucky to have not bought him. He's riddled with QC problems and you'll find yourself replacing one toy after another--a real hassle if you bought him online. The store owner at my hobby store was nice enough to let me open and check several of the Lambors he had in stock, and almost all had QC issues. I picked the best out of the batch, but even that one had a need for minor touch-ups. At least it didn't have a paint chip in his headlight like the last one.

Scalpers?

Absolutely are scalpers. I've seen ebay sellers where they've sold nearly 50 of what they had acquired. But worse off is just TRU's ability to meet demands. They're fully aware of the demand but they're just unable or unwilling to supply that. I've gone back and forth on how so many preorders were never fullfilled back on the oct 15th release date, and thus they're now saying November 5th. Maybe we outta all wear Optimus Prime helmets tomorrow?

Absolutely are scalpers. I've seen ebay sellers where they've sold nearly 50 of what they had acquired. But worse off is just TRU's ability to meet demands. They're fully aware of the demand but they're just unable or unwilling to supply that. I've gone back and forth on how so many preorders were never fullfilled back on the oct 15th release date, and thus they're now saying November 5th. Maybe we outta all wear Optimus Prime helmets tomorrow?

Wow, TRU really sucks. In my neck of the woods, TRU doesn't even bring in Hasbro MP's.

Good thing there's no shortage of hobby stores here. It's a fool's errand to try and buy TF's from the local departmental stores.

Edited by GU-11

I did my twice-weekly pilgramage to my local TRU for an MP Prime and lucked out in getting the last Thundercracker they had. It's wrong that MP-10 and MP-11 were released virtually on top of each other instead of staggred out a bit.

I'm going to pass on MP-12 and -13, though. Nothing there insterests me and the review from MP-12 are not encouraging at all.

Just a rumor, though. Still kinda scary. Never knew Disney Label's Optimouse was just a foreshadow of this.

I know it are just a rumor.

But... that's are a lil' scary for all fans..

After all ... who knew she would buy the LucasFilms...

Edited by Old_Nash

I know it are just a rumor.

But... that's are a lil' scary for all fans..

After all ... who knew she would buy the LucasFilms...

The Evil Mouse has been buying companies left and right recently (Marvel and then Lucas Films), so it's not so far off for them to set their sights on Hasbro.

Apparently, there have been positive predictions among TF fans about the outcome of this potential buy. I wonder if Disney can make Micheal Bay stop injecting his idiot humor into the TF movies.

I have heard other than the paint in some spots it's great. I want an MP-12, and 13 is Soundwave, how are you going to skip Soundwave?

Easily. I won't grab his box. I won't walk up to the checkout. I won't wait through endless lines of young mothers and irritating children. I won't pull out my wallet. And I won't pay for it. There, that simple.

For the simple reasons that I fail to see how a Masterpiece treatment will result in anything than a larger-scale G1 Soundwave. His transformation is dirt simple and his proportions are great already. The only thing that interests me are the new cassettes and I suspect we'll be paying through the nose for them.

All in all, not enough of a new product to warrant my money.

Hmmn. Disney is extremely protective of their stuff as most people know---could be very bad for 3d party TF toys.

Crap, didn't think about that. They haven't touched Marvel that much but this case is different. Doubt the Mouse would let Hasbro keep going with the easy hand since 3d party toys do touch the IP.

I would say Hasbro were money grubbing fools to sell their company to Disney. I think it's just because Star Wars toy line is by Hasbro and they might want to acquire full rights to the franchise. To have complete control over things like Transformers could be disastrous.